Lu Chaos: The Story

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Lu Chaos
Dreamer
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:44 am
Character Name(s): Lu Chaos

Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby Lu Chaos » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:54 pm

First of all, I want to thank everyone who reads this from start to finish, it's not really going to be tooooo long but just because you placed your time and energy into reading something I decided to relay to you all is an honor and I appreciate it thoroughly. With that being said, I would like to begin by addressing things from the time things began.

I first began Underlight back when I was 13 years old, I am now 28. Probably one of the youngest minds in the game today. I learned about the game while I was searching for a new roleplaying game to play, because I created my own Roleplaying Server on a game called Ragnarok Online.. Long behold I ran into the name Underlight.. I was like Underlight? This sounds unique, I began to read and it was magic to my eyes at 13 years old, a world where you can pretend to be your own character... I was like wow... but the catch was... You had to be 18...? HA!

I tested a few characters, the free trial use to only last a month, but I found a way to get my free trial to stretch two months through another website that offered it!! Cool right? Good, I can't say my first characters names because I was 13 years old... And a newly... I don't want to incriminate myself, but the most famous and best character I came up with during my stretch of good and bad characters was RTG, RageTheGreat... Now alot of you might not remember this guy, and some of you might.. After all, he only lasted 2 months hahaha.

Anyways, this character made it to 4th sphere, thanks to Machiavelli, Menson, and Ghazgkull.. It was great because It was the first time I felt apart of something during the lyra days, it was so many people playing the game, I was like wow, I can't get off of the computer.. (( Probably saved my life, staying in doors like that. *Shrugs* )) Machiavelli was one of those guys who literally gave me a jumping jack quest for a sphere. I mean it was second sphere but still, I was happy as hell. Then all of a sudden, just because I was hanging with Machiavelli at the time, I became an enemy, so I would have to run away from people all the time, it was so fun to me, it gave me a feeling like I was being chased by a pack of stray dogs, I use to do that as a youngster all the time, so me getting the same feeling on a video game? That's just epic. I gained my third sphere by un-rememberable circumstances, and yes I just made that word up because I can do that. Everyone else did.. What do you think this language is? Someone made it up right? Ha! Got cha..

But fourth sphere is what changed everything.. Ghazgkull would grant RTG his fourth sphere IF he betrayed Machiavelli.. I thought to myself, wow? Betrayal? My real life friends would kick my ass, I can't betray them, so heres what i've do.. I tricked THIS dumbass into THINKING i'm going to betray Machiavelli, and go warn Machiavelli what's about to happen so we can strategize and at the same time I get to get a sphere haha, brilliant. Was the first time I got to piss on a pisser. Why would you ask someone to betray someone, that's just wrong... Yet that made me understand EXACTLY what Underlight really was...

My membership had cancelled shortly after gaining the final sphere, and I went ahead and decided not to make anymore characters, it was getting annoying to keep restarting and restarting after I make it so far on other characters.. You know? Then Lyra UL cancels... When I decide to give it another whirl...

WHAT THE EFF? Whyyyyy.. Sucks right? A few years pass I don't know exactly the span of time but a miracle happens.. Shades of Truth comes out... I'm like wow, these guys really put in alot of work to resurrect a game I thought i'd never play again, the game launches and I began my journey into the city of dreams again.. Here I go thinking it's going to be like the lyra days... Nope, I couldn't be more wrong, this server was COMPLETELY different..

I began thinking to myself, what type of character will I be? First thing that comes to my mind, GateKeeper, warrior. I was like yea hell yea I have to do that..
Then I was like.. What is my characters goals gonna be? Hell.. Why not to be the best warrior and champion in the city? Why stop there? Why not just create this character to be so full of himself, he declares he is the best at everything, and attempts to out due EVERYBODY at every activity. I laughed at myself thinking that part and so began the journeys of Lu Chaos.. The rest is history.

I told you all of this to say that my story now ends on a sorrowful note. I will miss this game, it was possibly a life-saving, and most definitely a wonderfully unique experience in my life. With that being said, I won't go into why I am quitting the game finally, but I will say that, I did my best to stay.

Thanks everyone for the good times, and the bad times, if you want more of the story of Lu Chaos, and where it took me mentally, PM me. I deleted it from this message. I'm probably not going to be in the game anymore, if I do it's just to say hello to a few folks and catch up, but giving this game my mental as well as my time, meh, no reason, not anymore. Thanks guys though for everything.

-Matt aka Lu Chaos.
User avatar
Elmer
Alliance of the Eclipse
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:57 pm
Character Name(s): Elmer

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby Elmer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:32 pm

Sorry to see this Matt.

It was an honor to play along side of you, you taught me quite a bit, and Lu's one liners were the best and had me laughing my ass off
quite a few times.
You will be missed bro.

Ron
...Seja você mesmo...
User avatar
fr3y
Dreamer
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:38 pm
Character Name(s): Frey, Kendo, That one guy
Location: French Camp, Ca.

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby fr3y » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:16 pm

The dream needs to have some kind of class that teaches people how to actually leave the dream.

It honestly would only take a few minutes.

