Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Underlight questionnaire

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Koi-Cricket
Directing Producer

Underlight questionnaire

Post by Koi-Cricket »

For those of you that are not on our FB group and may want to participate :)

Bored and stuck in the house? UL questionnaire for fun

1. Do you remember the year you started playing Underlight?
2. Approximately how many years have you played?
3. What was/is your main character name/s?
4. Any alts?
5. What is your top 5 favorite characters in Underlight? (any version)
6. What was your favorite villain character in Underlight?
7. Name one player from the game that you became friends with ooc?
8. What version/versions of Underlight did/have you play?
9. Name your characters biggest rival.
10. What was your most favorite story arc of all time?
11. Who was your UL bestie or player you hung with?
Directing Producer
Cianne
Dreamer

Post by Cianne »

1. Do you remember the year you started playing Underlight? ~~~ Via Mplayer, 1998(?) I believe
2. Approximately how many years have you played? ~~~ 1998 until the original version shut down. Then back 2015 for this version.
3. What was/is your main character name/s? ~~~ This one
4. Any alts? ~~~ Yes
5. What is your top 5 favorite characters in Underlight? (any version) ~~~ Taroneh Afsoon, Machiavelli, Yog-Ka, Gilean, Apothos, Fredegar, Flagg, Erasmus, Midhir, Coraal, Magnilia(11, and would be many many more, but will stop there.)
6. What was your favorite villain character in Underlight? ~~~ Asmodan Kytain
7. Name one player from the game that you became friends with ooc? ~~~ Never met anyone face to face, often talked on the phone with Magnilia
8. What version/versions of Underlight did/have you play? ~~~ Original and current.
9. Name your characters biggest rival. ~~~ Purple Lace and my Characters have an odd "on and off" love/want to stab relationship.
10. What was your most favorite story arc of all time? ~~~ Asmodan and KOES original version
11. Who was your UL bestie or player you hung with? Taroneh Afsoon / Wolfgar/Fredegar/Midhir (Original) - Kaihan/Arlyana Jax- (on return this version, with an obscure alt) Apothos (Recent)
~Practice patience and silent reflection in a moment of anger ~ It will save you infinite moments of regret~
Koi-Cricket
Directing Producer

Re: Underlight questionnaire

Post by Koi-Cricket »

Here are some that were done on our Facebook page.

Uthanatos
1. ‘98...ish?
2. 5 total, being completely active
3. Uthanatos has long since become my main.
4. Not anymore, trying to get into Uthy is an experience, I don’t have the emotional fortitude for more
5. Arnaya, Cianne, Bladeslayer, Sweething, Kudzoo
6. Dynroth
7. Physically, none. Digitally there have been a few.
8. Underlight, SoT, Clash
9. I’d have to say Purple Lace, she keeps him cautious.
10. Eldryck’s preparing dreamers for the return of Remulus. There were so many aspects and depending on POV it was easy to see him in completely different lights

Selika
1 – 1998
2 – Up until 3 years ago; too lazy to do the math
3 – Selika! Although I loved playing Cynthaia the GM (uhh I forgot how to spell her name)
4- Yes, although they will forever remain a secret
5- Way too many to name
6- I really can’t remember
7- I remember their real names! Joey and Gina, although there are a lot more
8 – However many versions there were between 1998 and 2017
9- I am feeling old right about now as I can’t remember! I loved a lot of them, but mostly the ones I was very involved in…they kept me creative

Flagg
EDIT: I FORGOT TO MENTION LA-RE. SHE'S MY BFF FOREVER AND EVER
1. Do you remember the year you started playing Underlight? 1998
2. Approximately how many years have you played? I've really only actively played for maybe 4 years total.
3. What was/is your main character name/s? Flagg
4. Any alts? A few
5. What is your top 5 favorite characters in Underlight? (any version) Invictus, kudzoo, Thumper, Nziri, and Raven Solseer
6. What was your favorite villain character in Underlight? Asmodan before people started writing shit into his character that he wouldn't do.
7. Name one player from the game that you became friends with ooc? Tooooooo fucking many, and not enough
8. What version/versions of Underlight did/have you play? MPlayer, Underlight99, and very briefly during all of the relaunch brouhaha
9. Name your characters biggest rival. I don't think he had one?
10. What was your most favorite story arc of all time? Yog-Ka murdering Sabra

