Kudos Thread

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Pheasant
House of Calenture

Re: Kudos Thread

Postby Pheasant » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:18 am

Holy hell this is a blast! Kudos to seriously EVERYONE! Especially Arnaya. That bish be cray, yo. Like, seriously cray-cray. Lol I can't wait to see where this goes.
DONE
Uthanatos
House of Calenture
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Postby Uthanatos » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:57 am

JESUS TITTY F*** Alright, I wanna say holy crap....that was amazeballs, granted it was super frustrating for a while....and we will all lament the loss of Uthy's artifact Soulreaper...it really got even better once the fighting stopped, Thank you GMs for that one, special kudos to Turvy and Arnaya, because....damn. Hael, Ras, Entropy....seriously, if you woke after the fighting, you missed the best of it.

Ü
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Koi-Wish
Dreamer

Postby Koi-Wish » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:34 am

Thanks to everyone that participated in that spur of the moment chaos that happened last night.

Just a side note on a couple of things. The 9th sphere God, was definitely supposed to appear that way due to proximity of the Mace - that was supposed to be apparent, we failed on portraying it very well I suppose.
Additionally, no one knew what was going to happen. None of the GMs involved or any of the players... it dynamically evolved. The only thing that was intentional was Eldryck protecting the Mace, being all-powerful in its presence in order to protect it. Everything else.... spontaneous reaction, including those whom walked away with Strike.

In reviewing the logs, and rereading how things played out; I gotta say the most omg, moments were between Hael and Eldryck. Epecially this little interaction:

Hael Frost jumps into the water and starts slaming her fists into Eldryck's back. "You wanted to talk! I'm here! Lets talk!"
Eldryck responds, "Now now sugar, there is plenty of me to go around. No need to rush things."
Hael Frost sobs loudly. "You let her go and I will do what you want..!"
Eldryck says, "Honey, you will do what I want regardless."
Eldryck continues, "I told you that once, I think its sinking in though."
Eldryck Venym leans back, twirling his club
Eldryck Venym grins and says, "Your starting to like me aren't ya?"
Hael Frost tries to catch her breath through her sobs. "Please... Let her go..."
Eldryck leans forward and says, "Ooh and now your begging. That's hot, now your toying with my emotions."
Eldryck grins and continues, "Remember all the scowling and twitching and stuff earlier?"
Eldryck Venym leans back and winks, "How ya like me now?"
Hael Frost looks up at Eldryck. "Please, just let her go."
Eldryck responds with, "Funny, how a few swings from a club, and a whole lot of damn floating has inspired folks."
Eldryck Venym lifts his club
Hael Frost winces and starts to sob again. "What will it take?!"
Eldryck cackles a small laugh, "Oh, honey, it will take all of you."
Eldryck Venym lifts the club and uses it to wipe away a tear
Eldryck feigns sympathy, "Poor thing, all shook up."
Eldryck Venym leans back and looks at Turvy
Eldryck says, "She's such a softy."
Eldryck looks back at Hael, "Kiss the club, Hael. I asked you earlier. You wouldn't."
Eldryck buries his eyes on hers, "Do it now."
Hael Frost flinches. "I already told you we can talk alone now... You just have to let her go. That's all I'm asking. Whatever it takes..."
Eldryck Venym lifts the club gently to her face
Eldryck sneers, "Go on girl, tell it what it means to you."
Hael Frost's brows furrow as she inhales sharply, swalling her pride, and kisses the club.

Intense moment. Great RPing. Was like watching a movie.

Kudos to everyone truly.
Pheasant
House of Calenture

Postby Pheasant » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:37 pm

Just, thank you for continuing to scare the piss out of Hael. This is honestly the most fun I've had in a while. I love me a good thriller. :D
DONE
Arnaya
WordSmith
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Postby Arnaya » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:38 pm

