Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Kudos Thread

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Dakkoth
Keepers of the Eternal Shadow

Re: Kudos Thread

Post by Dakkoth »

I concur. Harkyn definitely did not go down without a fight. Make no mistake about it, on the battlefield he is 3 dreamers in one. A raid boss at that. Testament to the player himself on any character he has driven. I commend him for his superb ability. I have spoken all this to him personally a while back but I think it’s good to bring up here in public forum to squash any misunderstandings on my (Mike’s) position and not my character’s (Dakkoth’s) position.

The RP was great. I know others may think it seemed rushed. But there was everything an RP could ask for in it. Mostly in front of the Alliance and then in front of DoL before the battle within the Palisade. Big kudos to everyone who participated and roleplayed accordingly to their character.

Mike
~Dakkoth
Bort
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Bort

Post by Bort »

Kudos to the GM team.

The most shocking situations happen at the spur of the moment and happen spontaneously... or do they?

Lesnar vs Taker Wrestlemania... is what I like to compare this situation to.
Koi-Cricket
Directing Producer

Post by Koi-Cricket »

Thank you to some of our amazing Dev/Level editors, open source people, and folks behind the scenes. You have given us amazing patches time and time again.

Jorykyn
Sidas
Tony
Koi-Citadel
Koi-donut
Taryag
Directing Producer
Zilly
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Zilly

Post by Zilly »

Riasa, Cloud, Sirus Nesto, Pure Rage, Mengyao,Trisha Pawm, Frey, Liolira, Em'et, Coraal, Mzchievs, FinMarda, Shae
Zill
Shae
Dreamer

Post by Shae »

I took a break for a pretty long time. I stopped playing for various reasons, but one of those reasons was because I didn't feel like part of a family in UL anymore. I came back, like many of us did, with little expectations, and no desire to really want to be here,but I stuck it out for two nights. Guess what.. I'm addicted, again. Even the dreamers I didn't know before have taken me in. I feel like I'm part of a family, again.

Thanks to everyone I've met.. so many new people!!!! Of course, my 'old crew'.. Krodoc, Cuero, Dina, Jade, Lio, Bortami, Flower, Nmoto, Silver and Ra'as (trisha and Lace, also!). My 'new crew'... Pure Rage, Mandus, Sirus Nesto, Sadara, Zilly, .. man.. I can't think of everybody's name!! I think I spelled some wrong, too. I'm sorry!! Just know that the Shae has so much love for everyone. Maybe Shae doesn't like you because you are a villain, but her troller sure does! Haha.. thanks for making me feel warm and gooey on the inside, you guys. xoxo
Where are all the GateKeepers?!
Tentacle
Dreamer

Post by Tentacle »

Thank you to everyone still playing. Even if we're not friends OOC or IC, it takes all kinds.

Thank you to the characters embracing Magnilia. I try really hard to create a character who feels alive and full of depth. When characters she encounters match that energy and let their imaginations run wild, it's amazing. Sometimes it can be hard to just let loose when we as controllers know what level edits, arts, and all sorts of restrictions there actually are. I truly appreciate all of you allowing me to explore my creative side.

Really really, thank you - thank you!

"She spins her golden web between us and the dream." - The Matron ☼, Soulkeeper
Elmer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Elmer

Post by Elmer »

Been a whole lot of awesome going on lately. In no particular order.

Coraal (ok i lied, bias.) Apothos, Tamarisk, Mengyao, Amara, Cianne, Hannababy, Bortami, Nathan, Trisha, Sadara, Hrrum (Awesome character! lol)
Xererth, Liolira and a special shout out to Leonard Scruff, man.

R
Whisperer>>elms<<Naturalist
-Greed breeds destruction-
-You'll only ever see what I choose to show you-
-Manners are free-
-The Music of Nature fills the cracks in the mind that words will never reach-
Cianne
Dreamer

Post by Cianne »

Elmer's dinner party, that was so much fun and full of surprises. :lol:

MotS, great crew. Lu Chaos for always being Lu Chaos, Nathan/DoL, Sadara, Magnilia, Lace, Liolira.
Really having a great time since being back, so much exciting stuff going on. All the players are just
amazing.

