Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Our Condolences...

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Koi-Drama
Founder

Our Condolences...

Post by Koi-Drama »

Dreamers,

Over the years, many of us have come to identify with each other as an extended family with friendships spanning back nearly two decades. There were times that we drifted apart and times that we came together as a community. Today, a member of the Underlight community experienced a tremendous loss in her family and regardless of issues withstanding, the Koi-Team seeks to offer support during this period of great sadness.

We re-evaluated a recent determination and spoke with those impacted and decided to move forward as a community because we understand that dealing with a death in the family is difficult enough without the support of your peers. We lament the loss of your husband. The community stands with you during your time of mourning, Kimberly.

On behalf of the Koiware Team and the UL community, we are sincere in our wishes and offer you our deepest sympathies.

Sincerely,
Koi-Drama
“I try to bring the audience's own drama, tears and laughter they know about, to them.”
Dina

Re: Our Condolences...

Post by Dina »

Thank you Koi, this means a lot to me. I've done some really stupid things in the past and for you to do this. It means the world to me.

My husband has been battling issues for the past month and a half. It started off with him going in because his o2 stats were low and running high temperatures. After this long battle, they finally found out that he had a staph infection eating at his aortic heart valve. His poor heart couldn't function anymore and this morning at 4am, his heart stopped beating while on the operating table. They were trying to replace the heart valve, but it was too late. I don't think I have ever hurt so much and my heart aches so badly right now. Those of you that have gone through this, know.

You will see Dina in game again, but please, I am there to take my mind off this stress I am having. It hurts right now and I need this time to get away from this tragedy. Please keep me entertained in a good way please.

Thank you again Koi.
Tember
Dreamers of Light

Post by Tember »

I will be there to keep you entertained. We can cause a bunch of trouble and giggle like school girls.

I am glad you are back, you have been missed. And, I am sorry this happened to your husband and that you are going through this. I cannot imagine.
Koi-Anise
Senior GameMaster

Post by Koi-Anise »

I am grateful that this little community and game can bring you some modicum of comfort and ease some of your pain in any capacity, no matter how great or small. My heart is 100% with you right now and I know that no words will be enough. Maybe ducoh. That might be okay. <3

Anything you need, just ask. We are all here.
Senior GameMaster
Anise(a)underlight.com

- A wise man once said, "Wherever you go, there you are."
HarleyofCienn

Post by HarleyofCienn »

I can't even begin to imagine the heartbreak you're feeling and you and your family have been in my thoughts all day. Just wanted to give you my deepest condolences.

-the other Kimberly (:P)
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

I'm so sorry for your loss, our condolences from everyone on my end of the computer.
~ Jan & Co
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Koi-Comet
Teaching Lead

Post by Koi-Comet »

So sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Gorgunsun
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Gorgunsun, Gromnir

Post by Gorgunsun »

F*ck. I will help you set up something for him in Shadowlight....... kind of my thing.
Dina

Post by Dina »

Gorgunsun wrote:F*ck. I will help you set up something for him in Shadowlight....... kind of my thing.
Huh?

On another note, my husbands work place set up a Go Fund Me for me to help pay off the funeral and other expenses, and I have noticed that some of you have donated money into this fund. I want to thank you so very much. It means a lot to me knowing that many of you care so much that you would do this for me.

Also, I want to thank you all for the entertainment I have been experiencing in game. I have been going through many emotions lately and anger is one of them. This "new" war kinda helps me get my frustrations out. I know this sounds bad, but it is just a game and I mean no ill thoughts against anyone. When you are battling a relationship with God because he took your loved one way too soon, you have to find an escape. Underlight has done this for me for many years. A big stress reliever. Just please do not take anything personal.
Gorgunsun
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Gorgunsun, Gromnir

Post by Gorgunsun »

I meant you could put up a memorial or sentimental thing for him in Shadowlight........if you wanted to, I mean.
Black Cloud
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Cloud

Post by Black Cloud »

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope strength and support remain by your side in these hard times. Please take care of yourself and family. Much love.