Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Proposed Blend Modification

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Proposed Blend Modification

Post by Sidas »

I've proposed (and set forth some work) in game to improve Blend and wanted to account for them here. These ideas are generally mutually exclusive and, as such, shouldn't be implemented together.

Idea 1:
Blend is modified to be like Vampyric Draw, in that there is a chance you won't lose Blend when you cross a Ward. The chance of keeping your Blend would increase with each Plateau. This would allow Blend to be used to bypass a Double Ward, as well as, Blend into a ward trap and potentially escape.

Idea 2:
Modify Blend to not stack and instead become Charged. The theory would be that each Blend evoke would create charged effects. So, if I evoked Blend twice, I would have 2 charges of Blend, and would be able to bypass two Wards. The downside to this, for a DreamSeer, is that your Blend would only last the duration based on your plateau. So, at level 60, your Blend would always last 70 seconds, regardless of how many times you evoked it.

Overall, either idea would make Blend more useful to a Dreamseer and a stronger art, considering it's the second to last Dreamseer art learned. It would also help offset the recent nerfing of Invisibility, which would be nice.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Re: Proposed Blend Modification

Post by Arnaya »

I like idea #2 personally :)
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
OfF KiLTeR
Dreamer
Character Name(s): OfF KiLTeR

Re: Proposed Blend Modification

Post by OfF KiLTeR »

Personally, I think Blend works well the way it is. Furthermore, option #2 may sidestep double-warded portals, which I think are important for game balance. There are other arts that I think would be better to improve first, before Blend.