Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Forum Settings

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Koi-Raven

Forum Settings

Post by Koi-Raven »

All,

In setting up a fresh set of forums there are a TON of default settings that have to be looked at/fixed. If you come across a setting that doesn't seem quite right or you would like changed please drop me a line either here, in a PM, or on facebook!
Kiyasisis
Dreamer

The Eighth Level of the Circle Pt. V: Enlightenment by Spirit

Post by Kiyasisis »

“From now on, you will no longer be named Lynxbone for this appointment. I name you Little Time, and indeed it will remind you of your circumstances, for the longer you linger in Dim-light City, the more corruption you will acquire, even should you wish to try to avoid it all. You are not exempt from its influence.

“Finish before One, or all your efforts will be in vain.”

“One?” I knew I frowned in incomprehension. What did that mean? Despite my confusion, acceptance within me of this assignment was no longer an issue, and I supposed that the Spirit of Father Time knew this all along in his scrutiny of candidates, if such a thing had transpired. Yet I wanted clarity. He did not answer directly, but provided me a multitude of cryptic, prophetic-sounding advisories.

“When you first awaken in Dim-light City, you will have difficulties with speech and comprehension interacting with its citizens because they do not speak Long Tongue. Worry not, for the dreamers are largely consumed with contemporary matters of import to them and they and their words will find you—in time. When your tongue easily repeats the words that dreamers hear, then sunrise will come for you in that city, meaning that your appointment will commence.

“Corruption will find you, too, as soon as dreamers do, though few may hear, believe or act on your appointment. Guard well, for your time is not unlimited. You may have as many as four seasons, perhaps more or perhaps less, before the Blot begins to manifest itself; this is a quantity of time which is unpredictable and solely contingent upon the dreamers themselves. At that time, it may be that the occurrence of the Blot or the perceived anomalies will fortuitously swell the ranks of those who have begun to hear your words and respond.”

“This does not tell me how to erase the corruption, Father Time. You spoke of a hidden hope,” I prompted.

“Dim-light City still has defenses according to the Circle of Life, Little Time. Look to the Circle of Life, child, particularly the Third Circle. The defenses are shy, blurred and neglected, but they will respond to one who has the appropriate training. You will find them if you look carefully. They are there, and they are absolutely pure in their design. Find them. Find them all.

“After all, solutions to problems in a dream are found within dreams, and you have had some of those of late. Discover the instrument that only the pure can use to aid in coaxing the natural defenses to respond to you and yours. It is something that is of no consequence to Power, for Power does not recognise its value.

“Train in the seven steps according to the Seven Circles those who are willing to make the sacrifice for the Dim-light City so that they know how to use the instrument that only the pure and apparently-weak can use.” Abruptly the spirit began to evanesce.

“Will their sacrifices end them?” I hastily prompted.

“There are many alternate ends to dreams. Time moves forward now, Little Time. Corruption moves forward. The Blot grows. Do not linger, suspended here. Make the choice that is before you. Peace in your decision.”
I wished to ask for more, but the spirit was gone, an indication that I was out of time.

I opened my eyes, and it was already morning, the suns haven risen moments before in their shining glories. The matter of the changes to a city of dreams loomed large within me now, as I had already decided, but I still had the one day, and I strode into it, certain that I wished to live it fully.
Kiyasisis
Dreamer

Re: Forum Settings

Post by Kiyasisis »

Raven,

This is Part V of an IC Story from Dreamers, from the forum to which it and its other parts was originally posted. As near as I can determine, it complies with all the rules and is in no way Player Chat.

In the words of Koi-Wishbringer, "It can be used to push a narrative IC if done appropriately." This is precisely the beginning of a story arc meant to engage players in RP within Underlight.

Long stories are often difficult to read at one sitting, and the Stories from Dreamers forum specifically says that no replies are to be made and so I broke down the content into five parts. If the settings is the issue, please let me know what I need to do to restore the five parts to where they were originally posted. If there is some other issue, you will have to let me know.

Thank you for your attention to this.
Koi-Cricket
Directing Producer

Post by Koi-Cricket »

Sorry... We had some issues when trying to stack all of your stories together. You cannot post a response to someone else story, but you can to your own.

You can go ahead and repost them and stack them together in one post.

Thank you
Directing Producer
Kiyasisis
Dreamer

Post by Kiyasisis »

Cricket and Raven,

I appreciate the prompt and helpful reply and will try again.

Thank you!