Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Let's Chat?

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Synteny
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Synteny

Let's Chat?

Post by Synteny »

I kind of miss hanging out in IRC. I feel like we need like a UL discord server or something. WHat's everyone using to stay connected?
Dina

Re: Let's Chat?

Post by Dina »

I think ppl just gave up. Gms don't want to read ppl going off because they think one house is favored, or dreamers are favored over others. They don't want to hear ppl say they want something stronger, then when it is changed to be stronger, they leave the game. People that complain how they don't want to fight in game, but does everything in their power to piss the fighters off. They get throat punched and say they are bullied. People just don't want to hear it.

ME on the other hand loves to read the drama cuz my ass is stuck at work allllllll the time!

Edit: I stay connected through FB!
Golah
Dreamer

Post by Golah »

Not exactly sure what in the world Dina is talking about since it has absolutely nothing to do with the original question, nor have I ever seen it in public IRC. I would prefer you delete what you wrote Dina as it only serves to stoke fires that were put out already, and just stick with the question.

Syn I use IRC and FB, mostly Forum message, I rarely if ever read the IC forums, I prefer to find out stuff in game.
Noshkapana
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Nosh

Post by Noshkapana »

Many of Dina's points are valid tho, and apply to many other games I have played.

To the OP, I think Discord is great. It does everything IRC does, plus more. (I was thinking of starting a discord server too). I say fire it up, post the link, and see if it gains traction.
Everyone's a hero in their own way,
In their own, not that heroic, way.
Synteny
Ascended Dreamers

Post by Synteny »

I don't know what Dina is on about either, this post wasn't put up to go on a hate fueled rant. It was to inquire on a place for the players to gather together since IRC is dead.

If you don't know what Discord is, it's an awesome program that's text chat and voice channels.

I set up an Underlight server, if anyone would like to come and hang out with me (I'm JJ on there)

https://discord.gg/vamWXCk
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Post by Cherokee »

I'm not sure why IRC died out either, but I've been keeping in touch through FB as well.
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
Dina

Post by Dina »

I was explaining why IRC isn't the cool hang out place anymore. If IRC can't last, another server is pointless.

Would be more of a complaint room like IRC was!

Why take my post down? It is the truth and explaining why nothing is being used other than FB. If you don't like it, keep scrolling.

Less headaches for the GMs lol.
Synteny
Ascended Dreamers

Post by Synteny »

The Discord Server I set up isn't being ran by the GM team, so I no headache for them anyway. A few of us have joined and it's been nice.
Synteny
Ascended Dreamers

Post by Synteny »

We're up to 10 people on discord. Come join us :)

https://discord.gg/vamWXCk
Tember
Dreamers of Light

Post by Tember »

I just joined and kicked the party up a notch :ugeek:
Noshkapana
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Nosh

Post by Noshkapana »

Just an FYI:

Discord is not just a cool place to hang out and chat, we're also trying to keep you up to date with Notices and Edicts.

Remember to check for new pinned messages to stay up to speed on goings on!

Everyone's a hero in their own way,
In their own, not that heroic, way.