Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Hold that spot....

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Cianne
Dreamer

Hold that spot....

Post by Cianne »

I didn't really know what to call the thread.

Anyways...I was just thinking that it would be handy to re-enter the game in the last place you were when you "woke" and/or stormed.

I guess it would be like "camping" in other games.

I'm not sure how much work this would take, probably a lot :| but just a thought I had.

~C
~Practice patience and silent reflection in a moment of anger ~ It will save you infinite moments of regret~
cooki
Dreamer

Re: Hold that spot....

Post by cooki »

Recall that sticks!
cooki
Dreamer

Post by cooki »

Rather, Dream Recall
Shoury
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Shoury

Post by Shoury »

Dream Recall sounds good. Would need to be a toggle, though - for greater flexibility. If it is a toggle and it was "set" when you last logged out, upon entering the City, get a pop-up asking to return to where you last logged out.

An additional column would need to be added to the DB that would store your logged out coordinates, and you would, in essence, be teleported to that location if you select yes.

This can get tricky during patches where level edits are done and can cause crashes if you are TP'd to an area that is no longer accessible.

Just some random thoughts as I settle in to the office this morning..
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Post by Cherokee »

This was actually made possible near the end of SoT. It was great for the times people would storm during an RP, and wouldn't have to take a long walk back to wherever they were at.
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
Janus
Dreamer

Post by Janus »

I like the idea. Good RP potential... Capturing, imprisonment and such...