~c~ and C
~Practice patience and silent reflection in a moment of anger ~ It will save you infinite moments of regret~
Cianne
Dreamer

Post by Cianne »

I have to give another really big round of applause to Nmoto! This character is just amazing, he ~never~ falters in his speech pattern and
it has to be incredibly difficult. He is also the most brilliantly played Freespirit I have ever seen in all my years with this game.
He doesn't take sides, I've never seen Nmoto say anything bad about anyone. He goes around helping anybody who
needs it and when his job is finished, he moves on to the next thing. As far as I can see he doesn't have any enemies.

Well done Sir, or Ma'am! You're amazing.

~C
~Practice patience and silent reflection in a moment of anger ~ It will save you infinite moments of regret~
Coraal
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Coraal

Post by Coraal »

Hey everyone!

I wanted to take a moment to give MAJOR Kudos to the GM Team for the recent upswing in amazing RP's going on lately, and for the awesome new areas open in the City! It is truly amazing what the team is doing to revitalize Underlight and I am very glad I get to be a part of witnessing that. You are doing an amazing job and the story lines are incredibly compelling and immersive!

The Teaching Elders
Kanto
Revenant
The Darkmares
The GM's who continue to emote so many awesome elements and hidden characters that keep the landscape ever changing and evolving!

Special mention: Eldryck Venym (he is SUCH a bastard but I have truly loved this character since his first appearance and hope it is intended for him to remain for a very, very long time to come)

As for the players; wow are so many of you doing an amazing job! Definite kudos going out to all of you with special mentions to the following:

For all the work and dedicated RP with the Monastery:

Elmer - you keep me grounded and sane and I love you so much more than this small post can convey. Thanks for being my everything, dreaming and awake.
Mengyao
Tamarisk
Cianne
Apothos
Belom

Those players involved or invested in the current Palisade RP:

Ashlynne
Sadara
Mandus
Purple Lace
Dina
Hrrum
Nostradamon
Liolira
Magnum
Nathan
Frey
Jade
Dakkoth
Icarus
Blana

And dreamers at large for your various RP's and contributions to the overall enjoyment and story line of UL:

Jevik Bane
Nmoto
Ra'as
Sirus Nesto
Magnilia
Cuero

If I have missed anyone please forgive me. While I wish I could participate in all RP's that is just not possible but I hope you know that your contributions are appreciated and encouraged!

This upswing in Underlight has been amazing with all of the returning dreamers and new dreamers bringing life back into our dreams. Thank you all again, so much, for being part of this amazing experience!
~¢~
No one saves us but ourselves.
No one can and no one may.
We ourselves must walk the path.
Buddha
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

Post by -Lacie- »

Greetings!

First things first!

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT fond of GM-led roleplays. I'm a freak about this and you're welcome to throw vegetables at me all you want (veggies are good for me and on my diet! So toss on!)

Also, Lacie despises 99% of the Elders & Titans. (IRL, I love you guys... we are NOT our characters, most times.)

HOWEVER.....

Great big kudos to the GM staff!!! This is a work of art and I can really sense that this is a "play" instead of something made up on the fly. I don't know which it is and don't care, but I suspect the former, not the latter. This means that you guys are working together (well, I hope) and the product of your efforts is really enjoyable for us. So.... GREAT JOB and THANK YOU!

Allow me to be more specific a moment. The problem with some GM-led roleplays is that there's a few GM's who are the attackers AND the explainers AND the antagonists, etc. This makes it difficult to gain Insight into role-playing while fighting or running for one's life. This makes it hard for dreamer involvement. The rp becomes not much more than sitting in the audience and watching others on a stage... performing a play.

This time is different tho. I REALLY like how there's some attackers (the Echen), then the Wraith, who came in, not attacking, but there to explain and give us the rp choices (we used to call this "latch-on" points, where dreamers could attach themselves to the rp), then the Revenant who does a little of both! This is a great way of doing this and I really think it makes the rp flow better.

I'll always be in favor of a dreamer-led rp, with GM support, but UL has to have a main story line. You outdid yourselves this time! Keep up the GREAT work, and surprise us all with a great finale!

I'd also like to give kudos to all the folks Coraal mentioned. Great job, everyone! I had a.... Blast last night!

Thank you tons for all the hard work, setup, execution and game-play!

