Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Kudos Thread

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Xererth
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Xererth

Re: Kudos Thread

Post by Xererth »

Kudos to jade, Shae, Frey, druce, the gm and Dimitri for fun roleplays at the gathering.
Pheasant
Dreamer

Post by Pheasant »

Kudos to Arnaya and Uthanatos. You guys really know how to crack me up.
Also, everyone shared some great stories tonight! What fun reads. C:
DONE
Entropy
Dreamer
Character Name(s): entropy

Post by Entropy »

Yep Turvy's event was awesome. Kudos to all.
Last edited by Entropy on Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

I'm just going to point up and go "What those two said" lol. Amazing night everyone, thank you :)
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

^^
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Arnaya
Dreamer

Post by Arnaya »

Huge shout out to everyone that attended the Incholate project event tonight. Everyone there had outstanding roleplays for their portals, and everyones were so distinct. That sort of thing reminds me why I enjoyed Underlight to begin with :)

In no particular order:
Jade
Frey
Hael Frost
Purple Lace
Golah
Uthanatos
Dimitri Raith
Nathan
Coraal
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Uthanatos
Dreamer

Post by Uthanatos »

I'd like to say that in addition to everyone's efforts and personal creativity in coming up and displaying their own variations on the same act, that I noticed some amazingly subtle, yet telling emotes from Hael Frost, in particular. So, kudos to everyone, special gold star to Hael
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Riggs
Dreamer

Post by Riggs »

Enjoying it all of late. Well done folks - EA and GM teams and some other quality players doing their thing :)

Especially enjoyed the shout out from Ethan. Nice mix on that blast from the past!

- B

Vampyro
SnowAngel
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Snow Angel X

Post by SnowAngel »

I echo the above sentiments. Thank you GM team for last night! Although my character doesnt know who Ethan is, the note from him to Shae seemed to mean a lot to those who did. Nice touch!

Sarah
~Snow Angel~
There are times when we stop.. We sit still... We listen and breezes from a whole other world begin to whisper.
James Carroll
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Post by Cherokee »

Good stuff going on with the EA lately. Kudos to everyone involved!
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
Coraal
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Coraal

Post by Coraal »

That has been a long time coming, but I did not have the words until now to express how I have been feeling.

This kudo goes out directly to the GM team. I want to thank each and every one of you for your hard work and consistent dedication to this community, and the effort you put forth to keep dreamers engaged and interested in returning.

Of particular note, and this is selfishly personal, I would like to convey my deepest and most heartfelt thanks for the amazingly complex, yet seemingly simple and charming, Lightless story Arc. I have been playing rpg's for many, many years. From table top games with paper and dice, to single/multiplayer console/computer games, to MMORPGS alongside thousands of other players and not once have I been as captivated and enthralled by a role-playing story arc as I have with the Lightless. Your creativity, consistency, and out-of-the-box interactions have touched me as a player and given me a far deeper appreciation for the artistry that is genuine role-play. That you have added depths of innocence, humor, and emotion only furthers my gratitude. I have very rarely been moved to strong emotion in role-play situations in the past and to find that I am with this story line makes me very thankful.

All of you are volunteers and I recognize that I know none of you aside from interacting with your "Koi" persona's and through npc's. But, for me, this role-play arc has given me, truly given me, the genuine opportunity to get to know each of you in a much more personal, better way. Through your characters, which are amazingly well constructed and played, you are sharing part of yourselves as expert role-players with me and this I genuinely appreciate both as a character and as a driver of Coraal.

I do not know how this story arc will proceed, what will come next, or how it will reach its zenith. But I log in to UnderLight, eager to see what will happen, more so than I do when reading an excellent book...and I read a lot. It is that good to me.

So thank you, GM team, for all that you do, have done, and continue to do to enhance the role-playing experience of this community, and to pave the way for even greater and more in-depth role-play to come. While we as players might grumble, moan, and groan, I hope that you know that not one moment goes by when I do not appreciate the opportunity to play a game like UnderLight and within so amazing a fantasy world that you have worked so hard into creating. Thank you for being there for us, even when we don't deserve it, and thank you for giving of your own time to provide for the enjoyment of those who visit this most fantastic and amazing of realms. This really is in many ways, to me at least, a dream come true.

