Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Why don't you play?

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
PKChrisChan
Keepers of the Eternal Shadow
Character Name(s): Nathan

Re: Why don't you play?

Post by PKChrisChan »

Techgeist wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:20 pm Member of the group of players who spend the majority of their time crapping in the apple pie asking why no one wants to eat a slice.
Old post!

Clearly not everyone shares the same opinion as you. If you spent as much time roleplaying as you did complaining IC/OOC you'd prolly be 7th sphere by now.
jimhabegger
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Farlong

Post by jimhabegger »

PKChrisChan wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:45 pm Thank you everyone it's good to know that you all are still around and care enough to post. I hope that Koi takes these in for some perspective so we can move forward with the game! There is so much passion behind all of these words.

Thanks
Thanks for starting this discussion. I see that I'm not alone in some of my reasons for not playing:
Voxaroth wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:25 am I can't play during prime time, and very little happens outside of that window (and what does happen isn't what makes UL fun).
Erasmus wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:29 pm Whenever I do see others, it's usually the same one or two others. Never anyone else. I don't want to just sit there and wait for who knows how long just to never see anyone. It's a waste of time. For my character especially, because of the way I roleplay him (and yes, I get it, it's my choice) there is no mechanic in place for him to advance because he doesn't hunt.
Shae wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:12 pm ... a lot of SoT people do not play, and that truly makes me feel bad. I miss all my old friends in/out of game. I do not like political agendas and fighting ...
(edited to add the following)
I accidentally hit the "Submit" button before I was finished. I'll continue in another post.
"What the world needs now is love, sweet love.
It's the only thing that there's just too little of.
What the world needs now is love, sweet love,
No not just for some but for everyone."

- Hal David, Jackie DeShannon, Burt Bacharach
jimhabegger
Dreamer

Post by jimhabegger »

Lacie, I know this was for Shae, but I appreciate you posting it.
-Lacie- wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:20 pm ... the Bastion has been doing quite a bit of planesmithing, so has the Kabal and the PA, as well as the Order, and Calenture has been working very hard on EverNight lately! The storyline may be a bit lacking still, but they're working on that, and what the players are doing have more to do with building and less to do with politics, as of late.... and now you're all caught up! :D

I truly get the left-behind, out of the loop feeling, but there's not that much to catch up on.

Just trying to reassure and help you feel that you would fit in. I truly LOVE interacting with that lil shit, Shae!

jimhabegger
Dreamer

Post by jimhabegger »

Continuing some reasons that I have in common with others for not playing:
TWKakaTaylor wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:28 am It is the memories and Nostalgia that keeps me around though. Sometime I just hope to run into old friends that find there way back. The greatest part of Underlight was the relationships and friends you ended up building by just playing the game. I often wonder how some of the people I became friends with back than are doing now.
Leolus wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:22 am Rose colored glasses cause a return every once in a while for me. Then I end up off grid for a few months due to IRL commitments and by the time I return it's time to start over and hope I can pick up any pieces progress. Usually the pieces are just that and the process repeats. After a certain point the returns come down to just social interactions in a bare bones player base game.
I'm going to start a new thread to discuss this from a different angle: asking people what might possibly bring them into the game.

Koi-Cricket
Directing Producer

Post by Koi-Cricket »

Hello jumhedbedder! Hopefully you have decided to return to Underlight. Many of the reasons posted in this thread are no longer rellevant. Since even before the launch of steam, we have had an influx of returning players as well as a lot of new players. Prime time may always be prime time, but now there are many around all hours of the day and night.

As for your concern of the SoT players. There here, they may just choose to play their Lyra character more.

You are more than welcome to join us in discord and chat with old friends.
Directing Producer