Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Teaching Incentives

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
HiRoGIiFiQ
Dreamer

Re: Teaching Incentives

Post by HiRoGIiFiQ »

I think that's brilliant and makes up for how much standing around must be done
Craig
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Corin, Thaniel, KuKai, Lume

Post by Craig »

+1 Blade
~Craig
Loathed
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Magnilia

Post by Loathed »

There's no one who abused the system as it was previously, as it is presently, and will abuse this system of incentives too. Nah. No one at all.

:roll:

As much as I personally may love the idea of incentives the oversight such is going to require is likely going to be prohibitive.
A man's character is his fate. - Heraclitus
Tember
Dreamers of Light

Post by Tember »

I think this is a great idea, Blade.
Last edited by Koi-Drama on Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Stay on topic. Only warning.
Clarity
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Clarity

Post by Clarity »

I honestly don't actively dislike this idea. It could be abused, but if say, 20k for successful Sphere evoke, it would help to balance out bequeath usage, which I know most sphere teachers use directly after sphereing to help give people a little bit of a pad. Want to bequeath someone a 10k pad to their shiny sphere? Now you have the 20k to do so, with out taking a personal hit to your exp pool.

As for train rewards, a static 5k would keep it from causing train abuse, while still rewarding the teacher for spending all their available dreaming time hearing reports. Not as effective as spending a couple of hours hunting, but a nice alternative for some of the higher sphered dreamers who are finding themselves overwhelmed with higher end plateau tasking.

Pretty good suggestion, actually!
So it’s gonna be forever, and I will stay up through the night. You can tell me when it’s over, and let’s be clear, won’t close my eyes. @-;-
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

I really don't understand how this would be abuseable at all? Having spheres docked as well as losing train/sphere would be a pretty hefty deterrent from trying to easily gain 5-30k from giving away arts. If your concern is "easy" tasking then there are some messed up priorities but those are also covered in the current teaching rules, I do believe.
Koi-Drama
Founder

Post by Koi-Drama »

This thread has exceeded beyond the scope of its original topic and devolved personal assaults. Users unable to utilize our forums appropriately will be banned. No exceptions.
“I try to bring the audience's own drama, tears and laughter they know about, to them.”