Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Thoughts and observations

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Princess
Dreamer
Character Name(s): ZsaZsa~ tiny princess

Thoughts and observations

Post by Princess »

I am excited to hear all the good news and hard work, Brian and the team has been working very hard to launch Steam. It promises to recruit fresh talent, blood and exciting role plays... and reuniting old players. With that being said, I have been observing things over the past 6 weeks, I came to the conclusion some disturbing things that might thwart their efforts. It saddened me, It came after 8 weeks of committing to support the game again and have fun. I wont go into what happened. I am just asking the players to cut returning players slack, to welcome new players with open arms... stop acting like elitist. Stop the bias, start fresh. I knows its been frustrating, the growing pains. The team has been fighting to bring a breath of fresh air into this environment. The feedback so far has been " Sometimes we don't feel supported", or "I don't feel so and so is supporting me(they are placing unreal expectations on your character). This is not directed at any one player, its an overall sense I been getting from quite a few players from different sectors in the city( houses). At this point I am feeling I just wasted 2 months of my time planning, implementing and engaging on establishing new relationships presenting the character in progress of growing, slowly discarding older characteristics to bring a new depth to my character. Low and behold, things haven't changed. I feel I made a drastic mistake shifting into this new way the character interacts with the environment. I had certain expectations if I supported a certain sector what I wanted. Certain dreamers demand the old, yet reject it in the same manner. Its got a controller confused. I feel and this is my own feelings. that certain players are not ready for this launch with Steam. A player is going to shift or grow on their own beliefs, and expectations. Not on your time table. This is not a bash post, its a wake up call. A few players know I got a serious wake up call yesterday. I will not go into it. But I was hoping my investment would help me pass the time, while I was overcoming its challenge. I do not feel that way anymore. Please, try and be patient with the team. I know you all are tired, working endlessly....if we pull together, we can see hundreds of new players, if we remain of the current mindset, we wont see anything but frustrated people complaining about empty promises not fulfilled.
You see a pressed seal of wax is etched displaying in the center an empty Sigil. The etching is shaped in the manner of a coat of arms. The top right sector, a teacup, the top left, a dolly.
Zsa Zsa,tiny princess of the City of Dreams
Koi-Cricket
Directing Producer

Re: Thoughts and observations

Post by Koi-Cricket »

First I would like to say that we are happy to have you back. And thank you for your efforts in jumping right in. You are needed and wanted just as much as any other player and I am truly sorry if you have not felt that.

We have a fresh new team that has a strong passion to see Underlight succeed, and we cannot do that without you all. Over the last month I have seen more players in game than I have seen since my very first day back, and it is exciting.

If you would like to speak to me directly with the concerns you have faced since your return, please do not hesitate to reach out to me in discord.
Directing Producer
Dakkoth
Keepers of the Eternal Shadow

Re: Thoughts and observations

Post by Dakkoth »

I will chime in but not long winded. KOI team is doing an excellent job all things considered. People have to understand that when hundreds more players start playing again, GMs will be spread even more thin. Like in the old days, when a GM interaction would occur, it felt like a truly special event to me. One to take particular note of. Yet that is not to discredit the million other amazing role plays that took place on a daily basis by everyone. It was all so truly amazing and still is.

Princess, your toon that I’m familiar with is fun to play with. With so few in the dream online, one cannot seemingly cough in threshold without someone asking if you are ok. I’m not aware of what happened but I’m glad to be back and glad to see you and so many others again. Keep playing.

As a message to anyone reading this and to nobody in particular, don’t take what happens to your character personally. Easier said then done and all here knows I’ve been guilty of it. But I’ve swallowed my own medicine and I feel better.

Ok...too long and I’m rambling. Good night all! See you in game soon

Mike
~Dakkoth