Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

I suck at combat in Underlight (and here's why)

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Gorgunsun
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Gorgunsun, Gromnir

I suck at combat in Underlight (and here's why)

Post by Gorgunsun »

Underlight has been by far the most rewarding online multiplayer gaming experience I have ever enjoyed. It has its own history, mythology, and cast of characters that using the word COLORFUL to describe would be weak. And I don't plan on quitting anytime soon.
Just quitting the player versus player combat.
What of late I have found most rewarding in the game is the nonviolent player interactions. Basically, just roleplaying with each other. The combat however, isn't doing it for me. I don't mean hunting agos or even a shamblix as part of a party, I mean dreamer versus dreamer, dreamer versus mare. Mare versus mare isn't something I have deeply dove into, so I'm gonna leave that one alone.
I think because of the combination of me getting used to more modern FPS style games, and just me getting older and lacking those old blade and chak dueling reflexes, and the fact that this laptop I currently do my PC gaming on having tiny keys for big fat fingers Nick, I just don't have what it takes to be a frontline badass in Underlight these days. In the past I was good, if not great at this aspect of the game.
This is not me begging for mercy, if I get caught out, I get caught out (my go to other than UL is Dead by Daylight so I am QUITE familiar with this, heh heh heh). This is not a complaint against the UL team either, the game has stayed the same pretty much and there are only so many ways you can update or change it. Just understand I don't enjoy combat in UL the way I used to. I hope that Gorgunsun is entertaining to folks in other ways.
Dina

Re: I suck at combat in Underlight (and here's why)

Post by Dina »

Ok so you say you don't want to fight anymore, but then why go in game and say things like this?

Gor said this in a room where a Guardian of their house is there lol. Now, I am not trying to pick a fight, but when you do open your mouth in game, there are consequences IN GAME. If your character doesn't want to have "issues" in game, you might want to work on your character then too.

Once Dina and Harkyn finds this out in game, do you expect them not to react?
Gorgunsun wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:07 pm Just quitting the player versus player combat.
Just a bit of advice, if you don't want to fight or do player vs. player, don't put your character in that situation.

Again, I am not trying to be a bitch, I just don't understand why people do this.