Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Newcomers Galore!!!

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

Newcomers Galore!!!

Post by -Lacie- »

It's an invasion!!! RUN!!!! Oh wait, that's for another post! (Just kidding!!!!!)

I wanted to put up a post that all Newcomers might see when they do get time to sign up on the forums!

First off... a HUGE WELCOME to you all! We're sooooooo glad you're here and we've all worked very hard to get to this point, so THANK YOU for being here!

Secondly, we're SOOOOO glad you've found our little community! You are testing all our limits, skills, knowledge, imaginations, & three other things I can't remember right now! That's something we TRULY love! So thanks for that too!

Thirdly, thank you for being so patient with us and for having sooooo much energy and fascination and curiosity about EVERY aspect of our City. It just makes us all thrilled to see your enthusiasm and energy!

Fourthly, we have a Kudoo's post to recognize people who help, or do something cool, or roleplay well, etc. But I wanted you Newcomers to be able to see this when you get to the Forums (ingame name for the forums is the Archives of the Awakened, or just Archives, fyi)! You deserve it! Kudoo's to you all!!!

Lastly, but most importantly, we are so very glad you all have chosen to visit the City of Dreams. If you just visited once, thank you muchly and please come back for another visit! If you've been playing and your desk/area has a bunch of chip bags, pizza boxes & Mountain Dew cans.... clean it up! Oh no, wait... we're VERY happy you've gotten addicted to Underlight like we have!

I know you all have many questions and that's understandable. Please remember that half of Underlight (UL) is the journey, the learning, the mystery, so don't expect everything to be laid out nice and neatly. We love it messy, sloppy, all tangled up, and we love to blow stuff up regularly! Failure always teaches more than success!

If you love Underlight, please link us to your social media, tell your friends! We also have a line of Underlight Gear for sale !!!

What's next? Glad you asked! As you lose the title of "Newcomer" and become adjusted to things, be on the lookout for roleplays! Currently 99.5% of the roleplays going on now are open to ALL dreamers. That means you can join in and be 'for' or 'against' whatever the play is about.

Step One: Watch the Notices & Edicts section of the Forums (Archives) for postings of people getting together for some meeting, project or event.
Step Two: Listen. Try to discern what's going on.
Step Three: Ask questions. This is sometimes best done in whisper "Can you tell me what this gathering is about, please?" or an emote about your character's confusion or curiosity, will be the best way.
Step Four Add water, stir your own character's persona into the mix, and stir vigorously!

To close, just remember, Underlight has only three (3) laws.

1. Respect the software. (means no hacking, please)
2. Respect eachother. (means we can disagree, but let's rp it well. WE are NOT our characters)
3. Stay in Character. (means no discussions of the "real" world inside the game, please.)

Other than that, Underlight is ONLY limited by YOUR imaginations! Let your spirits soar, your imaginations run rampant, and your dreams all come true!

Happy Holidays to you all!

~Lacie~
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."