Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

~Curse of a dreamer~

Lio
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Liolira

~Curse of a dreamer~

Post by Lio »

I will start with my own story, of a curse, self reflection of dreams gone by. Then I will add others short stories that appear to be identified as curses, or are they? Self reflection and awareness, makes a person grow. So now I introduce the series.

~Lio's loneliness~
( a seers self reflecting sadness)
My husband, my love; as I sit and ponder, all alone at times with cherished friends long past. Memories of your laughter; your jokes, and your joyful ways. I wonder where the months and the years, those dreams have gone? Why only memories last? Why have you lost your passion to dream? I feel my youth is squandered, slipping way like a cursed elemen and for what? A plateau,a few spheres, some scrolls now curled, stained with age. A forged tarnished ring of promise.Especially plaguing my memories of you.
My husband do you remember? Think at times of what we thought we had? And do I ever cross your mind? And, are you ever sad?
Vanity… of course it is, and vain has been my curse.The twisted path of a dream ill-spent…can only bring remorse.
I thought again, as I smile sadly...I take quill in hand and scribble one more verse. To think, to dream, and to regret... ah, ‘tis this dreamer's curse. That is missing you, and not letting go. Wishing for those dreamers gone by

This story was retold by:
Krodoc -Gatekeeper, Dual Focused(GK/DS) 9th Sphere
Freespirit

~ A Cursed that became a Eternal Desire, the gatekeeper who became Kromare~
( A Gatekeeper is cursed as a darkmare, he longs for that state till this day in the dream city)
This story is about Krodoc from Idoclesia, the one known as the red demon. A loyal and prideful gatekeeper, with a reputation for a tenacious temper back in his city. Those who knew him, were cursed when they crossed this gatekeeper, like a bulldog, he wouldn't let go of those dreamers who crossed him the wrong way. It took a lot to push this man, but when you did, you were cursed with a very skillful warrior, whose intelligence at tracking prey, would keep a dreamer in a hyper vigilant state of worrying when he would strike next. This is his story on how what was a bad curse, became his hearts desire.)
Now keep in mind, I don't remember the name of the device or how Eros came to have it, or even why. I just remember that he was struggling with his ability to keep himself sane, and was threatening to use this device on Dina.
I moved to defend her, and attacked Eros. We fought for a little while, but then he managed to gain space and turned to fire his device at Dina. I jumped in the way to be a meat shield essentially, and took the blast to my chest. It knocked me from the City back to my shard, and Dina took off. When I returned to the city I didn't notice at first. I came in through the Courtyard as normal, entered Threshold and as soon as I moved into one of the hallways, I was hit with an incredible burning sensation. That's when I looked down at my hands, which were claws now, covered by a battered cloak. So I got out of Sanctuary and from then on I couldn't enter a sanctuary anymore without feeling that pain.
I remember going on a small rampage, but I don't recall who it was against. Just that I kept certain people inside the sanctuary for days.
*To tie off the shamblix story. It was about a week or so that I held the form before being cured in the water of Umbric. Well Dina eventually convinced me to let people cure me. As I got used to be a shamblix, I didn't want to switch back to my dreamer form. I still miss it to this day. The power I felt, I would be a horron by now. This wasn't a curse to me, it was a blessing to experience this as I reflect back now.

This story was retold by: Ironies II Soulmaster Duality in process
Ruler Alliance of the Eclipse

Ironies II: Gather round children to hear the tale of an old man and his adventures.
Ironies II: So as most everyone can tell you I'm addicted to trapping but my curse is being addicted to poison.
Lio:: how is it a curse?
Ironies II: There is an interesting story about how that came to be from over 20 years ago.
Ironies II: I hide a lot of the pain it causes me. To be so fully addicted to something that it hurts when you don't get it.
Lio: I watched Em' addicted to sprint
Ironies II: To the point that I have to forge poison alts to keep on me to somewhat satiate the hunger
Lio: and I am a lush ... please continue
Ironies II: I think that's a different kind of addiction
Ironies II chuckles
Liolira pulls out Captivator her flask, she pauses at the rim...a little too slow..then sips off the flask

Ironies II takes a deep breath and opens his hand looking at an old scar that still looks fresh as he lowers his head
Lio: what was your first hit of poison that started you on this downward spiral?
Ironies II: I was maybe first sphere about 20 years ago. Hadn't long got my halo from Thunburg when I was in my favorite gen spot. II: In harrow Glades where the shamblix are now.
Lio nods jotting down notes
Ironies II: Was always a good place to get good eles and alts. This was before the Shamblix took over the rooms there.
Lio: they know where the good shit is ..., they have their own addiction
Liolira smirks
Ironies II nods