See frey for details.
11:11:28: Purple Lace: Frayed logic
11:11:39: You Say: no
11:11:43: You Say: Freyed logic

I don't compete, I'm the prize.
Fireball
Dreamer
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:09 pm
Character Name(s): Fireball

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby Fireball » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:15 pm

Is there anyone left?

Take care people! Reunite somewhere, sometime. It's a good thing to do. Brings smiles and nostalgia.
User avatar
Synteny
Dreamer
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:41 am
Character Name(s): Synteny

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby Synteny » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Bye
User avatar
Gorgunsun
Alliance of the Eclipse
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:14 am
Character Name(s): Gorgunsun, Gromnir

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby Gorgunsun » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:51 pm

I gotta admit Lu was a pain in the a$$ sometimes but butting heads with him brought a smile to my face. Hope ya come back man.
User avatar
-Lacie-
Alliance of the Eclipse
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:23 pm
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal
Location: Huntsville, AL
Contact:

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby -Lacie- » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:31 am

Ok, so what do I say here... hmm.... let me put it to music, that usually does the trick....

Is this it?

Well, almost... how about this one....

Somebody I Used To Know

No, not quite... There HAS to be the right tune here somewhere....

Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey, Goodbye!

Nah.... you'll always be the guy in the lavender jacket to me....

The Peace Corpse Theme Song

To the guy I love ... to Blast the most....

~Lacie~
User avatar
LadySilver
Dreamer
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:03 am

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby LadySilver » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:25 am

You are the passion the dream needs. You believed in the magic. You were one of the honest rulers Sil ever served with. You only added to the dream whether it was what others wanted or not doesn't matter. You left your mark and changed the City. No one can ask for more. Your character may have been an rp but the love and interest you had in each dreamer you talked to was real. It has been an honor and privilege. You know where home is.
User avatar
Coraal
Alliance of the Eclipse
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:50 pm
Character Name(s): Coraal

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby Coraal » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:48 pm

Bro,

Hell, where do I begin?

I really hate bittersweet crap and this is as bittersweet as it gets. Saying "farewell" to you is as hard to me as saying it would be saying farewell to Lace or Sil. Because, in so many ways, you have made this roleplaying experience something so much more than just playing a game. The months of laughter, excitement, camaraderie, and just plain action made this game so much more for me than what I had expected. And now, after all that has been said and done; I find it rough to part ways. I have watched you struggle with your character, watched you attempt to keep a candle burning in a strong wind, and witnessed how you have motivated other players...even if that motivation was to hate your character and see you suffer. It was still something.

In a great many ways your character signifies to me EXACTLY what it means to be a dynamic role player. Lu is arrogant, direct, rude, and pushy...but he is noble, honorable, dedicated, and loyal to those who truly understood him. All of that comes from the controller behind the screen and I consider it one of the greatest honors to have been given the opportunity to not only play at your side, but to call you a friend and brother. You're like family to me, man. And both myself and my character are going to miss you greatly. I can only hope that I achieve even the smallest bit of drive and momentum you have brought to this game though I fear my feet are too small to fill those shoes. There will never be another Lu Chaos.

So, I am not saying "goodbye" but I am saying "until next time". I truly, deep down, do not believe that the sage of Lu Chaos is finished. That somewhere, some when, some time...he's still fighting the good fight; taking names and kicking someone's ass. And, I sincerely hope, that at some point in time our paths cross again. Because together we have done amazing things, man. Things that keep my love and faith in roleplaying alive. Don't hesitate to get in touch with me, bro, and please don't be a stranger. Even if you don't want to play any longer; stop by and say hello from time to time. Everyone needs a little Chaos in their lives whether they're willing to admit it or not.

See you in our dreams or in that place between sleeping and awake, man.

Your bro,

Coraal
No one saves us but ourselves.
No one can and no one may.
We ourselves must walk the path.
Buddha
User avatar
fr3y
Dreamer
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:38 pm
Character Name(s): Frey, Kendo, That one guy
Location: French Camp, Ca.

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby fr3y » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:15 pm

Welcome back !
11:11:28: Purple Lace: Frayed logic
11:11:39: You Say: no
11:11:43: You Say: Freyed logic

I don't compete, I'm the prize.
User avatar
Synteny
Dreamer
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:41 am
Character Name(s): Synteny

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby Synteny » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:20 pm

Welcome Back, Lu. Missed you.
Lu Chaos
Dreamer
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:44 am
Character Name(s): Lu Chaos

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby Lu Chaos » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:16 pm

Welcome back?
Alrighty.

In the meantime its amazing you even know Lu showed up today well not really because Lu Chaos is definitely a headliner.


Too everyone else thanks for the words, it meant a lot. Sadly though my head isn't even in the game anymore when I enter the game its just not the same feeling so you may see Lu visit who the hell knows when, Lu is still a character with feelings in a world that we created together but as a player meh its dumb for me to continue. Especially when as a player I have obstacles in front of me because of ONE character I use. Not only that but majority of the playerbase give me a hard time offline in posts as well. When you've had enough you've had enough. You'll miss me for sure. Just like I'll miss you but I'll only return on one condition.

That condition remains to be seen because of false pride behind a computer against a man you never met because he roleplays his character too good.

