Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Realign

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Krodoc
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Krodoc

Realign

Post by Krodoc »

I know I know. It's another one of those bring something from SoT into UL again posts.

But Realign (for those who don't know what it is. It's an art that cost energy to change the focus of a chakram to that of your character. So a GK could pick up a FS chak and turn it into a GK chak.) would be a nice addition I believe.

You could make it where the Chaos Wells can be used to pay for the art evoke, or even make it a house only art that costs X amount of PTs to evoke. The latter is probably a more suitable option. Perhaps it could costs 5 PTs or something.

Thoughts?
Shoury
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Shoury

Re: Realign

Post by Shoury »

Would be nice. Genning for hours and 92.4% of them not being your focus can be annoying. But yes, to avoid ease of acquisition, PTs and/oro CWs should be used to counterbalance this, if we're looking 5 PTs as they have a fixed cost, 250 strength drained from essences or wells in your pack. There should be a fine line though, too low and everyone would be flooded with focus chakrams with ease, diminishing the need to gen certain talismans. Make it too much a pain and noone'll bother, but what you proposed may be a good start.
Loathed
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Magnilia

Post by Loathed »

What you're failing to note is that Realign was a part of an entire currency system that had frequent oversight by GM Staff as represented through the Forge Guild. It was not a one off art. While I wouldn't mind if higher level chakrams were a part of the font system in game the fact of the matter is with any game you have to play to get what you want. All games have their version of a drop rate, genning is ours, sometimes it sucks - often it sucks.

There are other things to do in the game then PvP and PvE, if you're that hurting for arms maybe that needs to be considered. I am sure that for every person wishing they had more of something there is someone who has more than enough. Sometimes people just don't want to share, especially if chances are that the item they just traded off is going to be used to punch them in the throat later.

Also, Grok.
A man's character is his fate. - Heraclitus
Shoury
Dreamer

Post by Shoury »

Grok too stronk with gambling.
Loathed
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Magnilia

Post by Loathed »

Blade wrote:I hoard my pack full of chaks, cause they're mine.

Except when Grok steals them... this one time, I rolled a 99. Yeah, Grok rolled a 100. Shenanigans.
That's just not right >.<

To the OP:
If RNG is that bad that it is actually a deterrent to spending time in game would a potential solution be to rework the RNG/content tables (or whatever the actual code equivalent is) to make it less of an unholy time sink? My thought being if you're 'paying' with Chaos Wells you're still having to invest time to fill those. More than ikely to a fairly high capacity. And then STILL having to collect the items you may want to change.

Or were you more looking to incorporate the old 'energy art' system in a more widespread way?
A man's character is his fate. - Heraclitus
Krodoc
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Krodoc

Post by Krodoc »

Sometimes you spend 3 hours at a gen and don't get anything good related to your focus. That's 3 hours that could have been spent RPing with people, but instead it was wasted on getting nothing and you're still at square one.

Sure, you'll have to run around and fill chaos wells or have someone make you PTs, but I'd rather run around and do that because at least I get something to show for it. I've hacked away at agos and for two hours received nothing of use. I was maxed, and so I got nothing out of it but a handful of energy to dump into the prime.

I don't want to specifically make energy arts more widespread. I want to see a variety of options on how to gain your items through less tedious means so you can spend more time sitting around with other people than sitting around by yourself staring at a spot on the floor waiting for the next disappointment to spawn.
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

Eros wrote:Here's the thing though, if you go out and gen and get abunch of items you can't use, but they're good enough that you would want to realign them, then they're good enough for somebody else to use. Why can't you bring them back to your house or trade them with somebody else for something you can use? If other people in your house are doing the same, then you'll be getting the chaks they can't use. Chaks are really the only item in the game that can be traded for something else. If you remove that by adding realign, it completely kills the "economy" of the game.

This economy helps houses attract players from all the focuses. A soulmaster for instance could join OoSM and would get every single soulmaster chak that players from that house genned; however, OoSM isn't as attractive to a Dreamseer because of the amount of Dreamseers they have in the house already.

If you make it so that chaks can be realigned using chaos wells, then it completely kills bringing energy to houses since everyone will be saving their energy for that instead of giving it to the houses. Nobody ever brought energy into houses at SoT because of the energy arts, realign being the one that was used most often. This change would significantly shift the focus of the game from the houses to the individual, so think about if you think that's good for the game or not.
Would making it PT based (or better yet, direct prime) solve your concern?
Cianne
Dreamer

Post by Cianne »

Grok? Elaborate please :)
~Practice patience and silent reflection in a moment of anger ~ It will save you infinite moments of regret~
Shoury
Dreamer

Post by Shoury »

Cianne wrote:Grok? Elaborate please :)
An Elder in game by the name of Grok FIrebeard does the inverse of Combine. Instead of taking two items and merging them into one, he takes an item and duplicates it to the finest detail.. that is, assuming you beat him in a random roll. Assuming the RNG gods are on your wide, Grok can be your personal 'gen'.
coltdorsey
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Thunderman

Post by coltdorsey »

Darkmare loot offsets the need for me to gen.