Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Sad news

Erasmus
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Erasmus

Sad news

Post by Erasmus »

It is with a heavy heart that I announce the passing of my friend Shaun Chappell, Underlight player and former GM.

Shaun played from early Mplayer days as Solister and was a GM through the UL2k transition. If you played during the Lyra days, you probably played with him and may never have known it as he was the controller of Nipkath, one of the original controllers of Asmodan and many others.

Shaun was a quiet person if you ever met him in person, but he was an amazing roleplayer and the reason I started playing Underlight. He avoided social media, but man could he DM an AD&D campaign.

Goodbye, my friend. You will not be forgotten.

Bryan
Koi-Cricket
Directing Producer

Re: Sad news

Post by Koi-Cricket »

So sorry to learn of such sad news today. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Directing Producer
Koi-Wish
Founder

Post by Koi-Wish »

This saddens me greatly.

:-(

~Brian
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

Post by -Lacie- »

I'm just seeing this, and this just weighs heavy on my heart as well. The character Asmodan had very close role-playing interactions with Lace and helped make her what she is today, and that can never be repaid. He will be missed and it saddens me that he's gone.

I can remember when Ravageone and Asmodan were role-playing together. Asmodan was Ravageone's "father" (I can't remember the exact details, it's been so long ago). Ravage would get into it with Asmodan (both arguing and shooting at each other) and I would be sitting at my desk, laughing my ass off so hard that I couldn't type anything! They would get so hot and heavy into it!!! It is a good memory; one I thought I should share.

Please let his family know they have our condolences, and we will hold onto our good memories of Shaun. Let them know he's left an indelible mark on so many of us and we appreciate all he did.

~Lacie~
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."
Joshua Mandrake
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Joshua Mandrake

Post by Joshua Mandrake »

RIP my friend
Flagg
Dreamer

Post by Flagg »

I pop back in cause I got a notice of a weird private message here in Cyrillic, so I figured why not... only to find this. I knew him quite well. UL2K was an adventure, to say the least.
I'm glad I got to play with him, and work with him as a GM. He was definitely one of a kind. Clear Dreams, my Friend.
CEO of Smythe Enterprises.

Pissing People Off with the Truth Since 1998™
Bear Crusher
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Bearcrusher, Ghoul etc

Post by Bear Crusher »

Obviously I've not been around in years. I happened to look today and learned that "Asmodan" has passed away.
I enjoyed RP with him. He was so very good at the experience that is Underlight.

Bear