Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Gone for a good while

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Pickman
Dreamer

Gone for a good while

Post by Pickman »

Hey dudes, you'll notice Sala starting to show up less and less over the coming weeks, and disappearing entirely for the month of November.

I'm taking part in National Novel Writing Month and have decided to do so seriously this year. Last year I put out 30k words and I wasn't satisfied with my incomplete work. This year I'm aiming for 50k+ and I want a cohesive, engaging story. With my work and social schedule, that means I have to make sacrifices in how I spend my free time. UL is unfortunately at the end of the list, so until I either A) finish my book or B) give up, you won't be seeing Salad Eraser in the city.

PREPARE YOURSELVES ACCORDINGLY FOR MY TRIUMPHANT RETURN.

Also, once I finish I'll share a link so anyone who'd like to can read it. Unless it's super awesome. Then you can buy it for 1.99 on Amazon. :D
Dina

Re: Gone for a good while

Post by Dina »

Good luck with all of this, but mostly...have fun!
Zed Lagoon
Dreamer

Post by Zed Lagoon »

Good luck Salad Eraser man, I'm rootin for you bro!
Shae
Dreamer

Post by Shae »

You're such a creative writer. I cannot WAIT to read your epic words. Enjoy!!!! Send us an update once in a while. We'll help cheer ya on. ;)
Where are all the GateKeepers?!
Pickman
Dreamer

Post by Pickman »

Oh, for sure :). You can keep an eye on my progress and yell at me if I'm slacking here:
http://nanowrimo.org/participants/pickm ... r-redeemed
Koi-Drama
Founder

Post by Koi-Drama »

Best of luck in your endeavors! We're cheering for you!
“I try to bring the audience's own drama, tears and laughter they know about, to them.”
Starfall
Dreamer

Post by Starfall »

I'm throwing my halo in the ring on this too, this year. I'm needing a break from my current novel and NaNo is as good an excuse as any.

Right now I'm between a YA scifi romp about an alien invasion, or the self-indulgent fun of a YA about attending a school for bad girl witches.
_-*
I want to have adventures and take enormous risks and be everything they say we are.
-Dorothy Allison
Pickman
Dreamer

Post by Pickman »

Sweet! Follow that link I posted and add me as a writing buddy. We can crack the whip on each other!
Pickman
Dreamer

Post by Pickman »

I failed miserably at NaNoWriMo. Hit the wall around 15k words and just couldn't pick it back up.

Now I've also somehow managed to kill the only PC I own that's old enough to run UL. Ironic that I don't have a computer shitty enough to run a game I like. Heh.
Starfall
Dreamer

Post by Starfall »

Argyle & Blood collapsed around 15k also, but mostly due to grad school applications being in full swing. In fact, I spent today going back and retooling the opening to make the plot clearer because this one has way more traction than I thought it would. :D I'll be working on it for a while.
_-*
I want to have adventures and take enormous risks and be everything they say we are.
-Dorothy Allison
Zykium
Dreamer

Post by Zykium »

You should read my #1 Best Seller on the Ukrainian Times Best Seller list 'Smalls, Medium at Large'.

It follows the story of Archibald "Smalls" Winton, a psychic with dwarfism who is framed for the murder of his family. With the help of his cellmate OJ Simpson he escapes prison and searches for the real murderer.