Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Minor adjustment to Player Mares/Shamblix

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
PKChrisChan
Keepers of the Eternal Shadow
Character Name(s): Nathan

Minor adjustment to Player Mares/Shamblix

Post by PKChrisChan »

Would it be possible to change Shamblix Daymares chakfire from Moderate to Fast(No bouncing)?

Also, please take a look at Drain Essence specifically on Daymares. It would seem that these essences do not vape if the head of the dreamer is particularly high sphere DayMares.

https://youtu.be/XYXoR9VstSk

There came a time. I didn't waste time fighting daymares as they could sustain themselves far FAR too long and became a waste of pack space. They could also restore their arts faster than anyone could react. In the video whenever FA dropped, he'd have it up within the next 2 seconds.

However,
I do not want to see these weakened. Just exploitable bugs like this one dealt with, as these creatures regain their arts faster than anyone could possibly. If he amassed 40 essences, and used them and they vanished. That would have been more fair.

Discuss.
Koi-Diligent
Dreamer

Re: Minor adjustment to Player Mares/Shamblix

Post by Koi-Diligent »

This is something I've been wanting to tackle for a while and have had some ideas about it. Right now the max a mare can get is 35 dreamsoul or less from an essence depending on what level the dreamer was when collapsed. I'd be curious to hear how can we:
1. Make them more fun to play but still have them balanced
2. Give them a fighting chance but still have that risk vs reward for fighting them.
3. What changes can we make to do that?

The way it works now is the head has a chance to vape. I think if we could change it into how the wells work you drain it until it has no more strength. A 8th sphere dreamer it'd get 2 good evokes before it vapes. With the community as strong as it is right now in spheres how can we keep them from coming in and getting collapsed in 2 minutes. I'd love to hear some ideas as this is one of my favorite parts of the game that we do not use enough at all.
PKChrisChan
Keepers of the Eternal Shadow
Character Name(s): Nathan

Re: Minor adjustment to Player Mares/Shamblix

Post by PKChrisChan »

I think we should reward nightmares for playing aggressively. I don't believe they need restoring effects outside the 29 restore and the natural regeneration that they have. A boost to that regeneration to reward dodging and positioning is fair.

I also think they should be rewarded with extra time for collapsing dreamers. This incentivizes going in and doing damage. Or removing the penalty for getting floated albeit a change to xp upon collapse.

I also think we should up the damage ranges for Shamblixes primary attack. 10-30 damage is not at all threatening in today's game.

P.S. can we buff the regen art!? 1-((plat+2)/10) makes more sense!