In deepest appreciation,

Coraal's driver
~¢~
No one saves us but ourselves.
No one can and no one may.
We ourselves must walk the path.
Buddha
Koi-Owl
Senior GameMaster

Post by Koi-Owl »

Coraal wrote:That has been a long time coming, but I did not have the words until now to express how I have been feeling.

This kudo goes out directly to the GM team. I want to thank each and every one of you for your hard work and consistent dedication to this community, and the effort you put forth to keep dreamers engaged and interested in returning.

Of particular note, and this is selfishly personal, I would like to convey my deepest and most heartfelt thanks for the amazingly complex, yet seemingly simple and charming, Lightless story Arc. I have been playing rpg's for many, many years. From table top games with paper and dice, to single/multiplayer console/computer games, to MMORPGS alongside thousands of other players and not once have I been as captivated and enthralled by a role-playing story arc as I have with the Lightless. Your creativity, consistency, and out-of-the-box interactions have touched me as a player and given me a far deeper appreciation for the artistry that is genuine role-play. That you have added depths of innocence, humor, and emotion only furthers my gratitude. I have very rarely been moved to strong emotion in role-play situations in the past and to find that I am with this story line makes me very thankful.

All of you are volunteers and I recognize that I know none of you aside from interacting with your "Koi" persona's and through npc's. But, for me, this role-play arc has given me, truly given me, the genuine opportunity to get to know each of you in a much more personal, better way. Through your characters, which are amazingly well constructed and played, you are sharing part of yourselves as expert role-players with me and this I genuinely appreciate both as a character and as a driver of Coraal.

I do not know how this story arc will proceed, what will come next, or how it will reach its zenith. But I log in to UnderLight, eager to see what will happen, more so than I do when reading an excellent book...and I read a lot. It is that good to me.

So thank you, GM team, for all that you do, have done, and continue to do to enhance the role-playing experience of this community, and to pave the way for even greater and more in-depth role-play to come. While we as players might grumble, moan, and groan, I hope that you know that not one moment goes by when I do not appreciate the opportunity to play a game like UnderLight and within so amazing a fantasy world that you have worked so hard into creating. Thank you for being there for us, even when we don't deserve it, and thank you for giving of your own time to provide for the enjoyment of those who visit this most fantastic and amazing of realms. This really is in many ways, to me at least, a dream come true.

In deepest appreciation,

Coraal's driver
Owl
Senior Gamemaster
roleplaying@underlight.com

"Uand le hibou chante, La nuit est silence" – Charles de Leusse
Turvy
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Turvy

Post by Turvy »

Thanks to everyone that came out and supported the Wicker Man event! It was a lot of fun. Kudos to the GMs for adding to it as well. O-[--<
Golah
Dreamer

Post by Golah »

To Silk, no idea who you are, don't wanna know, love the game when you are around, well done.

On a side note, You Golah Locked portal, anything goes =P
Coraal
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Coraal

Post by Coraal »

Wanted to say "thank you" to all of those who made last night so extremely fun and engaging! Sooooo...more Kudos:

Elmer - for literally everything, but also last night and your never-ending support and words of encouragement <3 <3 <3
Apothos - thank you so much for your support and your consistently awesome role play! I look eagerly forward to much, much more!

Purple Lace - let's be honest...I'm in love with your cold, dark heart. You're always there when players need you and you try so hard to keep this steam engine chugging along. I see you and I appreciate it deeply.
Golah - because you're amazing, you make me laugh, and I might have a certain kind of male-related envy *wink, wink*

Synteny - if we HAD to get in trouble, I'm glad you were there. As always it is amazing fun when you're around and I am grateful for your company.

Vampyro - it was really good to see you and spend a bit of time engaging in conversation and story moving role play. Hope we can do it again soon!

Gm's - you know how I feel about this rp story line but still wanted to say another thank you for an engaging and adrenaline filled evening of "edge-of-your-seat" action.

