Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

The state of AJ

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Butterfly
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arlyana Jax

The state of AJ

Post by Butterfly »

Even though I rarely log in, the community of Underlight are oft in my thoughts.
My reason for not playing is that I am overwhelmed this year. My teaching position has changed twice, adding more expectations, confusion, politics and troubled teens. My oldest has been placed on the Autism spectrum, he also has ADHD. This combination, and the fact that he is six, creates an often difficult set of circumstances at home. After dealing with the teens I do, then coming home to a special needs child, I run out of energy very quickly. All of this added to my very active, especially at prime playtime, toddler, there is no way that I can be an active member of the community.
(This is not a woe is me post, just a sharing of information.)
Arlyana Jax Shaw
Sovereign of Stuffing
Amanuensis of Academia
Eternal Calenturian

Uthanatos: I don't know what you are talking about, that's not a woman, it's an AJ
SnowAngel
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Snow Angel X

Re: The state of AJ

Post by SnowAngel »

I taught elementary school for 25 years before I retired.. so I totally get it.
I wish you the best of luck with teaching changes and your very special one at home. Kids on the spectrum are way cool but definitely can be a challenge. Thoughts and prayers are with you!
~Sarah~
There are times when we stop.. We sit still... We listen and breezes from a whole other world begin to whisper.
James Carroll
Pheasant
Dreamer

Re: The state of AJ

Post by Pheasant »

One of my favorite jobs I worked was at a daycare taking care of autistic children. I totally get how challenging it can be and we're here for you. Shoot me a message some time!

-Chel
DONE