Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Peace Aura

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Dina

Peace Aura

Post by Dina »

It needs to go. I'm done being pissed off because of this art. I know this will piss people off, but come on. There is no good reason to have this art when you are in battle.

This art was for PACIFISTS, not a house that wants to war with everyone.

The first time Dina was PA'd.... A fight broke out up at Dina's house (OoSM) and she was PA'd by a certain person right off the bat. She couldn't do a damn thing to help out her house that was being attacked. The fight came to us, not to us to them. All Dina could do was just stand there. It was dumb.

I've been seeing people get PA'd way too much lately and seeing people in game bragging about how "Oh they can't do anything for 8 minutes hehehehehehe". That is bullshit. They have Sacrifice. Let them have that art and get rid of Peace Aura.

Tonight was just sickening. Dina was even threatened with PA....

This is abuse of an art, it is not what the art was made for. You take away force restore because people "abused" it, but you have people "abusing" this art. Please do something about it.

This can be done IN GAME as well. I would be more than happy to do some RP to get rid of it. Actually Dina has already stated she would.

Edited to add: Or as someone has just mentioned to me, make the art to where it can only be used on AoE members. Sable Shield can be used on only those in the house, that is how their art should work.
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Re: Peace Aura

Post by Cherokee »

I completely agree! The only way it's used now is to take out all of their enemies in battle, except for one and gang up on that person - just like what was done tonight. It's even used on pmares, which defeats the whole purpose of using them and wastes the players' time. Having it self targeted only would be best for those that really want to be "pacifists".
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
Shoury
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Shoury

Post by Shoury »

The current iteration of AoE and the prehistoric use of PA are no longer one in the same. And as such, if the art won't be removed, there should be a counter for it.

When I had the art at 49, I felt bad knowing I could take someone out of action for five minutes.. To be specific, I used it against Bladenarius, and he watched his minions melt as he could do NOTHING about it.

Either make PA usable on self or other AoE members, or make Soul Shield counter the effect. The art is too powerful in its current form. While measures were taken to self-manage the art and its usage, its clearly not working.

-S
Koi-Wish
Founder

Post by Koi-Wish »

Peace Aura will be going thru drastic changes as of next patch which, pending any bugs, is next month. The thought is the same as mentioned here it was never meant to be used in its current capacity, in the same breath the changes will still give it effectiveness for what it was intended to do.

I am going to close this thread to prevent any hate throwing from starting.