Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Yet another art (PLEASE!!!!!)

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Yet another art (PLEASE!!!!!)

Post by Arnaya »

Art Name: Cap Talisman
Element: Insight (Minor) or Dreamsoul
Orbit Learnable: 20 or 30
Effect: Caps a talisman, preventing its last charge from being used. Item could still be dropped from collapses, or given, or dropped outright. Same limitations as Identify, so if item is given to someone else it looses its "cap". Higher plateaus increase its evoke speed (give it like a firestorm evoke time to start with) and maybe prevents the item from dropping with collapse at like fifty plateau or something.

No offence, but with as rare as GOOD items are to find.... having them go poof really hurts and usually means literally DAYS of hunting and genning to restock fully. This wouldn't stop that outright, given that Recharge likes to eat things from time to time, but it would really help. I can't imagine that the coding would be too difficult for it either, but I'm not a code person... so that really is just me guessing.
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
coltdorsey
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Thunderman

Re: Yet another art (PLEASE!!!!!)

Post by coltdorsey »

Its a neat idea. How do you think this would affect the reliance on Dreamseers to recharge talismen? My tactic has always been use chakrams to 20 charges and all other items (elemens, alterors) are free game to 1 charge. (Its fun to have Dreamseers gasp at the 1 charge) This system works fairly well for me. I don't lose import chakrams. Elemens and alterors are more easily replaceable and thats why I can risk using more charges on them.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Re: Yet another art (PLEASE!!!!!)

Post by Arnaya »

I honestly don't think it would change much, most items need to be topped up when they're found anyway (Arnaya very seldom finds chakrams with fourty+ charges on them for instance). All I really see as changing, is that people would have just a little bit of a safety measure for a couple of their most valued items.... the ones that you hunt a couple hours a day for a month for and maybe find one of. Most of us try to save items as much as possible, but some days and some fights just get a bit carried away. Arnaya's managed to save two of her plus thirty-five dreamsoul elems for like a month now, but its only been by very carefully watching them and not using them unless she has to.

I was putting some more thought into the idea, and I thought that instead of preventing items from dropping at a certain plateau or whatever.... what about making it only possible to apply a "cap" to four items, plus one or two per plateau? Makes the art useful at the beginning, and worth plateauing :)
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.