Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Hunting

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Tember
Dreamers of Light

Hunting

Post by Tember »

I have an idea for a different way of hunting, since hunting in Underlight has been basically the same for years.

My idea is to have a plane or planes that have swarms of emphants. This would not be for newbies but higher spheres.

If say there are ten emphants in one room, and the xp amount on each one of them could be 50xp, then you would gain 500xp for collapsing the whole swarm of emphants.

Would just be something kind of different then the norm.
Last edited by Tember on Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noidea
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Blue; Neveren (inactive)

Re: Hunting

Post by Noidea »

Oh yes, I like that. Variety, without having to invent a new mare type (and matching graphic) or anything.
Efforts yield rewards, not words alone.
SnowAngel
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Snow Angel X

Post by SnowAngel »

Nifty idea!
There are times when we stop.. We sit still... We listen and breezes from a whole other world begin to whisper.
James Carroll
Malarky
Dreamer

Post by Malarky »

Mares don't have any collision with mares so when they spawn in duplicates as sometimes they do, they merge into each other eventually as they mesh together trying to attack you. Their pathing is pretty standard and sorely lacking. Whether there are 1 or 50 emphants attacking you, the challenge remains the same. The reward is multiplied by a lot though. I think this idea could work for a mare that evokes arts like Agoknight but not any mare weaker than it.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

Would it be possible to set up multiple spawn points in the same room? Or is that a huge ton of work to implement?
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

Arnaya wrote:Would it be possible to set up multiple spawn points in the same room? Or is that a huge ton of work to implement?
It's possible, but at this point it would be somewhat useless. Mares search for the first open room (no other mares in the room, regardless of the number of spawn points) and get cranky when none are open. They will spawn in the same room (see the Maze in Palisade), but like Malarky said, they don't always behave as you want them to. They just pile on top of each other and come at you like a stack of minions in a trench coat. Before we could make this kind of upgrade, it would require the mares to be a little bit more considerate.
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Game Master, In-Game Support
Cianne
Dreamer

Post by Cianne »

a stack of minions in a trench coat.
:lol:
~Practice patience and silent reflection in a moment of anger ~ It will save you infinite moments of regret~
Inzoum
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Inzoum Zimia, Asaniel

Post by Inzoum »

Rooms with several lower-level nightmares would be awesome!
Inzoum Carrere Zimia
6th Sphere GateKeeper of the Lyran City, Dream Traveler
Malarky
Dreamer

Post by Malarky »

Tember's idea just gave me an idea.

Instead of a room with multiple mares, make one mare that when you engage it, it can evoke an ability like agos randomly evoke blast, but this ability summons another mare randomly on the plane to the entrance portal of the room hes in.

That or summons a revenant that doesn't chase, just fires chakrams like a totem at a dreamer in the room.
RedBee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): RedBee

Post by RedBee »

I like it a lot. Emphants are killable with blast, maybe set it so that bogroms can join in. :) and im sure it would be interesting for a firestorm of horrons in a room, it would take some testing i take it. lots to think about

maybe make it a redesigned plane but make the hue of it different and the rooms kind of mixed differently but the same theme and then seperate each room as a different mix of spawn nodes whereas the following would occur as you progress deeper areas of the plane the sphere requirement increases, ofcourse you want to prevent even the lower spheres from access of a dozen emphants because they would die and be like how did that happen?

the earlier areas that are easier to access yet are locked to lowbies they got swarms of emphants in each room, then the deeper areas with the same plane theme have a different hue in the room with spawns of swarms of bogroms and it also has just oodles of bogroms everywhere, say like the amount that when tested works, etc etc, repeat the process until you get to a scarry hue like red or black or something when you reach horron, keeping the theme of the plane but with a spookier area.

going on tembers idea here. thats all i have to say.
Anyasha
Dreamer

Post by Anyasha »

Would have to be Ago+. Or else I'd just sit there and Trap, Chameled, nonstop, forever. Zero risk, lots of reward.