Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Living Memorial

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Koi-Wish
Founder

Living Memorial

Post by Koi-Wish »

Use this post as an opportunity to say thank you to those you have interacted with over the many years Underlight has been around. I, for one, know that there are things I would have loved Michael and Susan to know before they passed - Things I wish I would have said before it was too late. If there is someone you have interacted with for years and years, and would like to just let them know how they have impacted your dreams, maybe even your life. By all means let them know here. This is not limited to the living - by all means, if you wish to post a post a message post-mortem by all means place it here as well. I know I will be adding a few under both concepts. This is not a kudo's thread, keep those where they belong. This is bigger, even if they were your enemy, or maybe even if they dont dream anymore but someday might crawl across this forum - let them know here and now, how much you cared.

Brian
Koi-Wish
Founder

Re: Living Memorial

Post by Koi-Wish »

Purple Lace/Susan

I will keep this brief. I am probably the person who has dreamnt with Susan aka Purple Lace the most. Having spent a huge part of my Lyra days beside her and her family - pick the year. But always she was extremely inspirational to me and the dreamer I became. I was much younger then, when I met Lacie, and I was much more a follower then a leader, and I clung to her because damn she could RP back in the day. I was inspired to create a number of characters and breathe life into them based on things Lacie said to me ingame. When she was struck, a huge part of my enjoyment of the game was gone. When this Koi-Project got underway, the #1 thing that was my goal was to bring back old characters and "struck" characters, paving the way for the likes of Susan to drive Purple Lace again. When I found her on FB and she was ecstatic to come back - it was a huge win for me personally and for Koi. When I dreamnt standing next to Lacie again, IRL, I was doing fist clenches and moments of "yes!" - it was personal, but awesome. Susan and I didnt see eye to eye this time around as much as we did before, mainly because I am on this side of the fence, and she was always a player, we argued more then we did anything it felt like. But all in all there was still this massive appreciation that she was here. Lacie was in the City, and that was a good thing. I look back at these last 7 years I dont know that she ever really knew how I felt about her returning, or just knowing she was around. But then I look and see that she dreamnt as Lacie for 9,657 hours - thats over 402 total straight 24hr days. Thats a lot of time, a whole lot of time. And me, and my team gave that to her again. We gave her 10k hours of something she loved. And that makes me happy. I will forever miss you Susan, thanks for everything..... the City will never be the same for me again, not ever.

Brian
Koi-Wish
Founder

Post by Koi-Wish »

Kailee/Dina/Kim

I have probably dreamnt with you just as much as I have dreamnt with nearly anyone else at all. One of the few dreamers of which I have met the controller in real life. Lyra we were close, in between we were friends, and Koi your still with us. I know we have a love/hate relationship sometimes, but I know that that typically comes from a place of passion for this game. You have roleplayed my daughter for many years, likely 20+ at this point, not many folks can say they still roleplay their family 20 years later - but we can. I know its been rocky here and there, but Dina/Kailee have always been a part of this City to some degree, whether it be a troublemaker, a daughter, a teacher or whatever shenanigans you get yourself into - know that even though we have shared words that might be shameful, you will always be a part of my family just like real family... always. Thanks for being here.

Brian
Dina

Post by Dina »

Koi-Wish wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:53 pm Kailee/Dina/Kim

I have probably dreamnt with you just as much as I have dreamnt with nearly anyone else at all. One of the few dreamers of which I have met the controller in real life. Lyra we were close, in between we were friends, and Koi your still with us. I know we have a love/hate relationship sometimes, but I know that that typically comes from a place of passion for this game. You have roleplayed my daughter for many years, likely 20+ at this point, not many folks can say they still roleplay their family 20 years later - but we can. I know its been rocky here and there, but Dina/Kailee have always been a part of this City to some degree, whether it be a troublemaker, a daughter, a teacher or whatever shenanigans you get yourself into - know that even though we have shared words that might be shameful, you will always be a part of my family just like real family... always. Thanks for being here.

Brian
Brian,
Oh where do I start? Gosh we met so many years ago here in boring Kansas and that was one heck of a night, I was able to meet you in person finally, I know we had our Daddy Daughter pic taken, but I can't find it! This just means we need to get another one! Yeah we have had our ups and downs, I would agree we are both passionate and feelings can go a-wire lol, but the main thing is this. We have our tiffs then we go back to being friends again. We may not agree on everything and get mad at eachother, but that is what you call real friendship. You are a fantastic father and over all a great man. You did so much to bring back the game to all of us UL fanatics and I will say, this round is much better than the others. You and your team do a great job! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you have done and to the rest of the staff. I will try not to get banned again lol. Third time is not a charm with that! I love you Brian and I mean that as a sisterly brotherly love! Thank you again for your friendship! <3

Kimberly
Koi-Wish
Founder

Post by Koi-Wish »

Gina,

Gina we didn't spend any time together in Lyra really. You mostly were involved in DoL, and as a rule I don't drive any characters that have anything to do with them, so we never really interacted, but we knew whom each other was. We met in Kansas at that meet, and I am pretty sure you thought I was just crazy. A couple of years later and Gatlinburg was a huge hit, being in one cabin brought us all closer together, and that was a lot of fun. But we never really got close, even when you joined the team originally, it wasn't by my desire but I agreed. The rest is history really, you worked hard at most everything you did. Luigi and I were surprised by how much you contributed and busted your ass no matter what post you were put on. I remember when we were going to start a GM of the Month thing which was wholly inspired by your dedication and hard work (but you getting it every month would have gotten old for everyone else) - Every month, every week, every single day you put in time to this thing, without fail unless your sick or some rare time off - You eventually grew to be our Managing Director, helping run everything, and you still put in the time, day after day after day. I don't know how you do it. Your amazing. I have gotten to know you so much more, and I think you now believe in me more than anyone in the "big picture". I trust you beyond words in your opinion, your decisions and as my right hand gal on this project. I love and adore you, I can't want to spend time with you in Gatlinburg in 2022 - you mean the world to me, the team and this project. Thank you so much for everything you do, every single day... you are priceless and a wonder, and I am so utterly happy you are standing with me on this journey, I couldn't do it without you.

Brian
Koi-Wish
Founder

Post by Koi-Wish »

JorKyrin/DiscoWay,

One day we were sitting across the table interviewing. Next thing I knew we were talking about Underlight. And I knew I was hiring you for sure. You were an asset to the Kinetic team, the foundation to a our Help Desk, and a pleasure to work with and get to know IRL. One day, running Underlight became a reality. Could we do it. We sure did. Got the perfect team together to kick off this project. With you at the ready for the Linux world, and a mountain of hurdles, but man we got over every single one of them. Each one to me feels like a miraculous overcoming. Each road block, we figured out how to smash through. We now have known each other in real life for 10 years, and worked on this project for the last 7 together. No one knows the amount of hard work on the back end of this project, the maintaining and work on the servers, the ins and outs of that beast like you know. You have taken administrating the servers to a whole new level, overseeing the security and integrity of the project as well. You treat it like an honest to goodness real world job, and the results are unbelievable. Without someone like you in the shoes that you fill, none of us would have a dream, nightmares, the website.... none of it. You are the seed from which all of this thrives from and most don't even know who you are. But I know the man, the person, the father, and the friend. You are the asset that carries all of us forward, without you there is no Underlight. I am glad we interviewed that day for so many different reasons, I am glad to have met you, gotten to know you, and am so glad I moved back to town so when this Covid crap is over we can hang out once again. Thank you for everything you do, not just from me, but on behalf of this entire community. Underlight sits on your shoulders, and your passion to keep it going is only matched by mine to keep it alive - we are a dynamic duo that got this far - and I am happy it was with you. Thanks sir, its been and is an honor to work with you.

Brian
Koi-Cricket
Directing Producer

Post by Koi-Cricket »

Koi-Wish wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:08 pm Gina,

Gina we didn't spend any time together in Lyra really. You mostly were involved in DoL, and as a rule I don't drive any characters that have anything to do with them, so we never really interacted, but we knew whom each other was. We met in Kansas at that meet, and I am pretty sure you thought I was just crazy. A couple of years later and Gatlinburg was a huge hit, being in one cabin brought us all closer together, and that was a lot of fun. But we never really got close, even when you joined the team originally, it wasn't by my desire but I agreed. The rest is history really, you worked hard at most everything you did. Luigi and I were surprised by how much you contributed and busted your ass no matter what post you were put on. I remember when we were going to start a GM of the Month thing which was wholly inspired by your dedication and hard work (but you getting it every month would have gotten old for everyone else) - Every month, every week, every single day you put in time to this thing, without fail unless your sick or some rare time off - You eventually grew to be our Managing Director, helping run everything, and you still put in the time, day after day after day. I don't know how you do it. Your amazing. I have gotten to know you so much more, and I think you now believe in me more than anyone in the "big picture". I trust you beyond words in your opinion, your decisions and as my right hand gal on this project. I love and adore you, I can't want to spend time with you in Gatlinburg in 2022 - you mean the world to me, the team and this project. Thank you so much for everything you do, every single day... you are priceless and a wonder, and I am so utterly happy you are standing with me on this journey, I couldn't do it without you.

Brian

Wishbringer/Brian

You make me shed happy tears. lol. Those are some really favorable things that you have said, and I cannot tell you how much it means to me to be appreciated. By you, especially. I've had things happen since coming to the team that had you reaching out to me, so concerned. But, I have also seen many many many times that you have felt that same concern for others, Lace, Comet, other players in the game that struggle with every day life. I've seen you do things for people, because you are kind. You are the one that has held this game together, and frankly, the only thing that could make you any better as a player, or person, is if you liked DoL :D. Honestly, you have been a rock for Underlight for a lot of years. I have never seen someone take on such a heavy load of BS, stress, time, and energy into something and still have the love and passion for it that you do. You're a great friend and probably will be for the rest of my life, at least, I hope so.
Directing Producer
Drizzt
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Drizzt Do'Urden

Post by Drizzt »

Wishbringer/Brian
We didn'tspend a lot of time in Lyra, although I am one of the few that remember you as a newlie and occasionally a student. Since my return to Underlight you have been supportive of my ideas for rp. And when we lost Patricia/ Fin Marda our chat over Discord voice really help with my personal closure. Thank you for bringing back a part of my past that I truly loved and remembered fondly. It has given me the opportunity to share it with my family and reconnect with old friends and make few new ones. I now count myself lucky that I can call you friend.
With a little luck one day soon I will be able to shake your hand and buy you a well-deserved beer.

Scott
Drizzt
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Drizzt Do'Urden

Post by Drizzt »

Ironies/Wayne
What too say? Well lets start with friends in Lyra and that friendship has just gotten stronger now 20 odd years later. I can honestly say that our interactions IG always bring a smile to my face. And the discord chats are just as much fun. You ability to drive an rp forward without being overbearing is an incredible skill (unlike myself I can be a bit heavy handed). Not too long ago I was seriously thinking about leaving the game. But it was your passion for rp and story telling that brought me back, as well as Shalandra and Duck. So thank you for that. It seems I owe you a well deserved beer as well.

Scott