Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

End Game Plane

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Re: End Game Plane

Post by Arnaya »

Why not literally open up the Chaos for exploration. Do a random series of like 30 large rooms based in the chaos. Soul Shield renders it safe... going out without Soulshield results in serious damage accruing fast.

Put some Super high end gens in place out in the far reaches, really random timer and item quality. Multiple mares spawning in the same room at different points... that sort of stuff. Maybe on small patches of land or in small Ruins fragments. Assign a timer to shift the portal destinations randomly between the different rooms every 6 hours or so?
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Malarky
Dreamer

Post by Malarky »

Ideas for "end-game".

Combat isn't simply shooting anymore. You're introduced to this zone by way of a jump puzzle that is overseen by an invisible horron. It can not be killed and not only do you have to dodge its effects but you have to dodge the flames it fires as you climb the higher tiers of the jump puzzle. Added incentive exists for people to follow the puzzle instead of climb exploit by adding generators at exposed points of the cliffs on the way to the top.

Most players are going to work together here. This zone has several key access points for player mares if someone decided they wanted to spice up their life with pvp.

A new mare. This creature can teleport and like a horron can only be hit from behind. It's gaze will curse you and it uses melee exclusively.

There are other players that can enter this zone undetected who can set traps to hurt you. Boobie traps can reward lower level players with generated items.

Summon mare. It becomes a pet that gets you xp from the chaos. You don't have to hunt so much but the pet can come back to you at any time, so if you're in sanctuary and it returns to you with xp, it dies, you lose the xp.

More opportunities for environmental damage need to exist imo

Create collectable sets that reward with xp when combined

Once a player can no longer gain xp and they're at the real end-game, allow them to grant xp in large amounts but it has a chance of failing and not granting anything but still costing a ton.
Voxaroth
Dreamer

Post by Voxaroth »

Blade wrote:I propose we design and implement a plane just for high spheres. Make it 7th sphere locked.

The purpose of this plane would be to give high spheres (7th+) a place to gain XP more rapidly than what is currently available. As such, the plane should be full of Shams (maybe some horron mixed in).

Obviously, we are talking about risk vs reward here. More risk equals greater reward. This can be handled any number of ways, such as: The plane is chaotic and drains your DreamSoul as long as you remain on it. A greater form of Shamblix could be created, "Empowered Shamblix" or something. I am not saying the XP gain should be changed. I am saying a greater number of high level mares should be found within this plane. Which should be tougher and handled by 2+ higher sphered dreamers. I am restricted more by taking down mares faster than they can respawn, than I am by the xp they give.

We could call it... Chaos Sanctum (name is open to suggestions, I just made something up).

This is a rough idea that I just had.

Discuss.
My gut reaction was mostly negative when I first read it. One, because I don't think it's good for the higher sphere players to gain faster XP (as much as they want to advance, the bigger the level gap gets, the less dynamic and fun the game gets), and; Two, the game feels small enough for most players, and really doesn't need a place where the most impactful players can, essentially, hide out.

But, my gut is definitely opinion based, and that doesn't make it right.
Noidea
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Blue; Neveren (inactive)

Post by Noidea »

I agree with what Voxaroth said. And I really would not like to see Underlight having "end game content". I know how that works in other games; there are activities that are suitable for the "max level players", and most of the playerbase have worked through the other variously levelled things and now spend all their time on the "max level raids" and won't join you for anything else.

But on the other hand I immediately love the sound of visiting the chaos, and of the things people have suggested for it, and want to play with them - not that I'm a high sphere player.

Maybe instead of it being an all-the-time high-XP-area, we could have future storylines that require people (high sphere or not) to go to the Dark Awakening/somewhere else in the Chaos? Not as a "high level area" as such, except that you'd have to be a fool to go there without being high sphere or accompanied by a lot of high sphere people, but just as a place that appears as part of the storyline. Like the black area that appeared off Evernight during the Lost Name storyline at the end of Shades of Truth, for those that remember that, or like Tamarisk and party going to Furyan in a bubble (I don't know how that was handled in-game, whether it was an actual room or just described in raw emotes - but it COULD have been a room).

I love Malarky's idea of jump puzzle cliffs guarded by an unkillable horron, and irrespective of the Chaos stuff I'd like to see that somewhere in the game next time there's a change to the landscape.
Efforts yield rewards, not words alone.