Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Our little sandbox

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Koi-Cricket
Directing Producer

Our little sandbox

Post by Koi-Cricket »

Years ago, someone had a vision for Underlight, and because of you, it has evolved into so much more. Underlight was founded on hardcore house beliefs, political wars, and all things revolving around that. But as time went on, things evolved, and players have adapted to enjoying other things, such as guilds and freespirting.

We allow room for growth in our environment. But, there are also players that like the old school Underlight, as well as some that like a mixture of both, old and new. In an environment such as this, it is not humanly possible to please 100% of the population, all of the time, as Underlight does not belong to one person over the other, one group over the other, or even one house over the other. Underlight is here for all of our enjoyment. It is the mixture of all things that has made Underlight what it is today.

Sometimes we as a team, are placed into a hard predicament. Considering there are different camps in UL. And here is a quote from a team member. We have "creative, social, and pvp/conflict" some people like forging a chak way more than using it, while others like to just talk about said chak.

Great thing about Underlight, is that it is big enough, that it can accommodate all things.

We have had our ups and downs, and I have seen players come and go over the years. All for different reasons, but the most concerning is for reasons that could have been prevented. I know firsthand how it feels to have something of mine in game rejected, squashed, ignored, on the GM side, as well as a player. But that is what is so wonderful about UL. We can take the good with the bad and use it -all- for roleplay purposes, which is what Underlight is completely about.

I hope you all continue to stick it out and realize that there is a little bit for everyone. Take every single thing that comes your way as a roleplay tool that can be used. Use it to make and break bonds with houses, use it to evolve.

Everyone has a story to tell, and it is up to you on how you write your characters story. It is up to you on how you respond to situations and circumstances. There is not one player in our community that I do not think adds to the game. Not one person that I would ever want to lose. And not one player that I am not willing to work with and help to push your story along.

As managing director, and a GM that is always around, I have noticed some things happening lately. I want you to know that I see it, and am going to try my very best to remedy some things, make some changes, bring new things in, and cater more to some desires that have been lacking.

You all make me feel every single emotion there is while playing Underlight. Thank you for all that you do, and contribute to the game. <3
Directing Producer