Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Soulsphere Emoting

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Soulsphere Emoting

Post by Cherokee »

I've suggested this before, and I even think Lycaon planned to implement it at one point. I always thought we should be able to emote as a soulsphere. I think we're all experienced enough at roleplaying to decipher how and when it would be acceptable to do so.

For instance:
>Jade bobs up and down, as menacing laughter bellows from her soulsphere.
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
Koi-Tus

Re: Soulsphere Emoting

Post by Koi-Tus »

I like the idea... I ran into this issue when playing the Atan mares that would distribute items as a soulsphere... so to make a creatively interesting interaction as a soulsphere was a bit limited. If I recall, I think you can emote once you soul evoke... or perhaps we just used GM raw emotes... maybe both. In any case, I'd be in favor of emoting the soul sphere appropriately.
Tary
Dreamer

Post by Tary »

I don't know... honestly I'd rather make soulspheres less useful than more useful. I'd rather soulspheres couldn't even speak, frankly. Granted my opinion won't be popular, but nobody likes a mouthy soulsphere.
Roleplayer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Liolira

Post by Roleplayer »

That would be kinda hard for a player that is in the middle of a GM rp that went terrible wrong ( insert BBQ of said avatar or explosion in here) and the player ended up a soulsphere for a month. We had one player's avatar destroyed. They had to do some fancy emoting in that state. I gave them kudos for enduring the rp for that long due to their creativity and being the butt end of all the teasing that ensued.
"Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes." - Carl Jung
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Post by Cherokee »

I've seen quite a few perma-soulsphere roleplays, and the only time it could be easily done is if the character is a GM with raw emotes. Waiting for “people to get together to figure out how to get them back to normal” is boring, and quite frankly a waste of the player's time, when they're not even able to participate in any way.

So, you don't have arms or legs as a soulsphere – that just means you can't emote something like tap dancing while flashing jazz hands. But you could, however, do something like:

>Jade's fuzzy soulsphere churns in a circular motion, humming as a red glow starts to appear at it's core, that expands out and around the sphere, emitting an enraged sound!

^That's something your character could emote if they were pissed off from being collapsed and found out they were ward trapped.

Or how about those that are about to be Struck? They could go out with a fancy bang.
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
Tary
Dreamer

Post by Tary »

Kailee wrote:The problem with that:

No matter what version of UL, you will have people that don't know how to not be stupid. They will be a fuzzy and spitting on ya because they are too pissed off that they just lost a fight or emote picking up a rock and throwing it at you. You may not emote wrong, but you run into people that will.
From HHGTTG:
To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem.