Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

House Planes Empowerment

This is a game for roleplayers. We want your ideas how how to build the better game. Post your suggestions here.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

House Planes Empowerment

Post by Arnaya »

This would be a suggestion that House members gain a small bonus to damage and damage resistance, or perhaps art effects, on their own house planes.

A second part of this, would be a new art that would allow either an individual, or house to be targeted to also receive this boost.

A third, would be another art that would declare another house to be an enemy... and suffer penalties to damage and damage resistance while on the house plane.
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Lu Chaos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Lu Chaos

Re: House Planes Empowerment

Post by Lu Chaos »

Sounds like nobody would raid houses because of the amount of negatives
Arnaya
Dreamer

Post by Arnaya »

It would depends on the negatives in question. I wasn't thinking anything huge, but the houses are meant to be bastions and strongholds for the members. So, a small boost (With a Prime cost for adding penalties to another house, or adding an ally temporarily).
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

I think something like that would help to deter the more frivolous attacks on houses. Knowing you are at a disadvantage going in might make people somewhat less likely to just pop up to someone's house just to pick a fight. Which could lead to people actually picking their battles, maybe even reduce infighting to matters that are of importance, rather than because someone had a bad day.
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

It'd probably be better to make the House Arts more effective on their respective planes. You'd probably need to tweak the current arts to even the playing field a little first, though.
Lu Chaos
Dreamer

Post by Lu Chaos »

I can only speak for myself but my character always fights for valid reasons if not I wouldve be banned a long time ago. Making current house arts stronger just isnt a good idea either to me. The house art my character currently has breaks party. Nothing more and this would only rise the unfair level to me. Raiding houses should have some type of effect like us taking your energy from the prime or something but nothing more than energy things IMO
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

You probably should have been.

Either way, I never said the current strength of the House Arts should be the baseline going forward. Poison Cloud is one that jumps out as needing a nerf but it would make sense to remain at the current strength when it's used at HC. It would also make for a good way to return Peace Aura to its stronger form if it was weak when evoked away from AoE.

Not sure why you're so down on Break Covenant, though. It's probably the 2nd best House Art when Peace Aura is at full strength and #1 currently with PC, RB, Dazzle coming up not too far behind it.
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

Poison Cloud took it's lumps with the mares, it's also the only offensive house art that can be negated without abjuring, so...there's that. Break Covenant has the potential to be truly devastating when used properly, as did PA when used offensively. Radiant Blaze is phenomenal and had a lot of potential if it had been utilized properly.
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Lu Chaos
Dreamer

Post by Lu Chaos »

Just saying house wars for energy for the prime aounds reasonable only when GMs dont get involved but seeing as that's not going to happen. No point in doing any of this. The losing house will cry foul everytime
PKChrisChan
Keepers of the Eternal Shadow
Character Name(s): Nathan

Post by PKChrisChan »

Poison Cloud is incredibly broken. The power of poison is that it eats at shields, passively eats at DrS charges, bypasses reflect and couples into unpredictable bursts. If it hasn't been nerfed in the past, it does 1-10 damage at 5th plateau. I know because I had it on Xererth before he left HC.

Uthanatos wrote:Poison Cloud took it's lumps with the mares
Darkmares are vulnerable to poison again actually. Many of the newer ones don't even use sable shield.
Lu Chaos wrote:Just saying house wars for energy for the prime sounds reasonable only when GMs dont get involved but seeing as that's not going to happen. No point in doing any of this. The losing house will cry foul everytime
GMs will ALWAYS get involved.
Not sure why you're so down on Break Covenant, though. It's probably the 2nd best House Art when Peace Aura is at full strength and #1 currently with PC, RB, Dazzle coming up not too far behind it.
I'm more scared of Poison Cloud on non-SM chars than RB or Dazzle since there are alteors in existence which you can stack to negate those effects. If I see a group of individuals all evoking RB. I'd just zone out or simply shoot them. Then you have GMs chars/Darks with foresight to these arts wearing sable shield + 1+ hour durations of each art.

Also, Break Covenant, or any art that chops up numbers is broken in games similar to UL. Then couple that with 50% of the pop who doesn't fight/restores from a sanc. Numbers get grim. Break Covenant + Wards forces you to fight in the room where it is set up. The attacker has the advantage.
IN GAME LOG wrote:18:20:14: A haze surrounds you, suppressing your ability to join party to others!
18:20:20: The duration of your Break Covenant has been extended
Oh, from what I've read from the effect it seems to block re-partying for a duration.

So yeah, PC and BC are broken. RB and Dazzle are good too. But I'd argue the former drastically outpower the latter.
Lu Chaos
Dreamer

Post by Lu Chaos »

OK so BC has a duration effect didn't know that but BC is for a raiding house only. Its one dimensional. Only applies to dreams, would have zero effect on Elders or darks unless they have ppl healing them from sanc ofc
Arnaya
Dreamer

Post by Arnaya »

Remember, Party also affects mass arts. BC also deals a small burst of damage
Xan
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Xanthicus

Post by Xan »

Lu Chaos wrote:OK so BC has a duration effect didn't know that but BC is for a raiding house only. Its one dimensional. Only applies to dreams, would have zero effect on Elders or darks unless they have ppl healing them from sanc ofc
No, it breaks up any party silly. aim it at an incoming attack force and suddenly, they are split, unable to communicate, gain xp, same as a defending group. defending a stronghold may actually have an advantage, as they can regroup in a secured area, sanc, etc.