Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Runic Prolegomenon

Laieus
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Laieus

Runic Prolegomenon

Post by Laieus »

As I peer into the depths of Knowledge, I see a connection.

It all began with a simple experiment, what if I linked myself to the Detection Array?

The Council, child thieves that they are, have long been theorized to able to control the elements as freely as they do because of some form of latent ability. Which they detect in the children that they abduct, fuelling the conflict even further. While we use the Runic Language to affect the world, they manipulate it directly. However, a thought came to me. What if it was not an issue of Potential but Compatibility?

We peer ever further in the Abyss of Knowledge because, through our understanding, runes of increasing complexity and power become feasible. Thus having a direct feed to the information of the Array might let one see aspects of Reality we had not considered before and lead to untold secrets. What I am doing could be thought of as an elaborate form of Suicide if it fails. Every person who has tried to interface directly to a runic array has had Fatal or near Fatal Backlash.

In this problem, I see a possible solution. What if I designed the Array distinctively to interface with myself? Each bit of Rune work written by myself from the surface down to the core.

After what felt like forever, I stare at the Circular Room in which the 50 million rune long Array rests. The walls filled with Runic markings of which several portions have the glow of Energy already pulsing through them. Concentric Rings of Floating Runes arranged all around the Immersion Array the locus of activation. I recognize subsections of the glowing runes as the Isolation Array already active as having any outside influence in the Energy could very well be catastrophic, and yet other active sections such as those required to keep this massive formation from misfiring while keeping the structure stable. As I look over the Runes, they seem to come alive as if beckoning me to activate them.

I carefully tread into what might very well be my undoing. As I sit in the Immersion Array, I feel the Runes promptly connecting to me. Even unpowered, they already seem to be taking me as the missing portion of the Runic Circuit.

I look at the Five Runes that represent my hope and the potential of this Array.
With resolution, I activate them. The signal courses, from the one signal, two Streaks head out in opposite directions, activating myriad Runes as they traverse the Aggregation. I feel the Energy beginning to surges even though myself. An Opening arises, I begin to See.

What was once only data in front of myself is no longer merely displayed but rather unveiled. I look at my creation as power flows through, its potential beginning to unfold.

I See the Runes Glow in unfathomable colors, watching as they seemingly become one yet remain plenty. Potential Flowing through, shifting in esoteric shapes as it comes back to me.

I See Space folded by the Energy into a pattern of indiscernible detail, connected in an ever-expanding mesh of detail.

I See that which holds Matter together, Forces that I had only learned of are ripe for being observed.

I See... A Connection, leading to somewhere else. One Linked directly to myself.

As I Peer into the Abyss… the Abyss answers back: "Entering DreamState ... "