Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Happy ThanksGiving

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Koi-Wish
Founder

Happy ThanksGiving

Post by Koi-Wish »

Community,

I want to give thanks to each and every one of you for being a part of our tiny little community. We have now been up and live for over 3 years now. UnderLight itself has been now alive for over two decades. Yes, it was 20 years ago when some of us starting dreaming for the first time. There have been tens of thousands of players who have played over the years. Most of them have since moved on, some may not know we are back, some of them have unfortunately passed but have left their mark on the community none the less. There have been ups and downs and good times and bad times. But thru it all, the community though small, still has a desire to dream and play this silly game called UnderLight. Nearly 4 years ago in January, I saw that EoC had shut its doors and although I didn't play EoC and barely played SoT there was something warming about knowing the UL was still around. When we were faced with a possibility of it being officially done for good, I decided that wasn't an option, I decided we couldn't just let it go. I reached out, got the licensing and put together an amazing team with the likes of some of the original folks involved with Lyra back in the day. Got access to all our original characters to make bringing them back a reality.... Mixed SoT with Lyra and a Clash of Dreams was born. Those first 6-9 months were daily fixing of bit rot, converting, trial... error... trial... error.... but thru hard work and a wonderful group of folks we got here. I give thanks to them, I give thanks to the current team who although even we butt heads now and then, we still carry this torch forward.

But mostly I give thanks to each you - for without you, everything I have done, everything we have built... is for nothing. Twenty years ago, I discovered a dream world, I was excited... I was mesmerized, I was hooked. Twenty years later.... I still love to dream.

Thank you for dreaming with me.

Brian
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Re: Happy ThanksGiving

Post by Arnaya »

There's a lot of ups and downs in the game, and a lot of us (Players and GM's alike) have had our feelings hurt by others in the community... and in many cases, lashed out and done the same in return.

I'm a newer addition to the game as some people know, but despite all the frustration and anger that crops up from time to time... I love this game and keep coming back despite wanting on numerous times to walk away and tell the Koi team to flat out delete my account. It's the other players in the community that keep me doing that. So, I'd like to say thank you to everyone involved, Koi team, Players, and others, that have made Underlight.

It's a big game, despite the small population, and I hope people can come to some terms with each other to continue to help it grow. Happy Thanksgiving everyone :)
~ Jan
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Elmer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Elmer

Post by Elmer »

Happy Thanksgiving :)
Whisperer>>elms<<Naturalist
-Greed breeds destruction-
-You'll only ever see what I choose to show you-
-Manners are free-
-The Music of Nature fills the cracks in the mind that words will never reach-
Pheasant
Dreamer

Post by Pheasant »

<3
DONE
LadySilver
Dreamer

Post by LadySilver »

Happy Thanksgiving for those that celebrate and hugs to everyone!
SnowAngel
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Snow Angel X

Post by SnowAngel »

Thanks Wish for keeping this game alive. I don't think I have ever played a game that can touch the controller the way this one does. There are things that make you laugh, cry, mad, things that make you go "wtf"!
Sure there have been plenty of ups and downs.. but it does mirror the real world in many aspects. I know I started way back in the mplayer days..I did miss the SoT version for the most part, but then stumbled back upon it once you resurrected it.
So thank you for taking that on and giving those of us who do love this game, a chance to keep on playing.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and the entire Koi team and everyone else in the City of Dreams!
~Sarah~
There are times when we stop.. We sit still... We listen and breezes from a whole other world begin to whisper.
James Carroll