lio: first taste...loss of control, jumping down the rabbit hole
Ironies II: This wasn't to long after Tehthu was destroyed with Tehthu's oblivion and the mares had a chain of command.
Lio: spill Soulmaster
Ironies II: Gotta listen to the story
Ironies II winks
Ironies II: It's relevant
Liolira nods then plays with her fingernails and listens...giving Bob the Tit Mouse the quill
Ironies II: A general in his army was a darkmare named Tzayak. At the time I was a guardian in HC.. Or a ruler? I can't remember I was in leadership either way
Liolira watches Bob scribble furiously
Zoric catches himself snoring
Ironies II: Tzayak started growing some interest in me. Maybe because of Tehthu, maybe because he just didn't like HC. Who knows. He hunted me every time he dreamed
Liolira : had darkmare stalker...write that down and triple underline that Bob!
Ironies II: Usually I got away before he collapsed me. But one day he caught me unaware and he got me. Cast chaos purge on me and took me.... Somewhere? All I know to call it was... The Chaos.
Liolira scritches the mouse on the head
Ironies II: It was unlike anywhere I have ever seen.
Lio: wow he pulled an Azlan
Liolira smirks
Ironies II: He force restored me with drain self and put down some kind of Paralyze field that broke through any kind of freeaction I could use.
Liolira whisper to Zoric " dont say yes if Azlan ask you if you want to be teleport..its a Cruse in itself..you will end up lost!"
Ironies II: Even if I woke for a time when I came back I was there. I couldn't come back to the dream city. It was the worst... year? Two years? Of my dreams.
Liolira eyes widen
Ironies II: Time there lost all meaning because there was no sense of it. Even the in dream clock showed all zeros.
Liolira makes a note" did Aethimir..gain the secrets of the darkmares...returning you to the same spot?"
Ironies II: While I was there I was tortured by lesser darkmares. The soldiers I guess.
Liolira nods...and whispers to Bob| dot the i's and cross those t's
Ironies II: An Agoknight mare sliced my hand open and every hour on the hour they applied poison to the wound. I couldn't heal the wound. It didn't matter what I did.
Ironies II opens his hand and closes it looking at the gash in his hand.
Liolira frowns
Ironies II: After what seemed like weeks they stopped. Just left me there in isolation. The poison wore off.
Lio: was the withdrawal bad?
Ironies II: The feeling that had of losing my dreamsoul to the edge of collapsing then being restored to full then back down was.... Hard to explain. I grew accustomed to the rush.. I craved the rush.
I wanted it. I started begging for it.
Liolira nods softly, then eyes Captivator...she sips him slowly, then pats the flask
Ironies II: Every day.. Ever so often they would give me what I wanted in the wound. And it satiated me for a time but it wore off. Then they made me wait a few more weeks.
Zoric quielty walks up and hugs lio, waves see you later to Ironies and poofs
Ironies II: At that point the feeling of losing my dreamsoul comsumed my thoughts. It's all I wanted. For a time they would let the emphants nip at me and the bogroms slice me with their claws. And that helped. The pain became something that took the place of it. But it was never the same
Lio: so how did you learn to control it?
Ironies II shakes his head
Ironies II: I didn't
Liolira frowns
Lio: so you carry this curse to this day?
Ironies II: After a time the mares stopped. The paralyze wore off and one day when I came back to the city I was back.
Ironies II nods.
Liolira frowns deeper

Ironies II: But the hunger remained.. I satiated it by going hunting.. Trapping when I got stronger.
Trapping eased the pain because I could use the strength of the mares and I could drain that chaos into my avatar.
Liolira makes a note for her to ask OfF Kilter for a 1000 wet noodle to help with the addiction for Duck
Ironies II: It dulled the pain some.
Liolira nods
You Say: so you did find a control mechanism
Ironies II: Magnlia does it to be fun but in reality it sooths me and helps but it also grows the pain after it goes.
Liolira nods
Ironies II: It takes me back to that place when I was tortured
Until I can dull it again. It's never gone. It's always in the back of the mind tapping.. growling.. wanting. Sometimes I collapse just to stop the pain. I don't have to feel it. And stay that way when I'm alone.
Liolira scritches Bob's head and hands him a piece of cheese, then takes the quill..she watches the mouse dive into her cleavage. She then frowns mulling over the experience.
Ironies II: Just so I can meditate and have some peace. Even the effects of peace aura doesn't help
You Say: I am sorry you endured such a horrific incident
Ironies II: It only makes it stronger because at that point I know I can't have it.
Liolira nods
Ironies II: And nothing I can do can help it because I'm immune to it.
You Say: so you have learned to live with it...dream with it…that takes a lot of courage
Liolira rises...walks over and hugs Ironies
Lio: thank you for the interview
Ironies II: So my curse that I live with for every dream that I hide from the city is my addiction. Not to poison persay but to the feeling and hunger it stops.
Ironies II smiles and hugs back and nods

Liolira
Dreamseer 7th sphere completed
Alliance of the Eclipse