Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

By the Rites: A journal 1.1 ☼

Tentacle
Dreamer

By the Rites: A journal 1.1 ☼

Post by Tentacle »

An elegant script laid down by a practiced hand flows against the collected pages. The margins are filled with intricate diagrams and sigils. Eldritch mysteries and vibrant soulfire wisps are engaged in their strange dance, a tale of their own in coruscating inks.

Exchange. Do not forget this constant.

I had for a long duration looked forward to the time of the Hydra. Looking to the Crown of Parity, I saw a future wherein I united the lower realms. Continuity in our system is a powerful ally and foe. Continuity, like Exchange, is often overlooked. I desired to put reality back on track. We are indeed an endangered species, and though we have felt this in our very essence for years, we have done little to combat the inevitable.

As I explored my path, carrying with my intimate knowledge of The Elsewhere and the mysteries it contained, I cast my lot with The Ascension. Those who walked with The Ascension understood there were mysteries far beyond our comprehension, and we must explore them. The Dreamstate itself could not be sustained, and through it, we, if we continued to shape the world around us as a mundane mirror image of our waking worlds.

As it came to pass, The Ascension grew and sustained ourselves through our purpose. We called ourselves together, those who were Free and those of us sworn; to The Ziggurat. I led us in creating the Iron Phylactery, turning my intention and the power of the Crown of Parity to lend themselves to our success. This act resulted in a portion of the Iron Fae joining with Vacuity and Profusion bound to the Crown.

The Wardens of the Ziggurat now turned our path and purpose toward The Palisade. A fog did settle over this period. My work took me with greater frequency to The Elsewhere itself. The Madness had become pervasive, strange entities visited the City with increased frequency, and I desired to understand. Reverie led me to these duties and not to the awakened state.

As I resolved mysteries Elsewhere, my reverie once again was directed to the awakened state. I came to know a corruption that was settling over us like a fog. My trusted companion was forced to make a sacrifice. Touched by this insidious poison, those close to him were called together to open a portal. Our beloved monster carried himself through the doorway with a portion of the beloved Kin to escape the Great Bane.

With these sacrifices and the Great Bane still rolling before us, I knew I must secure the gateways of reality. I delayed my ascension no longer.

I awaken now as the Matron of the Cells. Akkadian gave me the first set of keys, and I shall continue to add to them. From those first Keys, The jubilant jester led me to the Keys of the Primordial. With these Keys combined, I came to know the mysteries of The Elsewhere.

Let the balance found through the union of these covenants sustain us.
"She spins her golden web between us and the dream." - The Matron ☼, Soulkeeper
Tentacle
Dreamer

By the Rites: A journal 1.2 ☼

Post by Tentacle »

By the Rites: A journal 1.2 ☼

Oblivion.

Annihilation.

The Great Erasure.

These things lurk all around us, and they are of a power to consume that is greater than the farthest reaches of The Expanse. These powers are not born of alien spaces and desires but rather grow from a seed within each of us. With each awakening, we determine if the invasion will continue apace or be pushed back. Inwardly we must look and decide for ourselves if we seek unification or sow further seeds of our consumption. Our loathsome unmaking comes from this root, the issue of our corrupting hate and apathy. Once, we did judge the great Dreamwrights as being unwise and turning peril on reality itself. Yet, even as we awaken, we time and again shape the City with pedantic and uninspired sorcery.

In so large, we have forgotten what it is to Dream and in this failing given birth to the great erasure.

I see the message inherent in knowing what I do regarding our parent realm and those outside of it. As realms are weakened, they are set to drift—those awakened in them the agents of the sundering. The bonds of reality are weakened to allow Realities to be carried by the more significant currents of The Elsewhere. Into each other, they have clashed, broken bodies and shards of intent and idea.

I pray that I am not too late. It is one thing to know and another thing entirely to do. There are so few now who will explore their potential, and even fewer will risk their comfort and general acceptance to do what must be done. We must not only unite ourselves to this great purpose, but we must also unite the fractured realities. We must bring a new purpose to ourselves, The Awakened, and the planes brought together in the pseudo-cataclysms. Secrets of our survival lie in the ruins of these realities and the colder, darker depths of our souls.
Tentacle
Dreamer

Re: By the Rites: A journal 1.3 ☼

Post by Tentacle »

An artful and steady hand has laid down flowing passages of script. In the margins of the pages are harrowing figures and pools of vibrant colour entangled.

Our dreaming cycle grows dim and chilled. We stood against the Darkness, the collisions of realities, and even The Madness itself. Yet, once more, we are faced with the fact that we are our own worst enemies.

Even in this place, The City of Dreams, we cannot escape the cycle of seasons. Man, woman, entity - there is not one variation of awakened being that can seem to escape the withering. We are bound to this natural cycle regardless of the reality we were awakened into. Time and again, I have asked those around me to share their journey - their memories - that perhaps in understanding the foundations of who we are, I might, we might, achieve true enlightenment. Alas, the stupor continues. It has settled into the minds and spirits of those around me to such an extent that I hardly recognize them anymore.

We have fewer options now than ever before. As the minds, feelings, and even language of those around us grow embraced by this deep catatonia - I find myself more resolved. I must do what I can. Though I am sure now that I cannot save them, nor do they want to be saved - reality itself is my charge. Bound to the Heart as I am, it has become my responsibility to heal. Though I do not think my peers will understand the lengths one must go to for this task. If I cannot mend the Awakened around me, then I will unite the lower realms themselves. It is time to visit the Elemental Loci and complete the beacons.