Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Teacher Perk...

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Dina

Teacher Perk...

Post by Dina »

Ok with the constant storms, this perk really sucks. Well it sucks anyway, it is nothing like in SoT.

In SoT the teachers were actually rewarded well for spending so much time teaching others. We turned in reported tasks for free plats and learns. It was great. Dina didn't have to do much for train plats either.

Dina has been teaching A LOT and what does she get for it? A task to write more tasks for a train plat and losing XP all the time because of storms. If you look to see Dina's tasks, you shouldn't have to give her a task for a train plat. There should be rewards and don't tell me that teaching is your reward. :roll:

In this game, work and effort leads to rewards of some kind. Even roleplaying gets you PP's! So please, give the teachers a break here. Those that are writing lots of tasks, don't make it harder on them, they are working their ass off in game to make it better for others. That is all I am asking.
Malarky
Dreamer

Re: Teacher Perk...

Post by Malarky »

I believe this would be a good use for the Dreamoire. Just saying.

The original Dreamoire was a little OP, but it could be used as a means of justifying passive tasking by way of a GMMT giving a Dreamoire to a teacher and following each train and task they create from the moment of the Dreamoire's creation. Instead of the teacher doing a task per se, it would simply be accepted that the teacher once they've satisfied the Dreamoire would be granted a plateau.

I don't know how much access GM have to train reports, but expect some measure of checking reports exists, so a GM would be following task creation and train evokes from the moment the Dreamoire was handed out in logs to identify whether a teacher was ready for the plateau they were seeking. The idea is to build infrastructure to make teaching easier to do without direct GM intervention.

I imagine it's a lot easier for a GM to check a log for a task then it is to meet with someone to listen to them try and remember all of the details.

This isn't a replacement for meeting people in game and for certain higher level rewards, If it were feasible, I'd say meet with dreamers to reward.

If a GM is giving you a task to write more tasks, they want to get to know you and they're going to be tasking you at the report. Your real task is that report. This was commonplace in SoT for teachers seeking their train. We'd pull people into a huge room and grill them. Every team member was present with questions.

Personally I find the task to write more tasks could be handled in a single meeting and shouldn't be something drawn out over a week etc, but rather that the train plateau should be given by a master teacher and endorsed by an "Elder".
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

Eh. Practicing writing tasks at the next level is useful. Also, writing tasks and listening to reports isn't exactly that involved of a process.

However, I wouldn't argue against plateaus based on the amount of tasks you honor as long as they held the same restrictions as Under Games winnings (No Forge/Train).
Dina

Post by Dina »

Yes that is helpful but Learn to 60 sucks and doing it twice when Dina has been writing out lots of tasks lately. I guess it doesn't come easy for me like it does for others! Listening to reports isn't hard, however it does take time, same with writing tasks. I just feel certain elders shouldn't make it harder on teachers when they are very active. I know if Dina does her Train 60 task, they will find issues with all the tasks, where she wont get the plat. Yes I'm bitching right now because it happens to my chars all the time. I was even told by another GM it wasn't...well nevermind. Just give us a perk please.
Ceyllynn
Dreamer

Post by Ceyllynn »

once again i'm reminded why i had cey's halo removed...

i've never functioned well with writing tasks, as "practice" or to show examples, when i sought out to plat train... basically it might work for some, but not for people like me. i have the feeling if i seek to make cey an active teacher, this is what will stop me. i taught because i liked teaching, enjoyed granting arts and plats, and i tried hard to suit each task to the student within the limitations of the time(lyra era). i honestly hated when they tried to bring in the changes, between that and my rp causing a backlash on me as a teacher, i gave up her halo willingly and had the art actually removed in a public display.

so far the only teaching cey has offered, is the one she has always offered with and without halo... teaching newbies how to float by the blade, it's her rp, and what she has always done as part of her teaching someone about the dream. she always makes up that first collapse in some way, either by helping regain xp, giving and item or taking them on a tour and explaining arts.