Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Nice...

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Dina

Nice...

Post by Dina »

So now I am told that there will be no 7th or 8th sphere tasks being put out anymore and those that have finished their task for 7th, still can't get it because of the small community?

Say it aint so? :(
coltdorsey
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Thunderman

Re: Nice...

Post by coltdorsey »

Where is this stated?
Dina

Post by Dina »

In my facebook messages.
Koi-Shadow

Post by Koi-Shadow »

This information is incorrect. Closing Thread.
Koi-Wish
Founder

Post by Koi-Wish »

Quite simple.

No point in arguing it.

The City population is too small to warrant large enough dreamwide events. In her particular case - a handful of gatherings for a 7th sphere quest did not warrant a big enough dreamwide event for a 7th sphere. That being said, the events themselves aside, there simply isn't enough player base for anyone to be truly successful to do a realistic 7th or 8th quest with the City population. Any quest would have to be substantial and need to be reviewed, and currently it is my opinion the City doesn't have the population to support such quests. Its not an official rule, its my personal feelings on the matter. We have to have baseline standards no matter how small the population gets. And if those standards are to throttle quests that require dreamwide events, then so be it. Its not fair to give someone 7th under these conditions and then when the conditions change to hold anyone else accountable for higher yielding results because the population changes. We shouldn't just give away spheres. On the same note, I believe we have to scale tasks and quests to fit the current population so they are actually accomplishable. But 7th and 8th require a level of pedigree and dreamwide impact - if I was to give someone a 7th sphere quest and 1 guy comes to a handful of events and we RP all fun and stuff, that doesn't mean they earned it "just cuz". This was obviously an example of the extreme, but the point is still the same. There has to be baseline of acceptable turnout and results for the sphere earned...
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

Koi-Wish wrote:Quite simple.

No point in arguing it.

The City population is too small to warrant large enough dreamwide events. In her particular case - a handful of gatherings for a 7th sphere quest did not warrant a big enough dreamwide event for a 7th sphere. That being said, the events themselves aside, there simply isn't enough player base for anyone to be truly successful to do a realistic 7th or 8th quest with the City population. Any quest would have to be substantial and need to be reviewed, and currently it is my opinion the City doesn't have the population to support such quests. Its not an official rule, its my personal feelings on the matter. We have to have baseline standards no matter how small the population gets. And if those standards are to throttle quests that require dreamwide events, then so be it. Its not fair to give someone 7th under these conditions and then when the conditions change to hold anyone else accountable for higher yielding results because the population changes. We shouldn't just give away spheres. On the same note, I believe we have to scale tasks and quests to fit the current population so they are actually accomplishable. But 7th and 8th require a level of pedigree and dreamwide impact - if I was to give someone a 7th sphere quest and 1 guy comes to a handful of events and we RP all fun and stuff, that doesn't mean they earned it "just cuz". This was obviously an example of the extreme, but the point is still the same. There has to be baseline of acceptable turnout and results for the sphere earned...
I think this is a good time to shift the focus from Sphere Tasks for 7th+ to more of an "You accomplished 7th+" thing for a character. I've never thought 8th should be tasked for and instead it should be a mark of accomplishment given to a particular character.