Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Mourning the Loss of Comet

Koi-Drama
Founder

Mourning the Loss of Comet

Post by Koi-Drama »

Our Beloved Community,

It is with great heaviness of heart that we announce the passing of one of our own within the community. Michael Slawter, known to many in the community as Tamarisk, Akkadian, or/and Koi-Comet. Michael has been part of the Underlight community for over two decades, building many lasting friendships with other members along the way. Michael had been part of the Koi Team almost since the beginning and demonstrated an unrivaled passion and gift for the teaching aspect of the game early on eventually becoming a teaching lead and one of the longest-serving active GameMasters at Koi-Ware.

He will truly be missed as we mourn his passing. His absence in the community will be felt for many years to come as he is irreplaceable on many levels. Our hearts go out to his family and friends. We will strive to keep the community informed. For any members wishing to donate or contribute in any way, please seek out Koi-Wish.

Although as a dreamer, Michael is no longer with us, the dreams he shared with us will live on forevermore in our hearts and minds.

Sincerely,
Koi-Drama
β€œI try to bring the audience's own drama, tears and laughter they know about, to them.”
Gorgunsun
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Gorgunsun, Gromnir

Re: Mourning the Loss of Comet

Post by Gorgunsun »

Akkadian/Tamarisk was always a really cool UL'er and the glue holding it all together. Gonna miss you pal.
OfF KiLTeR
Dreamer
Character Name(s): OfF KiLTeR

Post by OfF KiLTeR »

Wow,

This was most unexpected. I knew Michael as a player through Tamarisk - I did not know his role as Akkadian, though in hindsight I can't see how it could have been anyone else. We did not always run in the same circles, but he was always respectful - even when he didn't have to be. He is a big loss to the community in a number of ways. While I am sure we will find someone who can perform his duties well, he can never be truly replaced.

He was a good soul and it is heartbreaking to have lost him.

Mike
OfF KiLTeR
Rafael
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Rafe, Takalia

Post by Rafael »

Tam was one of my best friends in game and had many a good chat about the dream and non stop teach chalenges from him a well as talks of the dream.
I as well never knew that he was Akkadian though it really explains a lot of the quests i got from him.
The dream is out there, we can make it real
~Rafaella