~Lacie~
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."
Black Cloud
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Cloud

Post by Black Cloud »

Kudos to everyone playing right now and to the GM team for the Echten RP. We are overpowered and we havent even seen the actual threat yet, so it opens up to many possible solutions besides simply fighting it out.
Kudos to the Union players for taking such a big risk by supporting the darkness.. although they are now highly despised IC, they add another deeper level of frustration to the city through their betrayal. It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out.
LadySilver
Dreamer

Post by LadySilver »

Thanks to the Caretakers gloktr too. It's not an easy job. You add so much to the city. I am glad they aren't killing you anymore that retirement plan was vicious! Thanks for your time and spirit.
jtbadn
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Belom

Kudos Thread

Post by jtbadn »

Belom sits alone in a large room and gazes ever so unceremoniously into the flame of a candle placed just below his eye level. It seems as if he were drifting in and out of consciousness. Suddenly, everything that was hushed had become animated once again as flashes of each of the dreamers listed below come in to Belom's view. He smiles individually at each one . . .

Kudos can be certainly given to the following player characters who have certainly enhanced Belom's dreams.

**There is a great deal more praise that can be said regarding each of the dreamers listed below. This should be taken as simply a summary of kudos.**

Apothos - You just love making Belom squirm don't you? Your general distrust has made things interesting.

Coraal - For you, the attribution of uplift merits Kudos. Coraal has displayed the most wonderful attitude toward Belom and is always uplifting in every thing he says. In addition, your general support of Belom and your interest in Scrying has opened up new ideas. Thank you for that.

Elmer - A bit standoffish of Belom because of his childlike humor that comes into play from time to time. Likewise, Belom is standoffish towards Elmer likely to his fear of being cut. :lol:

Jevik Bane - For the conversations.

Cianne - For the ups and the downs, the stories, the corrections, the direction and the love. Thank you for being who you are. It takes a lot to make Belom cry but you managed to do it.

LadySilver - For the stories.

Purple Lace - For the confidence she gives and also, for all the trouble she gets Belom in that she might not even be aware of!

Mengyao - For his general acceptance of Belom and for his Sender flare!

Vampyro - Oh how I love you dearly. Your presence in Belom's dreams always include words of encouragement and uplifting things said about Belom's mind. I have always loved your character, though he generally points Belom to situations which never seem to end well (His marriage, the fairy tattoo of Shae that somehow still resides on his butt cheek... I don't even know how that happened!)

Shae - For the joy it brought Belom seeing you once again.

Liolira - For your stubbornness, the kinship of your loyalty to scrying, and for your ever pressing push, engaging Belom to act.

Ra'as - For that lingering cigar scent and for the comradely that he has always given Belom.

Tamarisk - For your teachings, your wisdom, your shadow.

Windsong - For the chance meeting in the Chasm of Souls which had taken Belom's breath away. For the uncanny similarities we share and for the teachings of history.

There are more kudos that certainly need to be given but for now...
~Belom The Scrying Prophet
Tentacle
Dreamer

Post by Tentacle »

To those who have changed schedules and bent over backwards to be around and be involved in the weekend of change, and to take on the unexpected, thank you. It has been a long time since I have seen so many different personalities really take to an idea and bring their A game. Even with all the unexpected twists and turns, you're bringing a real richness of character to the table. You've all jumped outside of the box and in doing so reinforced the very reasons why I play Underlight.

To Ra'as: I am so thankful that we've been able to come together again and produce some really spicy stuff. The way you're willing to so selflessly push boundaries and make sure you're giving house members content is great. You have been a fantastic creative partner.

To Sirus: I mean it when I say I am so happy to be able to give back. Seeing your character come into his own is something I always look forward to. I really enjoy working with you to do what we do.

To Cuero: I miss you! I am also excited for you too. I can't wait until you're back and can join in on the goodness. Thank you for giving all you can even though your real life is super busy right now!

To the Team: Sometimes we get confused as players, and get frustrated. Sometimes there is miscommunication. At times, you deal with a lot of emotionally charged reactions. Thank you, sincerely, for being as receptive as you have been lately. The surprises tonight created unexpected ways to create some amazing bonds between the characters involved.

My eyes absolutely did not tear up. Allergies suck, okay!

I really hope you're enjoying yourselves too when you're weaving all of these story arcs together.

Jenn =^. .^=
"She spins her golden web between us and the dream." - The Matron ☼, Soulkeeper
byronTus
Dreamer

Kudos Thread

Post by byronTus »

As I wont lie. I havent read all of the stories. I apologize if that makes ya feel bad. I do try to read most of them. Because sometimes those lil red dots get on my nerves so when i click on all of them to make them go away, Ill read it if it catches my eye.

So the Kudos and Applause from my point of view goes to a story that I find awesome.

