The Player Test Realm is a place for testing the upcoming latest release. It allows the UL Community to participate in testing along side with the developers.
Things to note:
- PTR's database is a snapshot of production as of the date specified in PTR on Court Yard Message of the Day.
- Nothing else touches the PTR database such as password resets from account.underlight.com, so if that changed recently, you'll want to use your prior password for your characters. ------ If you do not know the password for your character on the Player Test Realm, please email JorKyrin at accounts (at) underlight.com and request a password change. Please be sure the request is from the email address you registered with your KoiWare account. This is part of the verification process.
- This is an OOC environment
- Database could change or be restored to another point in time
- The PTR server is only up during testing and is brought down during the off times.
- The PTR server is not for chatting and hanging out in. If you are in PTR and not making a contribution to the "Player Test Realm: Feedback" forum, then you need to be playing on the live server.
- Install and run PTR client from Steam:
- Visit https://store.steampowered.com/app/980730/Underlight/ and click on the green Install Steam button at the top right of website.
- Once you have an account with Steam and the application is installed, search for "Underlight", and install the application.
- Click on "Library" tab at the top of the navigation bar. Locate "Underlight" on the game list, click on "Underlight" and click on "Play". Choose the radio button option: "Play PTR Underlight Client"
- First, download the latest underlight-setup.exe file from https://underlight.com/download/. Run the installer to install the application.
- Next, click on the Windows Key/Icon and browse your applications for the Underlight folder. You should see multiple short cuts including two labeled Underlight (Player Test Realm), and Play as PMare (Player Test Realm).
- Start the application and login in as you normally would on production/live server. Confirm that the Court Yard Message of the Day states that you are on the "shamblix.underlight.com" server. If so, you are on the PTR server. Happy testing!