Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Learnables...

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Dina

Learnables...

Post by Dina »

Very very confusing feature now. It spams the hell out of you and you have to scroll through a wall of text. I've thought about this since it came out, but forgot to post till now. Am I the only one annoyed by it?
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Re: Learnables...

Post by Sidas »

I unbound the key personally. I understand the intent behind wanting to ensure a character knew when they could plat minor arts but it's a little obscene at this point.
Dina

Post by Dina »

Agreed.
Tember
Dreamer

Post by Tember »

I am not a fan either. It would be a little better atleast, if instead of it being listed, it be in paragraph type form. That way you don't have to scroll up to see it.

Example:
You can learn the following arts at this time
Join Party to the third plateau, DreamSeer to the sixth plateau, Random to the first plateau, Meditation to the second plateau, Resist Fear to the second plateau
Protection to the first plateau, Know to the second plateau, Judgment to the first plateau, Identify to the third plateau. Identify Curse to the first plateau, Chamele to the fifth plateau, Vision to the sixth plateau
Dina

Post by Dina »

Well that is still confusing to me unless:

You can learn the following arts: Hypnotic Weave, Terror

You can plateau the following arts: Scare to the 6th plateau (or even just say "Scare to 60")
Tember
Dreamer

Post by Tember »

don't back talk me
Dina

Post by Dina »

back talks Tember in a very small font so Tember doesn't punch her in the face...
Butterfly
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arlyana Jax

Post by Butterfly »

I find it annoying as well. Having the list split up would be awesome. Also removing Quest from the list would be good, as it is directly tied to Train, regardless of its level. Same with arts like Show, Give. Join Party; to which there is zero point in platting, especially since they rely on another's actions to be completed.
Arlyana Jax Shaw
Sovereign of Stuffing
Amanuensis of Academia
Eternal Calenturian

Uthanatos: I don't know what you are talking about, that's not a woman, it's an AJ
Shae
Dreamer

Post by Shae »

It states, "learnable arts".. not "Platable arts". I just want to know what I can learn. I know what I can plat. ;)
Where are all the GateKeepers?!
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

Given the choice, I like Dina's idea for a layout change. Learnable arts in one paragraph list, Platables in another. The plat list does help some of us who don't know exactly when everything’s learnable and all that :)
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Post by Cherokee »

Being able to tell when a minor becomes platable is useful, but the spam is annoying. I'd prefer to see learnables and minor focus arts only. This would exclude major and DreamSoul plats. That way there would be less clutter, and a non-GK -for instance- would know when they can plateau Free Action. Other than that, we all know when we can plat our arts.

If not that, then Dina's suggestion could work...

Learns: Push, FlameShaft, and Free Action.
Plateaus: Resist Fear 10, Kinesis 20, and Mind Blank 30.

Either of those would be easier on the eyes. ;)
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
Dina

Post by Dina »

Teachers "should" know, but we have some that don't I'm sure. Tember came up with the paragraph idea which I really like, but also the idea of keeping learns and plats separate would be awesome as well. Not much of a big change would be needed.
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

I think the plateau you can go to is a little silly. At the very least, it should just be a list of arts in the plateau area.
Dina

Post by Dina »

Agreed. All you have to do is look at your arts lol.
Cuero
Dreamer

Post by Cuero »

I'm sure it was intended more for lower sphered to know when they could do Resist Fear or Reweave as 50 percent of teachers don't ask and don't know so then the student asks an Elder why and has to be told that the teacher they tasked from was dumb.

All the same, I like it. But I'm a completionist. I like knocking items off the list by tasking. My Give will be 50 soon.
~Cuero/Sevlen
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

There's also quite a few arts that Arnaya's been told different things in game about when she can learn them and plat them and all that. The plateau list is DEFINITELY a plus to me and other newer players (when we get some more), but I could support knocking out the "Destroy Talisman to the Third plateau" entry and just replacing it with the organization idea that Dina put up earlier.

Just the way it is though is a definite improvement over before the patch :)
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.