Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Darkmares

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Tember
Dreamers of Light

Darkmares

Post by Tember »

I had an idea come to mind a few weeks ago. I was thinking maybe have some Darkmare NPC's that roam freely around the game. They would be different from the normal horrons and shamblix because they would be able to go through portals.

We could have several like 10-20 enter through DA continuously everyday. Though not in packs, they could each go there own way, and once they're collapsed they re-enter any random plane off of Da.

They could be horron or shamblix, or even ago. Or a mixture of the three. Possibly different colors and each have their own name.
Black Cloud
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Cloud

Re: Darkmares

Post by Black Cloud »

I like the idea. I think having some randomness like that could add some more excitement, never knowing when a random mare could come through, or when you might run in to one as you are traveling. Most players know the game like the back of their hand, this could spice things up.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

Like ^
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Coraal
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Coraal

Post by Coraal »

100% love this idea.
~¢~
No one saves us but ourselves.
No one can and no one may.
We ourselves must walk the path.
Buddha
fancypearl
PTR Tester (Rank 3)
Character Name(s): Stormy

Post by fancypearl »

:D sounds fun
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

Can I just request that these be more datoken than darkmares? Because 10-20 darkmares roaming the city is pretty much the end of all things...even if they are dumb as bricks
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
fancypearl
PTR Tester (Rank 3)
Character Name(s): Stormy

Post by fancypearl »

Hahaha
Tember
Dreamers of Light

Post by Tember »

Black Cloud wrote:I like the idea. I think having some randomness like that could add some more excitement, never knowing when a random mare could come through, or when you might run in to one as you are traveling. Most players know the game like the back of their hand, this could spice things up.
Yeah :)

I thought it would be nice to have more things to fight in game. I <3 fighting
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

Oh, no, I agree with the principle, I just remember how hard a time a lot of folks had with the revenants.
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Tember
Dreamers of Light

Post by Tember »

The Revenants were too unpredictable and too hard to fight. Normal shamblix that roam wouldn't be as bad. Maybe they could stay away from threshway and high traffic areas. I don't know, I just like to fight. I know this is a roleplaying game but, there wouldn't be anything wrong with having other things to fight and do to meet the needs of more people. I mean, people have left for a reason and I think it was probably due to boredom.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

Even if we couldn't get roaming mares, having random bursts of basically Maren invasions would be a blast. Just every random while (At least once every 2 weeks, not more often than every 2nd day?), a GM or two just do a blitz around and summon a couple mares in each area that has people in it. Just keep barraging people with mares for twenty minutes or so. With a matching GM Emote of course ;)
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
fr3y
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Frey, Kendo, That one guy

Post by fr3y »

These are all great ideas, it's fun to see the warrior types getting antsy in a time of peace or even feeling the need to flex their muscles.

Maybe something like a pvp event where we can crown a new champion every week. Have a champion from every sphere and award prizes. It might be well attended, I'd go watch it for sure.
11:11:28: Purple Lace: Frayed logic
11:11:39: You Say: no
11:11:43: You Say: Freyed logic

I don't compete, I'm the prize.