Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Four Year Anniversary of KoiWare

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Koi-Wish
Founder

Four Year Anniversary of KoiWare

Post by Koi-Wish »

Just wanted to say that yesterday marked the passing of our four year anniversary from when we started this little project. Granted the City wasn't opened up to the community until September - but the website and forums went live on Jan 22nd, 2014. It started in the morning with me having a nostalgia moment on the forums of EoC - and then learning that it had shut down a month before due to a hardware failure and loss of backup. I made a post about mixing the two worlds of SoT and Lyra together - called it a Clash of Dreams .... later that evening a website was up and a forums was created and .... suddenly I got excited about it.

Less then a week later I had a license to use the code...

We had SoT back up in testing/Beta phase for a month or so... while the team I put together for rebuilding the original servers worked feverishly daily. The original idea at one point was to have an SoT server and a Lyra server up and running and then blend them together - although a lot old school players just wanted to see the original UL up and running. Thanks to in part mostly to Taryag, Al-E, DiscoWay and Lyra-Hawk after months of working on "bit-rot" the server and clients were up and running and it started to look like a reality. Having access to both original Databases from Lyra and SoT made the reality of importing players from both Cities into ours an amazing dream come true....

We had a number of GMs come and go during that time, and a plethora of players come back briefly and others whom stayed and have been here since the beginning.

We added new content, new arts, new planes, fixed some bugs, added some bugs, fixed those and have things on the horizon coming for yet additional content. Its been a helluva ride.

Four years later.... we are still here and excited about upcoming growth in 2018 with a new PR team and marketing ideas for making 2018 a year about adding players.

Its been an amazing journey. Thank you everyone for your own contributions to this project, for without the community the rest of us have been doing this for nothing. But with each day the story of UnderLight continues with exciting new chapters, scary new bad guys, wondrous new players roleplaying and a magic that just can not be compared on any other platform anywhere.

I can not wait to see where we go, I have enjoyed it so far... and I am excited about the future. Keep on playing, long live UnderLight....

Now go dream. :-)

Brian Clementoni
~ WishBringer ~
Lu Chaos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Lu Chaos

Re: Four Year Anniversary of KoiWare

Post by Lu Chaos »

Thanks a lot for your hardwork Wish and the rest of the Koi-Team. I first got on UL at like 11-12 years old. Kept getting banned or running out of free subscription. Then SoT came out. Was able to play it all the time now, then that server just vanished for some reason.. I thought all was lost but then...

This team pulled the game from out of the trenches and merged two different UL worlds together, and I must admit its been a fun ride.

Through trials and tribulations, failures and accomplishments everyone who has been with this community from the beginning until now have somehow shaped the game into what it is today so with that being said, thanks again for helping us keep this game lasting throughout the ages. Not alot of games can say that.

Salute to the Koi Team and salute to the players who keep the dream alive. No other game allows you to be what you want to be, to explore all types of areas in your mind you never knew existed. Its fun.

-Thanks for keeping us dreaming.
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

Re: Four Year Anniversary of KoiWare

Post by -Lacie- »

Happy Anniversary!

An eon ago I was DreamStruck and never thought I would ever be able to dream again. 2002 was a rough year for me because of that. I literally put a bed-sheet over my computer and cried for two weeks when I realized I could not Dream any more. Think I'm lying? Hrrrmp!

When Wish found an echo of myself wandering through the City (I am writing a book and couldn't remember how to describe Dreamers of Light's HORRID Threshold), he rescued Lacie and gave her one last chance to Dream....

I wasn't a teenager like the rest of the crowd, but in the City, it didn't seem to matter. I had the same opportunities as anyone else to experience the DreamState. I was totally hooked! Guess what? Twenty-some-odd-years later? I am JUST as hooked!

Difference now is, that I understand what it means to actually put yourself aside and place your mind in a place one goes when one goes to sleep. A Dream. This has never been done quite as well and with as much rich literally detail as Underlight has or will ever do.

Ok, enough soggy stuff!

My Wish.... I hope for at least another 4 years of continued success and hope that Underlight will be around a LOT longer. Brian, I made a promise to you, and I FULLY intend to keep it!

Sooooo....... Dream On!
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."