Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Prolonged Absence, The Future of OpenUL

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Tary
Dreamer

Prolonged Absence, The Future of OpenUL

Post by Tary »

Hey fam (to quote Ra'as):

Due to a shift in my role at my place of gainful employ, my time will becoming exceedingly limited. Without getting in to too many details, I simply don't know how much time I'll be able to contribute to running the OpenUnderlight project anymore. I would like to think that I'll still be able to contribute here and there, but the sad likelihood is that it may be months between any meaningful contributions I can make. From a day to day perspective this shouldn't change how Koi runs their shop. They have their own fork of the code, and will continue to develop it. I will try to be available periodically to help solve issues but I doubt I'll have more than an hour or two a week -- if that -- to really give. Currently, the OpenUnderlight project has two contributors that can make changes in addition to myself. I would like to find someone to transfer ownership of the GitHub repository to. Similarly, I would like to find someone to transfer ownership of the Discord server to. I simply won't have the time to tend to these things with my new role(s) at work.

I will likely be highly unavailable to chat in a reasonably real-time way. If you want to get in touch with me, message me here on the forums and I'll try to reply here or find you in Discord when I'm able.

I will also similarly be unavailable in game -- not that I've ever been highly available, and nobody depends on Tary so I don't think that'll be a major loss, but if anyone has been jonesing for interaction with him I apologize in advance for leaving you hanging. It could be a very long time between logins.

I'm not sure how long this new schedule will be effective for, but it will be status quo for a while at least. Again, please accept my apologies, anyone who's been waiting on contributions to OpenUL or waiting on me in Discord, et cetera. This change came as something of a surprise. I'm hoping it leads to bigger and better things but for now it just means a lot more work and a lot less free time. Please message me on the forums if you're interested in picking up the mantle.

Michael (Tary)
Tary
Dreamer

Re: Prolonged Absence, The Future of OpenUL

Post by Tary »

PS: I'm still gonna win the running challenge.
Raas
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Ra'as

Post by Raas »

Congrats on your new role, and don't be a stranger! I have some idea of your contributions over the years, and tbh the community owes you a debt of gratitude that it can't ever actually repay. Thank you for your service, joo. xo
~Ra'as
Tentacle
Dreamer

Post by Tentacle »

I'm excited for you. Truly appreciate all you have contributed over the years both in and out of character.

Stay sassy, be naughty, smooches™

(See Ra'as? Smooches™ is MINE)
"She spins her golden web between us and the dream." - The Matron ☼, Soulkeeper
Black Cloud
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Cloud

Post by Black Cloud »

Congrats!! Wishing you all the best on your new venture.
Dakkoth
Keepers of the Eternal Shadow

Post by Dakkoth »

Michael (Tary)!

We are all undoubtedly thankful for all your efforts over the many years. I wish you luck on your endeavor and hope that it turns into a promotion. Remember to have fun amidst all your new responsibilities and make time for yourself. See you when you get back (whenever that is).

Take care old friend,

Mike
~Dakkoth