Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Player Referral Contest

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Koi-Shadow

Player Referral Contest

Post by Koi-Shadow »

Dreamers,

Player referrals are how almost all of our new players have found Underlight. Unless you started playing back in Mplayer days and stumbled upon it on your own, somebody probably told you about Underlight and got you to start playing.

We're hosting a raffle contest to bring in some new players. The contest will begin now and end July 31st. The goal of the contest will be to bring in as many new players as we can. You and whoever you refer will each earn 1 ticket into the raffle for any new accounts created by new players who have listed you in the "referred by field" during account creation or any returning players who send in a RP report saying that "Soandso talked me into coming back." Returning players must have not logged in since at least April 1st to count as a referral.

How can find players to refer? That's completely up to you. The easiest way would likely be posting a short note on facebook or any other social media you have. A great example a player posted the following a few days ago with a screenshot attached:

"Still playing this crazy game called Underlight (underlight.com). Join up if you want to. We play 24/7 with people all around the world. It's held my interest for over 10 yrs, and I have a short attention span lol Lemme know if you're interested. I'll walk you through it. Totally free. Totally enjoyable!"

If there's any gaming forums or communities you lurk around in posting something there would be a great way also, but please do not spam random forums. The gaming discussion area on Craigslist for your city might be a good idea as well. Printing out flyers to post at tabletop/card/book stores would probably work great.

-Reply to this post with a link or picture to anything you've done to try to gain referrals and you will automatically receive 1 entry into the raffle. Bonus entries for any really great ideas that other people can steal from you. -

At the end of the contest, anyone who earned at least 1 entry into the raffle will receive Roleplaying Points added to their account. We will have a special prize for whoever earns the most entries into the raffle as well. The super amazing grand prize will be powder coated stainless steel tumbler in the color of your choice with your character's name and house logo of your choice laser engraved on the front with Underlight's logo on the back as well as a few other surprises shipped to you free of charge.

A live drawing will be held shortly after the contest ends, but the real grand prize is having more players to enjoy our game with.

Image Image