Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Secondary Arts

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Secondary Arts

Post by Cherokee »

These are the current art exclusions for a 9th sphere achievement secondary focus:
Koi-Shadow wrote:Secondary focuses are not as powerful as a primary focus. You will not be able to learn the Blade, Flame, or Focus art for your secondary focus as well as some of their excluded signature arts. This does mean that picking Gatekeeper for your secondary focus will not give you any kind of damage bonus and you will still only be able to use chakrams of your primary focus.

The excluded arts of each secondary focus are as follows:

Dreamseer- Blast and Combine
Fatesender- Paralyze and Razorwind
Soulmaster- Abjure and Healing Aura
Gatekeeper- Reflect and Damage Bonus (from not gaining Gatekeeper art)

Proposed art exclusions: Abjure/Poison, Blast/Recharge, Return/Reflect, and Paralyze/Razorwind

In keeping with the statement that primary focuses are more powerful than secondary, all of the arts listed above are more of the defining focus arts that I believe should be kept only for the primaries.

For the GK exclusions I added Return, but didn't take away the Damage Bonus. That should already be a given, since none of the focus arts can be learned as a secondary, and that is where a GK gets it.

For SM I switched Healing Aura with Poison, because Poison recently received a boost and is one of the more powerful arts an SM has. That should be reserved for them only.

And for DS I switched Combine with Recharge, because Recharge is 100x more useful and should be unique only to that primary focus.

FS is fine as is, Imo.

Opinions? Discuss!
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
Dina

Re: Secondary Arts

Post by Dina »

You still want to make the other foci appealing. If you took Recharge away from it, then that takes the appeal away from wanting to be a Seer. I don't even agree that Blast should be taken. You work your butt off trying to get 9th sphere, we/they deserve more perks.
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

Cherokee wrote:These are the current art exclusions for a 9th sphere achievement secondary focus:
Koi-Shadow wrote:Secondary focuses are not as powerful as a primary focus. You will not be able to learn the Blade, Flame, or Focus art for your secondary focus as well as some of their excluded signature arts. This does mean that picking Gatekeeper for your secondary focus will not give you any kind of damage bonus and you will still only be able to use chakrams of your primary focus.

The excluded arts of each secondary focus are as follows:

Dreamseer- Blast and Combine
Fatesender- Paralyze and Razorwind
Soulmaster- Abjure and Healing Aura
Gatekeeper- Reflect and Damage Bonus (from not gaining Gatekeeper art)

Proposed art exclusions: Abjure/Poison, Blast/Recharge, Return/Reflect, and Paralyze/Razorwind

Opinions? Discuss!
I agree with these. Recharge being gained would actually make a disproportionate amount of people go to DreamSeer, which I feel would harm the other foci. It also takes away from the primary focus being stronger because Recharge 80 isn't that much worse than Recharge 90. Combine, on the other hand, is a throw away art that most dreamseers rarely use to begin with.

I also agree w/ Return, since it's one of the best Gatekeeper arts available.

Removing Poison would also be a big boon for Soulmasters as a major focus.

So yeah...I fully agree.
Dina

Post by Dina »

From what I have seen, most want Gk, not DS.
Riggs
Dreamer

Post by Riggs »

Healing Aura is a joke - - and I think Trap Nightmare should be specific to SM's only.

The other foci, by this model, has what I'd call TWO 'great' (enough) arts that would be excluded, but Healing Aura is #weaksauce. Curse might would even be a choice :roll:

Also think maybe the DS model should be reviewed.. I'd like to think Blast a very good perk to want to be DS as a hybrid focus.

Then again, there's likely no absolute perfect combo to begin with in this endeavor, lol.

- B

Vamp
DE
OfF KiLTeR
Dreamer
Character Name(s): OfF KiLTeR

Post by OfF KiLTeR »

So....

Here is a question... After 9th sphere... What are the implications of making new spheres? This has probably been asked before, i am ignorant of what this would do everything...