Gia and Krev.

I know its gonna turn into something greater later on when more get involved, but as it stands right now I have to look everytime that thread has a red dot. I love it.

AWESOME
Oklof
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Oklof

Post by Oklof »

Hey hey, folks.

I've been beset by some significant business IRL, so I havent been around for ... months. But I do glance in and I just wanted to say. These stories Lacie and Tentacle and some others write are sooo wondrous. Kudos, kudos, kudos. They allow me to glance inside, without actually being able to enter. Thank you.
Elmer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Elmer

Post by Elmer »

Sadie - really getting into those jourmal entries you are writing, shocking :o great stuff.

R
Whisperer>>elms<<Naturalist
-Greed breeds destruction-
-You'll only ever see what I choose to show you-
-Manners are free-
-The Music of Nature fills the cracks in the mind that words will never reach-
Cianne
Dreamer

Post by Cianne »

Harkyn, Nathan, Apothos, Jade, Gorgunsun.

Great twist to the end of the night :)

~C
PKChrisChan
Character Name(s): Nathan

Post by PKChrisChan »

Agreed with what Cianne said.

On an OOC level, I've had a rocky relation with Harkyn's driver. Maybe I'm paranoid often but I'm really impressed with what he actually has contributed to the Phoenix storyline.

Last night's events were incredibly dynamic. Kudos to everyone and kudos to Harkyn and the GMs behind the scenes who've made the Phoenix Ascendancy an amazing experience as its been.
OfF KiLTeR
Dreamer
Character Name(s): OfF KiLTeR

Re: To the GM/Echten Killing Machine

Post by OfF KiLTeR »

Thank you for the fighting last night. That was a great time despite OfF KiLTeR having probably swallowed a few of his teeth.
Aileron
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Aileron

Post by Aileron »

Just wanted to give a shout out to all the players and GMs keeping things rolling as of late. Summer is usually the slow time so great job doing what you all do. It's been fun interacting with you all and looking forward to whats coming up next!
Aileron
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Aileron

Post by Aileron »

Kudos to the GMs and players all around for last nights amazing confrontation with the darkness. I was on the edge of my seat that whole time and it was awesome to be apart of it. You're all the best and looking forward to what comes next.
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

Post by -Lacie- »

That was.... GREAT! Ok, not very descriptive and doesn't have a lot of high-falutent words in it.... but it works!

Everyone who was dreaming last night did an over-the-top, most-excellent roleplay! I woke up this morning thinking.... "Did I dream that or.... wait!!!! I did dream it and it DID happen!!!!!"

We all have lives and responsibilities and aches and pains, but last night.... I saw the group I love and care about so much, put both feet into something Unknown. And this morning, all that's left is sweet-smelling feet! :lol:

The events of last night (and I'm not going into much detail as this should be discussed ingame!) showed me how extremely talented EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU ARE. You are all quirky, moody, irritated easily, prideful, etc., etc., etc., but when you set your collective minds to something, you all shine brilliantly!

I left the "script" in the book.... I wanted (soooo much) to see what you would do with a situation and boy oh boy.... you all impressed the socks off of me!

I was sweating... laughing, typing faster than my old fingers wanted and thinking so fast ..... so great!

We all have our woes, problems, etc... but last night, it all came together beautifully!

People coming up with ideas on the fly.... folks building off each other's ideas, and even props!

Let's not leave out our Overlords.... errrmmm, I mean the GM's!!! You guys had the hardest job and without so much as a RP report, or an email, or a Discord message, you made the RP flow, move and shake! I know, soooo well, how much harder it is to do this without any scripts or ideas.... but you guys made it look.... EASY!

So, while the scripted rp's are fun and have their place.... last night reminded me (and I hope all of you) that working off the cuff, totally reactionary.... is a lot of fun too!

Thank you all.... you surpassed yourselves and it warms my heart to see that your skills are not only still there, but in full bloom and completely healthy!

KUDO'S to the whole group! Very..... VERY Well Done!!!!!

Thank you for a wonderful evening!

~Lacie~
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."
PKChrisChan
Character Name(s): Nathan

Post by PKChrisChan »

I agree with Purple Lace's statement. The whole night was amazing because it incorporated every player and GMs ideas. It was a beautiful synergy. Everything from Tamarisk's Radiance Shadow boxes, to the Crown of Pairity, to the Kabal.

I loved it! Well done, GameMasters.

10/10