Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Art Suggestion: Barrage

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Art Suggestion: Barrage

Post by Arnaya »

An idea I thought of recently to give Seers another battle art (And other foci to a lesser degree). The purpose, crowd suppression attack. Longer evoke time reduces its overall utility, and lesser damage/greater spread makes it a lot less useful in crowded battles with mixed allies and opponents. This could easily be an Insight Major, or an FS Minor art even.... but I think Seers could honestly use another battle art besides Blast. This type of art would also be useful for other foci, and could theoretically be used as another focus art for each focus (like a flame art). Simply change the name and cost. So the Seer version could be Trance Burst, and cost 15 Insight. While the Sender version could be Ruining Burst and cost 15 Lucidity, etc. The biggest difficulty I see with that would be the Gatekeeper Damage bonus, though if it was split between the number of projectiles that would pretty much eliminate that problem.

Art Name: Barrage
Focus: Insight (Minor) 20
Cost: 15 Insight
Evoke Speed: As per Flame art x2
Effect: Art unleashes a series of flames in a spray attack. Number of projectiles equals 2+1 per plateau and travel at Fast speed. Each projectile does less damage than equivalent flame art as per following:
1-9: 1 Damage per projectile
10-19: 1-3 Damage per projectile
20-29: 2-5 Damage per Projectile
30-39: 3-6 Damage per Projectile
40-49: 4-8 Damage per Projectile
50-59: 5-10 Damage per Projectile
60-69: 6-12 Damage per Projectile
70-79: 6-15 Damage per Projectile
80-89: 7-18 Damage per Projectile
90-99: 8-20 Damage per Projectile

Shots fire in an arc as follows:
1-9: 1 Straight, 1 @ 5 degree right angle
10-19: add 1 @ 5 degree left angle
20-29: add 1 @ 10 degree left angle
30-39: add 1 @ 10 degree right angle
40-49: add 1 @ 15 degree right angle
50-59: add 1 @ 15 degree left angle
60-69: add 1 @ 20 degree left angle
70-79: add 1 @ 20 degree right angle
80-89: add 1 @ 25 degree right angle
90-99: add 1 @ 25 degree left angle

Or for odd angles, it could randomly fire between left and right. So at level 1-9, the 2nd projectile would fire left 50% of the time and right 50% of the time.
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.