Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Relaunch 12/1

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Koi-Cricket
Directing Producer

Relaunch 12/1

Post by Koi-Cricket »

We are aiming for a relaunch around 6est, Wednesday night. We will 100% keep you informed via forums/FB/and discord exactly when we go live.

I want to say I appreciate each and every one of you. We are really excited about things we are able to bring to you in this new version. You guys have been awesome with giving your feedback, opinions and suggestions in a productive manner. It has really helped the team tremendously.

I wanted to dive a little more into player concerns and complaints…

Fireside was very productive, and if you were not there, many things were brought up that players wanted/requested. Sometimes complaints are unreasonable, but we listen to each of them nonetheless and we hope to accommodate as many of them as possible.

Even though recently the teaching standards were drastically changed, and we essentially gave you a say in how teaching works, one concern was that advancement was either too easy, or too hard. We had already addressed that by giving an option on how spheres worked, and also lowered the requirements for reward tokens. However; we have decided to take it further and have adjusted the requirements for spheres once more. You can read over this post for several changes.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=9661&sid=7bf164fa1 ... ac34afcfb0

In regards to -Option 2 of sphere requirements, it was changed to only having your focal arts up, the dreamsoul art requirements have now been removed all together.

Requirements for Master teacher were lowered as well so that we could include more players.

Since this is a huge perk in game, Inactive players will not remain MT. If a player openly leaves the game, MT will be removed. If an MT only shows up for meetings, MT will be removed.

In the event a GM’s PC becomes MT, GMs will only vote once. Either PC, or GM character. ( we had already started doing this when voting went to the IC forums, but I am openly stating it here because of concerns we received)

Wordsmith, Dreamsmith and MT marks will have to be regained. It’s been 100 years! But we won’t make it a pain in the rear 8-)

Pmare credits will be increased to be more generous. Also, a few additional perks will be found in the DA to make pmaring easier and more enjoyable.

Remember, all houses have had a major overhaul in regards to story. This is a new version and new start. Houses over the years have become stagnant for the most part and this is a way of bringing life and fun back into the game. I do understand sentimental attachments to the houses, I have one. But In order to see Underlight thrive, we will have to accept change. -Roleplaying- your characters reaction to something however, is completely different and most certainly welcomed. Our amazing roleplay lead has spent countless hours working on the house beliefs and structure. They are -amazing- and I think that you all will find something you can fit right into.

City Guard and the Trappers guild will be GM ran as player guilds will no longer be given. Once the guilds have adjusted and evolved, it will be essentially put into the players hands to shape and mold, along with the Gm support to help drive the roleplay.

We want players to focus more on the roleplaying aspect of the game. Over the course of time, players have leaned drastically on GM intervention to lead stories. But now with the restructuring of the houses and so many permanently roleplay props in place, it is our hope is that with this version, players will come out of their comfort zone to participate more, and also work on their own stories, be driving forces in active houses, and enjoy the game as much as we have in the past.

See you Wednesday night!
Directing Producer