Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

House Prime Strength

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Koi-Cryptic
Managing Director

House Prime Strength

Post by Koi-Cryptic »

Hey guys!

I've been mulling over different ideas for a while now about house prime strength and I really feel like it should have a purpose. Right now, except for the 30k monthly cost, the strength of a house prime doesn't matter. A house isn't any stronger with 70k versus 700k beyond being able to relax and not worry about the monthly cost for a while.

What ideas do you all have for how we can put the prime strength to use to either do something or benefit the members in some way? Let me know!

Cryptic
Lio
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Liolira

Re: House Prime Strength

Post by Lio »

I had did a task around this...maybe a land maintenance cost...or the lands deteriorate with withering or bad affects?
Koi-Diligent
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Diligent »

How about using it for maybe focus staffs in the sanc area to give yourself protective arts or forge real quick. So much for so many days or so.
athena
Dreamer

Post by athena »

I like that idea Diligent. As long as I don't have to stand there for a long time, to get a decent amount. Would you allow members to rally non members that are helping get the effect when sent there? Would be helpful. Start off with 30 min then 10 or 5 min added each minute or 30 seconds you stand there? Sounds great to me.
huthut
Dreamer
Character Name(s): huthut

Post by huthut »

Treat them like RP points
PKChrisChan
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Nathan

Post by PKChrisChan »

I like diligent's idea too.

I would like to see it done on a RP side. People using strength for major dream changes.

I remember once I made a room and sticky room via 100k strength.
Kain
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Hrrum

Post by Kain »

1mil strength can add 1 more vault, every month cost increases +20k.

Some agreed on amount can be used to damage other house, let’s say same 1mil can destroy other house vault or sanc.
Kain
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Hrrum

Post by Kain »

Also, spend strength to build a portal within house to the plane of your choosing, same 1 mil strength.
Koi-Cricket
Directing Producer

Post by Koi-Cricket »

House with the most prime strength gets rewarded for the previous month with something. Rewards vary
Directing Producer
Koi-Cryptic
Managing Director

Post by Koi-Cryptic »

Kain wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:08 pm 1mil strength can add 1 more vault, every month cost increases +20k.

Some agreed on amount can be used to damage other house, let’s say same 1mil can destroy other house vault or sanc.
I do like this idea, but this would be hard to do because vaults and sanctuaries are attributes assigned to a room in the level editor and in order to make any such changes live would require a whole patch to the game. Unfortunately, changes like this can't happen fluidly.
Koi-Cryptic
Managing Director

Post by Koi-Cryptic »

Lio wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:47 pm I had did a task around this...maybe a land maintenance cost...or the lands deteriorate with withering or bad affects?
This is kind of what the 30k monthly cost is for. If a house were to ever to not be able to afford the 30k, it would close.
Koi-Cryptic
Managing Director

Post by Koi-Cryptic »

PKChrisChan wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:52 pm I like diligent's idea too.

I would like to see it done on a RP side. People using strength for major dream changes.

I remember once I made a room and sticky room via 100k strength.
My goal is to have something to RP, for sure. I would like to find something that is pretty level across the board. Some houses can bring in more essences than others and in greater amounts, so it'd be hard to have one house that has 10 vaults and another that only has 5. I like the idea of using the strength to change stuff though. Depending on changes, maybe some things could worked into a patch if needed.
Koi-Cryptic
Managing Director

Post by Koi-Cryptic »

Koi-Cricket wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:59 am House with the most prime strength gets rewarded for the previous month with something. Rewards vary
I think a reward system could be great for houses!
Lio
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Liolira

Post by Lio »

Koi-Cryptic wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:32 pm
Lio wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:47 pm I had did a task around this...maybe a land maintenance cost...or the lands deteriorate with withering or bad affects?
This is kind of what the 30k monthly cost is for. If a house were to ever to not be able to afford the 30k, it would close.
I am talking beyond the house...the lands Upper and Lower Lambent..the 30 k is for the house itself. Maybe 10k land fees for each plane. Ups the stakes of owning a house.
Example...Wardens has the Pallisades and Edgeward. A in game Role play for Dreamers of Light to claim the Cairns. Cairn and Lower cairn would be another 20k. Would make it interesting.