Now that I've woken up and can actually think again.. Lol. Specific Kudo's go out to:
- Turvy: Jumping in despite being ridiculously out-powered, and fantastic work on portraying her post-mace.
- Hael Frost: Absolutely heart-wrenching portrayal and play, like Wish said... it was like watching a movie.
- Uthanatos: For all of the roleplaying in general, but specifically the wrenching play and sacrifice depictions. Holy S*#t.
- Rasputin: For jumping in without hesitation, and strong consistency delivered with outstanding roleplay :)
- Entropy: Just excellent roleplaying in general. On Arnaya's behalf, let me just say... "Sorry" :P
- The GM's involved: Balancing a massive overkill badguy in open combat, with Roleplay, and a group of people each working in different ways (At one point, I think there was 6 people actively RPing with the mace and 3 in open combat with the big bad).... I'm amazed at how you guys pulled it off. Seriously fantastic work on it all.
- Lu Chaos: I don't usually give you kudo's, mainly because I don't really like rewarding people for playing arrogant dick types of characters (Nearly everyone I've RP'd with that does this takes it too far, and nearly always kills enjoyment in whatever game was being played)... but the later parts of last night in particular were fun. Lu going white as a sheet when he realized what the group was up against was perfect.
- Coraal: For jumping in and getting involved in mid-scene. As always, outstanding roleplaying in general :)
- Anyone else that I missed in the chaos: Thank you everyone for getting involved. Each person added another perspective, and more depth to the story being laid out. Fantastic work everyone :)

Note: I know this type of Roleplay isn't for everyone. Especially given that Arnaya and Turvy are basically bat-sh*t Psychotic Evil right now... with all that entails. I won't be running Arnaya a lot until this is wrapped up, just because I know this type of RP can easily overwhelm and get tedious (Seriously, there's only so many ways someone can threaten, menace, try to break, and/or try to kill people before it gets kinda tedious). On that note as well, if anyone has real issues with this type of RP... Please PM me and let me know, and I'll try to avoid having Arnaya being around them, as much as is practical anyway (I've already put LadySilver on this list, out of consideration for her controllers known dislike of the Dreamstrike art and distaste for this sort of Roleplay. If you'd like to be included in the RP, please let me know.. otherwise Arnaya will generally avoid Sil in favor of "More entertaining targets" to her IC "Evil" perspective). Note that attacking Arnaya, or hunting her will basically result in her trying to take out your character even if you've asked to be excluded from the general RP. I'll still seriously restrict the "Evil maniacal haunting" stuff, but by engaging her... your basically agreeing to put your character at risk. Just heads up to everyone. Likewise, seeking her out to insult/harass/etc her, means that she'll be retaliating... even if you've sent me a PM to generally excluded from the RP. I won't continue to seek out/haunt people after that instance, but during the instance when your characters are having a go at her... your characters are fair game.

And just as a note... Yes. Arnaya WILL try to dreamstrike people if they leave themselves vulnerable. I'm playing it as if she's basically hyper A.D.D. and keeps forgetting that she has Abjure or most of her other arts in order to avoid wiping people out (Will try to balance fighting ability and skill with opponents)... but if your characters leave themselves vulnerable to her when she's around, she will make the attempt. I'm also deliberately not stocking her pack massively, because I do know that she can fairly easily overwhelm a lot of other players out there... so even lower sphere players do have a reasonable chance of defending themselves against her if she comes after them. Just, take precautions unless you want your character Dreamstruck (Given that the RP is centered around the mace, I suspect that the GM's will be again allowing full recovery of any struck characters, as per in game lore on the weapon and its abilities).

~Jan, the insanity behind Arnaya
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Pheasant
House of Calenture

Postby Pheasant » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:59 am

Day two of some pretty awesome stuff! (Even if I was lost for most of it... Lol)
DONE
Uthanatos
House of Calenture
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Postby Uthanatos » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:12 am

I wanna put out some stuff here, Dimitri, Shae, and Snow...amazing reactions from all three of you to Uthy's breakdown.
To those in Dorsal...well jeez guys, thanks for putting in the run and all the RP effort while dealing with a horron running around lol.
Hael mothafuckin Frost....holy string of expletives that would make Robert De Niro blush. All day...all night, absolutely blown away.
The evil league of evil...not spouting names since not everyone knows everything...good work and good try.
Arnaya damn I actually got misty eyed.

I had to add an edit, because I realized I needed to mention this in particular, Lu Chaos - If it hadn't been for that comment and the subsequent firefight, Uthy probably would have walked over to the mace.
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Lu Chaos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Lu Chaos

Postby Lu Chaos » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:24 am

First off lol Kudos to Arnaya

Youre playing the hell out of a psychotic mofo and that body grind you did to Lu Chaos will go down in his history book forever lmao

Uthanatos for going through a mental breakdown that I could see with my own eyes and then being strong enough to not give in. Good stuff bro.

Hael, gonna be honest your rp skills are shining in this situation. I once thought you as a spectator character but I can see that I was wrong your rp skills are top tier.