Braelynn
1. Do you remember the year you started playing Underlight? I think 2000
2. Approximately how many years have you played? On and off up until 2018
3. What was/is your main character name/s? Braelynn & Ashton
4. Any alts? Kallandra
5. What is your top 5 favorite characters in Underlight? (any version) Synteny, Amaranthine, Willow, Vampyro, KillenMenjaro
6. What was your favorite villain character in Underlight? Too many to name
7. Name one player from the game that you became friends with ooc? A lot... a LOT, but the two that stand out the most are Synteny () and Tember
8. What version/versions of Underlight did/have you play? Started days after they wiped all the houses and made them inaccessible back in 2000, Shades of Truth and current version.
9. Name your characters biggest rival. Anyone who wore a night dress
10. What was your most favorite story arc of all time? The one that I enjoyed the most was me and Jared’s Willow and Amaranthine storyline from SOT. We had the most fun.

Kiva
1. Do you remember the year you started playing Underlight? '98
2. Approximately how many years have you played? Off and on 20+ years now
3. What was/is your main character name/s? Mia inderhart( spelling?)/ kiva
4. Any alts? Non
5. What is your top 5 favorite characters in Underlight? (any version) ManoWar, biggieZ, magenta, ... To many to pick from
6. What was your favorite villain character in Underlight? To many to name
7. Name one player from the game that you became friends with ooc? Haha way to many but Bladeslayer
8. What version/versions of Underlight did/have you play? All
9. Name your characters biggest rival. Loxx, Tember? Didn't have rivals really.
10. What was your most favorite story arc of all time? Umm to many?

Hrrum
1. Do you remember the year you started playing Underlight?
Prolly 98
2. Approximately how many years have you played? Whole Lyra, some SoT and Now
3. What was/is your main character name/s? Hrrum
4. Any alts?
Rianna Hiromi SoT
5. What is your top 5 favorite characters in Underlight? (any version) Nathan, Menson, Magnilia, Purple Lace, Folko
6. What was your favorite villain character in Underlight?
Machiavelli, Mi’raj
7. Name one player from the game that you became friends with ooc? Blana
8. What version/versions of Underlight did/have you play? All
9. Name your characters biggest rival. Selika
10. What was your most favorite story arc of all time? Dreamers of Night and Earth, 3 pretenders

Magenta
Do you remember the year you started playing Underlight? June 1998
2. Approximately how many years have you played? I was pretty active until the end of the Lyra run. I don't even know when that was anymore. 2006, maybe? I've tried a few times since then without long-term success.
3. What was/is your main character name/s? Magenta
4. Any alts? Liora
5. What is your top 5 favorite characters in Underlight? YoshiManG, Hiby, Lord Omni, Pheonix Redhawk, Biggie Z, Flushy, meow3, cyborg, poppygirl, Sweething, WishBringer, Tember, Celestial, and so many others it's ridiculous. That's more than 5 but oh well.
6. What was your favorite villain character in Underlight? Villains are in the eye of the beholder. Back in the early years, my favorite " villain" was House Calenture. The DoL and HC rivalry was legendary, imo. A lot of fun.
7. Name one player from the game that you became friends with ooc? So many. I named my cat after Biggie Z's controller, lol. (That cat is 17 yrs old now, btw.) To this day, Nix and I never miss texting each other on our respective birthdays. I still run to Flagg with literally anything Superman/Smallville related. And Tember and I have been on vacation together waaaay back when, lol - you'll always be my GinaBear.
8. What version/versions of Underlight did/have you play? I think I've attempted all at least once but only the Lyra version with any kind of regularity.
9. Name your characters biggest rival. Lotta people hated Magenta at one point or another.
10. What was your most favorite story arc of all time? While playing Liora, she, Fin Marda, and I think Intrigue worked hard to reopen AoE back in like 2004. I never had so much fun rp'ing in UL as I did then! Patricia Hector, hats off to you!

