Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

GUI Suggestion

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Black Cloud
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Cloud

GUI Suggestion

Post by Black Cloud »

This is something that has always bugged me, so I figured I'd go ahead and put up a post about it.

It would be GREAT if you guys can allow us to modify our chat display. Maybe a couple different configurations? Even just one more would do! For those of us who don't have weak eyes, it would be nice to be able to make the font smaller, or allow more text in the area. When having a discussion with 3 or more people, it quickly becomes a task to scroll up and down because you missed something, falling behind on the conversation. Unless there's an event where there's a bunch of people but only one is talking, this is always an issue, at least for me. Seriously though, I'm not asking for any other GUI changes, but please do something about the text area! I think it would make the experience much better.

Thanks!
Lu Chaos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Lu Chaos

Re: GUI Suggestion

Post by Lu Chaos »

You can make the font bigger and smaller. Look in your options.
Noidea
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Blue; Neveren (inactive)

Post by Noidea »

You can't any more, that was a Shades of Truth feature that doesn't seem to have been carried over (yet). I've just checked. Yo ucan change the colour of the text and background but that's all.
Efforts yield rewards, not words alone.
Lunk
Dreamer

Post by Lunk »

I like how it already allows us to modify the colors of the background and the text. however---- i wish when we modify that , that is also carries over to the "WHO" and "ARTS" listing windows, it just doesn't feel right unless they *both* look the same to me. so like the colors dont clash with one another and it matches. just an idea.
Inzoum
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Inzoum Zimia, Asaniel

Post by Inzoum »

I wouldn't mind an additional color setting to differentiate whispers. Emotes are italic, so that's fine...
Inzoum Carrere Zimia
6th Sphere GateKeeper of the Lyran City, Dream Traveler
Malarky
Dreamer

Post by Malarky »

I'm really enjoying the multi-colored text for emotes vs chatting in Starbound, so could see it improving UL. Emotes one color, chat another color.