Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

A way to modify items

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

A way to modify items

Post by Arnaya »

Something that would be really nice, would be the ability to alter the focus/first colour of an item. Even if it was only the ability to work through the progression one step initially, with greater steps possible with plateaus?

IE: A soulmaster finds a Gold Chalk chakram. They evoke the art at unplatted, the Gold Chalk chakram becomes a "shifted" Night Chalk chakram. Doesn't help them much, but good for trade still. If they had the art at twenty plateau, they could turn it into a Sand Chalk Chakram (two shifts). Find an Abyss Beige elemen, but don't need Lucidity? Evoke and turn it into a Jade Beige elemen, or another second tier elemen if your plateau is high enough. It could use a Forge type interface.

Evoke art, select item, drop down menu interface shows you your options. Not that I mind having my character hunt and gen to restock, or trade items with different people.... but it would really help reduce the crunch. Even if the art only ever allowed one shift either direction, so a Soulmaster in that example could never make GK items usable for them. Yes, I would like to see Dreamsoul elemens available for modifying this way as well.... just because five plus hours of genning/hunting doesn't guarentee even a single combat worthy dreamsoul elemen.
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Dina

Re: A way to modify items

Post by Dina »

We had something like this in SoT. We used "energy" to change them. When we evoked the art on the chak, it would actually change it to your focus only. I loved the art. I liked most of the energy arts we had, but the ones for shields would not be helpful now unless it changed the durability, which I would love again, maybe my shields wouldn't bust before I blink in a fight hah! In SoT we could make a shield have 150 durability and absorption could go to 60% or 65%.