Ceyllynn
1. Do you remember the year you started playing Underlight? march of 98
2. Approximately how many years have you played? at least 10
3. What was/is your main character name/s? Ceyllynn darkwarrior
4. Any alts? connor maccleod, Jaral Draka and about a dozen others
5. What is your top 5 favorite characters in Underlight? (any version) Randar, and pretty much everyone i played with so many over the years
6. What was your favorite villain character in Underlight? Yog-ka, Tehthu various nightmares
7. Name one player from the game that you became friends with ooc? I married Cey's first victim, Randar(13 years ago come june), met several canuck ones but can't remember character names right now
8. What version/versions of Underlight did/have you play? mplauge/lyra SoT
9. Name your characters biggest rival. pretty much all dreamers
10. What was your most favorite story arc of all time? tehthu's since he started it all for me
Directing Producer
Elmer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Elmer

Post by Elmer »

1. Do you remember the year you started playing Underlight? - 2017

2. Approximately how many years have you played? - sporadically 2017 to present

3. What was/is your main character name/s? - Elmer

4. Any alts? - Jeb Willard Jr. and 1 more, not telling.

5. What is your top favorite characters in Underlight? (any version) - no particular order: Coraal, Jiovanni, Synteny, Apo, Erasmus, Golah, Lu, Nathan, Dreiko, Flower of Cienn, Lace, Blana, Emet, Cianne, Tamarisk, Sadara, Lady Silver, Magnum.

6. What was your favorite villain character in Underlight? - Harkyn

7. Name one player from the game that you became friends with ooc? - Coraal

8. What version/versions of Underlight did/have you play? - Present

9. Name your characters biggest rival. - Nathan

10. What was your most favorite story arc of all time? - Gamewide: Lowborn/Highborn Lightless Hollow, Personal: the time played in AoE, Cor/Elm wedding officiated by Erasmus , the unity tree , tending picco's eggs, and the dream gardens planted.

11. Who was your UL bestie or player you hung with? - Coraal
Whisperer>>elms<<Naturalist
-Greed breeds destruction-
-You'll only ever see what I choose to show you-
-Manners are free-
-The Music of Nature fills the cracks in the mind that words will never reach-
Alchemist
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Achemist

Post by Alchemist »

1. Do you remember the year you started playing Underlight? - Beta in 1998

2. Approximately how many years have you played? - Maybe 4 in total

3. What was/is your main character name/s? - Alchemist

4. Any alts? - Heh..

5. What is your top favorite characters in Underlight? (any version) - Wraith, Valourin, Cyborg512, Munchkin, Yog-Ka

6. What was your favorite villain character in Underlight? - Yog-Ka

7. Name one player from the game that you became friends with ooc? - Valourin - we met in another game by chance

8. What version/versions of Underlight did/have you play? - All of them

9. Name your characters biggest rival. - Can't remember the guys name, but DoL was at war with HC, and my character hated him so much, I soul evoked several times to collapse him

10. What was your most favorite story arc of all time? - The trial of Yog-Ka, and the mixed emotions of the bastard running from his sentance

11. Who was your UL bestie or player you hung with? - I hung with a few, always seemed to change
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

Post by -Lacie- »

Bored and stuck in the house? --- I'm guessing this is a "bonus" question, but I don't understand! There's.... something outside?!?!?!!?! :D

1. Do you remember the year you started playing Underlight? Barely.... fall of 1997
2. Approximately how many years have you played? 1997-2002/(DreamStruck) - 2015-pres., so 10 years?

Are these questions going to get more difficult? I may need a break in-between...

3. What was/is your main character name/s? Purple Lace
4. Any alts? Yes
5. What ARE your top 5 favorite characters in Underlight? (any version) Munchkin, Thunberg, Intrigue, Lu Chaos, Harkyn. (This isn't fair, I have more... like 8, so....)
6. What was your favorite villain character in Underlight? I dreamt like twice, so I get 2, Asmodan & Zaxun.
7. Name one player from the game that you became friends with ooc? LordMagmus
8. What version/versions of Underlight did/have you play? Original & Blended flavors (not SoT).
9. Name your characters biggest rival. Asmodan and Iden (same story arc.... 2 bad guys....)
10. What was your most favorite story arc of all time? The Collectors Three (see my website for details), or the story arc with Asmodan and the first opening of KoES. Close second was the Vanguard/Templar arc, very nicely done.
11. Who was your UL bestie or player you hung with? Intrigue.
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."