Coraal for doing whatever you can and spending all of those PTs protecting dreamers from being killed.. Youre an asset my man.

Turvy for turning into a bad ass lmao

And everyone else involved with this RP and has contributed thanks for the fun time guys.
Pheasant
House of Calenture

Postby Pheasant » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:39 am

It's because I play Hael as a quiet introvert that she was quite a turn off to several, and it was really a struggle for me because I didn't want to break character just to play with others. I'm really so greatful for this current story because it's given me the chance to get Hael out there without breaking character. This is possibly the most fun I've had in UL, and I played for a while in SoT. Nothing has ever happened to my characters that was as intense and thrilling as this. That's kind of a long ass time to wait for something awesome to happen, but damn did it pay off. Lol Thank you to the GMs and everyone who has gotten so involved with this. You're all so super seriously awesome and I can't wait to see what happens next with you all. :D

-- Eldryck hacks the post --
>Eldryck Venym twirls his club around, leans back and says, "Well hot damn girl, you really do like me."
>Eldryck Venym says, "I just knew you would!"
>Eldryck Venym grins flaring his white teeth, "I told you girl, I did tell you."

-- And yes, he is channeling Negan, I love that guy.

^Creep. Lol I didn't put that there. That got me for a second. Dimitri's controller and I ultimately came to that conclusion last night after I let him read some of my logs. Bravo~
DONE
Turvy
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Turvy

Postby Turvy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:19 pm

“And yes, he is channeling Negan, I love that guy.”

Haha, I knew it! I was waiting for him to say “do you have your shi**ing pants on?!”
Entropy
Dreamer
Character Name(s): entropy

Postby Entropy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:15 pm

Um yeah.. the Negan thing is way obvious. I'm enjoying the rp greatly so far.
Golah
Alliance of the Eclipse

Postby Golah » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:23 pm

Its, very interesting. I think there are ten ways it can go, and I enjoy watching everyone take the violent once first. Arny grinding lu, and then grinding on The Protector- Historical win of the internet
Coraal
Alliance of the Eclipse
Character Name(s): Coraal

Postby Coraal » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:24 am

Going to throw in my bit here, now.

I want to say that I am having a great amount of fun with everyone involved with these recent role plays!

Golah - man, these conversations we have and the in-game action we are creating together is blowing my mind. Thanks in no small part to you and your insane creativity!

Eldryck Venym - you, sir, are a boss and I love your hyper masculine, abrasive personality.

Arnaya - epic. Just epic. Watching you play your character as this twisted and insane person has been both riveting and hair raising at the same time! You are doing an amazing job and I can't wait to see more!

Turvy - you evil, evil woman! I love it! Even knowing that you were likely going to do something terrible; your "Hi lets be friends" approach was awesome! And the way you flipped so quickly was very well played. Congrats.

Nathan - man, you know I have mad respect for your rp skills but you are taking it to another level entirely right now. Don't stop!

Entropy - whoever you are, I have to give you total kudo's for your ability to get under my skin, lol. Your quips in Sanctuary had me grinding my teeth even as poor Coraal was maintaining his composure. Hat's off to you!

Uthy - I haven't engaged with you too much yet, but I expect it to be a great opportunity when it happens.

Finally...

Hael Frost...just wow. You have played a rather quiet, and somewhat shy character around me for some time so I am excitedly surprised to be able to witness part of your role in this enfolding story arc! I mean, honestly, you have the tormented, abused, mentally exhausted thing down pat. It's kind of frightening, honestly, how well you are conveying this in character. I can only hope that all that wedding stress is being channeled into this performance because you are blowing me away! I really am of two minds about this. Part of me is loving being able to see your engagements and interactions while an equal part of me is mortified. So that's a great thing! You have me convinced and hooked. I most definitely want to see more and can't wait to see how this story moves as we press forward.

GM Team - As always, you are outdoing yourselves with the efforts you are putting into these recent roleplay arcs. The Lowborn, Eldryck Venym...I am in complete awe with out engaging and involved these are becoming. Thank you so much for keeping the game a total roller coaster of emotions for me. There is nowhere else I would rather be than right here, right now.
No one saves us but ourselves.
No one can and no one may.
We ourselves must walk the path.
Buddha
Pheasant
House of Calenture

Postby Pheasant » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:06 am

My, goodness...

Uthanatos, Your horror-filled emotes give me the heeby-jeebies every time. I hate you, man. Love/hate you for all that. It's wonderful. And they get worse every time.