Lord Ascheron - its always good to see you in game and to interact with you. I end up blushing at the end of every one of our conversations =D
~¢~
No one saves us but ourselves.
No one can and no one may.
We ourselves must walk the path.
Buddha
Turvy
Dreamer

Post by Turvy »

Kudos to everyone that attended the Pumpkin Carving Contest! That ended up being a lot of fun. Thanks to the GMs as well for throwing in something spooky for the theme. ;)

https://imgur.com/lDYIPjb
Entropy
Dreamer
Character Name(s): entropy

Post by Entropy »

The pumpkin carving was a lot of fun, great job Turvy and kudos for everyone that attended.
Arnaya
Dreamer

Post by Arnaya »

To the GM's.... please let me be the first to say..... You guys are truly Evil LOL.

Outstanding roleplaying to Everyone that was up and around in things tonight. You guys all did awesome, and just so everyone's aware.... None of this is scripted beyond the most basic "Do this, have fun".
Lu Chaos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Lu Chaos

Post by Lu Chaos »

I would say kudos except the guy had on God Mode. So kudos for everything except that.
Turvy
Dreamer

Post by Turvy »

That was extremely fun and completely unexpected! Kudos to the GMs involved as well as each player that took part in the madness. :twisted:
Pheasant
Dreamer

Post by Pheasant »

Holy hell this is a blast! Kudos to seriously EVERYONE! Especially Arnaya. That bish be cray, yo. Like, seriously cray-cray. Lol I can't wait to see where this goes.
DONE
Uthanatos
Dreamer

Post by Uthanatos »

JESUS TITTY F*** Alright, I wanna say holy crap....that was amazeballs, granted it was super frustrating for a while....and we will all lament the loss of Uthy's artifact Soulreaper...it really got even better once the fighting stopped, Thank you GMs for that one, special kudos to Turvy and Arnaya, because....damn. Hael, Ras, Entropy....seriously, if you woke after the fighting, you missed the best of it.

Ü
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Koi-Wish
Founder

Post by Koi-Wish »

Thanks to everyone that participated in that spur of the moment chaos that happened last night.

Just a side note on a couple of things. The 9th sphere God, was definitely supposed to appear that way due to proximity of the Mace - that was supposed to be apparent, we failed on portraying it very well I suppose.
Additionally, no one knew what was going to happen. None of the GMs involved or any of the players... it dynamically evolved. The only thing that was intentional was Eldryck protecting the Mace, being all-powerful in its presence in order to protect it. Everything else.... spontaneous reaction, including those whom walked away with Strike.

In reviewing the logs, and rereading how things played out; I gotta say the most omg, moments were between Hael and Eldryck. Epecially this little interaction:

Hael Frost jumps into the water and starts slaming her fists into Eldryck's back. "You wanted to talk! I'm here! Lets talk!"
Eldryck responds, "Now now sugar, there is plenty of me to go around. No need to rush things."
Hael Frost sobs loudly. "You let her go and I will do what you want..!"
Eldryck says, "Honey, you will do what I want regardless."
Eldryck continues, "I told you that once, I think its sinking in though."
Eldryck Venym leans back, twirling his club
Eldryck Venym grins and says, "Your starting to like me aren't ya?"
Hael Frost tries to catch her breath through her sobs. "Please... Let her go..."
Eldryck leans forward and says, "Ooh and now your begging. That's hot, now your toying with my emotions."
Eldryck grins and continues, "Remember all the scowling and twitching and stuff earlier?"
Eldryck Venym leans back and winks, "How ya like me now?"
Hael Frost looks up at Eldryck. "Please, just let her go."
Eldryck responds with, "Funny, how a few swings from a club, and a whole lot of damn floating has inspired folks."
Eldryck Venym lifts his club
Hael Frost winces and starts to sob again. "What will it take?!"
Eldryck cackles a small laugh, "Oh, honey, it will take all of you."
Eldryck Venym lifts the club and uses it to wipe away a tear
Eldryck feigns sympathy, "Poor thing, all shook up."
Eldryck Venym leans back and looks at Turvy
Eldryck says, "She's such a softy."
Eldryck looks back at Hael, "Kiss the club, Hael. I asked you earlier. You wouldn't."
Eldryck buries his eyes on hers, "Do it now."
Hael Frost flinches. "I already told you we can talk alone now... You just have to let her go. That's all I'm asking. Whatever it takes..."
Eldryck Venym lifts the club gently to her face
Eldryck sneers, "Go on girl, tell it what it means to you."
Hael Frost's brows furrow as she inhales sharply, swalling her pride, and kisses the club.

