Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Enhancing Know

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Joandaltha
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Joandaltha

Enhancing Know

Post by Joandaltha »

I have noticed something and I am curious to know if others feel the same way. Who likes the idea that know gives room descriptions? I would love to add more and more to cover the dream, but I would also love to see know change.

I do not know how feasible it would be, but I was wondering if you could make know only say the name room from 0-9 room descriptions from 10-19 and then room histories from 20-29. This would make the art more useful and versatile for players wanting to know about the world and give those historians some more encouragement to help solidify the tales. Not every room may have a history, I understand that, but it would be cool to get as many as we could with some sort of information
Anasina
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Anasina

Re: Enhancing Know

Post by Anasina »

Oooh! So it's... like having a higher lore score in D&D? That'd be kinda neat!!

I'd say maybe a basic room description from 1-9, then 10-19 have a more indepth one which shows off some things you might not have noticed about it.

Though, I guess the problem is that it's an insight art. It'd be a lot of work for only some of the players to see these things.
*'~Anasina R. Dupree-Aileron~'*
*'~Blueberry of Mischief~'*
Joandaltha
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Joandaltha

Post by Joandaltha »

You bring up an interesting point. What is the highest plateau for non dreamseers? I was even think that a certain point it can even tell you how many ornaments, talismans and avatars are in the rooms.
Malarky
Dreamer

Post by Malarky »

Ideas!

Know 0-9 Shows room name
Know 10-19 Shows room name and description
Know 20-29 Shows room name and description with names of dreamers linked to its history
Know 30-39 Shows room name, description, history names and plays out a scene. If the room has no room history, the room will hint at there being a room with a description in it on the plane.
Know 40-49 Repeat
Know 50-59 Repeat
Know 60-69 Shows room name, description, history with names in a scene and evocations of the art create an emote in the room that illustrates some hint at an interaction with the history by the dreamer evoking.
Know 70-79 Repeat
Know 80-89 Repeat
Know 90-99 Shows room name, description, history with names in a scene and evocations of the art create a room emote showing the evoke of know is having an impact on the scene being played out for all to see.