Whenever a large group shows up to these things, it's just amazing. It's amazing seeing all these dreamers come together to try and fix everything that's going horribly, horribly wrong right now. Everyone involved in this story is just phenomenal! There's so many to list at this point that I'm even amazed how how big it's become to have such a list of names. We really need more of this.

-Chel
DONE
Lu Chaos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Lu Chaos

Postby Lu Chaos » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:54 am

Another night another freakin' adventure. This is starting to feel like episodes of that one series that you cant stop watching.. Kudos to everyone involved. Special Kudos to Prat Asti, you completely saved the day. Srsly good stuff Koi Team
Tember
Bastion of Redemption

Postby Tember » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:59 am

These are the kind of nights I don’t mind missing sleep over lol.

Thanks Koi, it’s been awesome.
Pheasant
House of Calenture

Postby Pheasant » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:46 am

I really like Prat Asti
DONE
Shaylene
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Shaylene

Postby Shaylene » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:03 pm

I had a lot of fun for my second dream, so, here's to Purple Lace, who's not afraid to be who she is. To Tember and Hael Frost, who managed to remember why everyone was at that meeting to start with once the arguing started. To Jeff the floating green eye and to the guy in the wall. Also, Eldryck for the win, not being phased by wit but returning it in kind.
Pheasant
House of Calenture

Postby Pheasant » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:26 am

Thank you, Eldryck, for the wonderful "gift" for Hael... Damn. Just what I needed as I'm sipping my coffee. Kudos to you. That thing was awesome.
DONE
Koi-Wish
Dreamer

Postby Koi-Wish » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:08 am

I have thoroughtly enjoyed RPing with you Hael. I have been absolutely impressed. Everyone who has partaken, but especially you because it was surprising. Didn't know you had it in you, but you are definitely playing a game that you are wonderful at.

I know it has to end some time, but I kinda like being this bad guy.

And yes, for those who didn't guess already - I drive Eldryck.
Golah
Alliance of the Eclipse

Postby Golah » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:24 am

At least you picked the right focus for once =P
Pheasant
House of Calenture

Postby Pheasant » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:53 pm

It's the quiet ones that are always the most surprising. ;)

I've thoroughly enjoyed Hael's interactions with Eldryck. That guy can be some serious nightmare fuel. And boy, do I love some nightmare fuel.

-Chel
DONE
Shae
Dreamer

Postby Shae » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:43 pm

I haven't written in a while, but wow.. kudos to SO many! In recent times- Arnaya, Uthanatos and Hael are the stand-outs, but I'm having lots of fun with Vamp, Dimitri, Frey, Jade, Snow Angel, ETHAN, Magnum, the lowborn creepy rock eating guy (merp?), the other lowborn prankster that does things from within the walls- Idjut? Coraal, Lace, Lu, Ladysilver, Nathan, and Ironies. I know I'm missing some, but really it's all about that trio that caused me to log in and give them shout-outs. Thanks for bringing back emotion to the game! I love RPs that don't just make you think, but make you FEEL. Those are the best! Party on, party people! xoxo
Where are all the GateKeepers?!
Arnaya
WordSmith
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Postby Arnaya » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:46 pm

I have to give another shout out to everyone that's involved with all of this. Everyone is doing an outstanding job with their roleplays and going well above the normal roleplay levels, but again... two stand out.
- Eldryck Venym... you are seriously a Twisted bastard :P
- Hael Frost: Again, you keep blowing me away with your roleplaying through all of this. Absolutely outstanding :)
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Pheasant
House of Calenture

Postby Pheasant » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:00 pm

I feel like I post in here too much and it's becoming obnoxious, but I couldn't agree more with you, Arnaya. That Eldryck gets more and more twisted with each interaction and it's really a lot of fun. And the messed up heads being impaled to the floors every other place is just wow. I love reading the descriptions on those. Gives me the creeps real good. I've been anxious every day to see what will happen next.
Hael and Arnaya working together to distract him today was also a blast. Those two don't fully know what they're getting themselves into. I also enjoy reading your emotes. Awesome work. ;)
Oh! I also wanted to add a special kudos to Uthanatos. We sometimes talk on Discord and he's put a lot of crazy effort into "SpiritUthanatos's" time in the dream. We're talking math and charts and stuff. I love the dedication.
-Chel
DONE

Return to “Player Chat”