Intense moment. Great RPing. Was like watching a movie.

Kudos to everyone truly.
Pheasant
Dreamer

Post by Pheasant »

Just, thank you for continuing to scare the piss out of Hael. This is honestly the most fun I've had in a while. I love me a good thriller. :D
DONE
Arnaya
Dreamer

Post by Arnaya »

Now that I've woken up and can actually think again.. Lol. Specific Kudo's go out to:
- Turvy: Jumping in despite being ridiculously out-powered, and fantastic work on portraying her post-mace.
- Hael Frost: Absolutely heart-wrenching portrayal and play, like Wish said... it was like watching a movie.
- Uthanatos: For all of the roleplaying in general, but specifically the wrenching play and sacrifice depictions. Holy S*#t.
- Rasputin: For jumping in without hesitation, and strong consistency delivered with outstanding roleplay :)
- Entropy: Just excellent roleplaying in general. On Arnaya's behalf, let me just say... "Sorry" :P
- The GM's involved: Balancing a massive overkill badguy in open combat, with Roleplay, and a group of people each working in different ways (At one point, I think there was 6 people actively RPing with the mace and 3 in open combat with the big bad).... I'm amazed at how you guys pulled it off. Seriously fantastic work on it all.
- Lu Chaos: I don't usually give you kudo's, mainly because I don't really like rewarding people for playing arrogant dick types of characters (Nearly everyone I've RP'd with that does this takes it too far, and nearly always kills enjoyment in whatever game was being played)... but the later parts of last night in particular were fun. Lu going white as a sheet when he realized what the group was up against was perfect.
- Coraal: For jumping in and getting involved in mid-scene. As always, outstanding roleplaying in general :)
- Anyone else that I missed in the chaos: Thank you everyone for getting involved. Each person added another perspective, and more depth to the story being laid out. Fantastic work everyone :)

Note: I know this type of Roleplay isn't for everyone. Especially given that Arnaya and Turvy are basically bat-sh*t Psychotic Evil right now... with all that entails. I won't be running Arnaya a lot until this is wrapped up, just because I know this type of RP can easily overwhelm and get tedious (Seriously, there's only so many ways someone can threaten, menace, try to break, and/or try to kill people before it gets kinda tedious). On that note as well, if anyone has real issues with this type of RP... Please PM me and let me know, and I'll try to avoid having Arnaya being around them, as much as is practical anyway (I've already put LadySilver on this list, out of consideration for her controllers known dislike of the Dreamstrike art and distaste for this sort of Roleplay. If you'd like to be included in the RP, please let me know.. otherwise Arnaya will generally avoid Sil in favor of "More entertaining targets" to her IC "Evil" perspective). Note that attacking Arnaya, or hunting her will basically result in her trying to take out your character even if you've asked to be excluded from the general RP. I'll still seriously restrict the "Evil maniacal haunting" stuff, but by engaging her... your basically agreeing to put your character at risk. Just heads up to everyone. Likewise, seeking her out to insult/harass/etc her, means that she'll be retaliating... even if you've sent me a PM to generally excluded from the RP. I won't continue to seek out/haunt people after that instance, but during the instance when your characters are having a go at her... your characters are fair game.

And just as a note... Yes. Arnaya WILL try to dreamstrike people if they leave themselves vulnerable. I'm playing it as if she's basically hyper A.D.D. and keeps forgetting that she has Abjure or most of her other arts in order to avoid wiping people out (Will try to balance fighting ability and skill with opponents)... but if your characters leave themselves vulnerable to her when she's around, she will make the attempt. I'm also deliberately not stocking her pack massively, because I do know that she can fairly easily overwhelm a lot of other players out there... so even lower sphere players do have a reasonable chance of defending themselves against her if she comes after them. Just, take precautions unless you want your character Dreamstruck (Given that the RP is centered around the mace, I suspect that the GM's will be again allowing full recovery of any struck characters, as per in game lore on the weapon and its abilities).

~Jan, the insanity behind Arnaya