-Matt
Fireball
Dreamer
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:09 pm
Character Name(s): Fireball

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby Fireball » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:26 pm

Lu Chaos wrote:Welcome back?
Alrighty.

In the meantime its amazing you even know Lu showed up today well not really because Lu Chaos is definitely a headliner.


Too everyone else thanks for the words, it meant a lot. Sadly though my head isn't even in the game anymore when I enter the game its just not the same feeling so you may see Lu visit who the hell knows when, Lu is still a character with feelings in a world that we created together but as a player meh its dumb for me to continue. Especially when as a player I have obstacles in front of me because of ONE character I use. Not only that but majority of the playerbase give me a hard time offline in posts as well. When you've had enough you've had enough. You'll miss me for sure. Just like I'll miss you but I'll only return on one condition.

That condition remains to be seen because of false pride behind a computer against a man you never met because he roleplays his character too good.

-Matt


Well that took a turn... :arrow:
User avatar
Synteny
Dreamer
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:41 am
Character Name(s): Synteny

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby Synteny » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:41 pm

omg Fireball <3 Hi ltns

Fireball wrote:
Lu Chaos wrote:Welcome back?
Alrighty.

In the meantime its amazing you even know Lu showed up today well not really because Lu Chaos is definitely a headliner.


Too everyone else thanks for the words, it meant a lot. Sadly though my head isn't even in the game anymore when I enter the game its just not the same feeling so you may see Lu visit who the hell knows when, Lu is still a character with feelings in a world that we created together but as a player meh its dumb for me to continue. Especially when as a player I have obstacles in front of me because of ONE character I use. Not only that but majority of the playerbase give me a hard time offline in posts as well. When you've had enough you've had enough. You'll miss me for sure. Just like I'll miss you but I'll only return on one condition.

That condition remains to be seen because of false pride behind a computer against a man you never met because he roleplays his character too good.

-Matt


Well that took a turn... :arrow:
User avatar
Tember
House of Calenture
Posts: 363
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:35 pm
Location: Georgia
Contact:

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby Tember » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:50 am

No offense here to anyone in particular. But, I've been seeing a lot of good bye post, officially gone posts, audios posts, and within a week I see your character back in game and all I can think is, what the hell batman? We're freaking adults. Don't get mad one day and toss up a post as an attention getter, it doesn't get you your way. It just makes you look kinda lame :cry:
ISO BladeSlayer
User avatar
Dina
Dreamer
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:13 pm
Character Name(s): Dina, Kailee, Audra, Zenobia

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby Dina » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:20 am

Tember wrote:No offense here to anyone in particular. But, I've been seeing a lot of good bye post, officially gone posts, audios posts, and within a week I see your character back in game and all I can think is, what the hell batman? We're freaking adults. Don't get mad one day and toss up a post as an attention getter, it doesn't get you your way. It just makes you look kinda lame :cry:


Hey now, usually when I do it, I'm gone for 3 months or so! My last post said I wouldn't be around much. I think I have lived up to that post though!

I wont say all, but many of us do have emotions when it comes to this game. I have typed up these posts a...few...times. The sad part is when others don't care and post shit like "Bye". This game is in no condition to lose players. Every version of this game has had some shit players and shit GMs and it will be this way till Underlight is no more. I've basically gotten used to it and just play less. I will say this much though, SoT by far has been my favorite. Some jerk GMs, but some pretty good ones too. Dina and Akkadian has come a long way in game. Dina wanted to punch him in the throat a few times in the past, but now she looks up to him and they get a long good. TIME has helped with this and I've learned to slow it down lol.

You wont get things by throwing in the towel.

My suggestion is to take a break and then come back. See how it goes for a while and then decide.

Now, I'm the Queen of Bitches and normally would laugh at some of the stuff said in this post...maybe I'm getting old and calming down some (itsy bitsy some), but don't be an ass to someone saying goodbye. Before we know it, we wont have anyone walking the halls in game.

Edit: Tember, this is not pointed at you, so calm your titties! :lol:
"I have this weird sort of Gemini thing where I can really be empathetic and a loving person. But if you piss me off, I can be one of the meanest, most sadistic people." - Wilhelm Reich
User avatar
Black Cloud
Dreamer
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:52 am

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby Black Cloud » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:00 pm

Tember wrote:No offense here to anyone in particular. But, I've been seeing a lot of good bye post, officially gone posts, audios posts, and within a week I see your character back in game and all I can think is, what the hell batman? We're freaking adults. Don't get mad one day and toss up a post as an attention getter, it doesn't get you your way. It just makes you look kinda lame :cry:


#FreakingAdults

Is someone hanging on the edge too much drama for your bag? :roll: For a game that prides itself in its roleplay x-factor, it truly is sad to see that bleed out into the real world. Either you can't help that true dislike that the character Lu Chaos has instilled in you for him, or you're sour towards a controller in real life, which makes no sense. Anyways, i hope you guys are enjoying the GAME.

Matt, I love you man. I know I'm not around anymore and although i havent technically left, im pretty much sitting on the fence. When i came back to underlight, i wanted to do something different. I had always been in the good light when it came to sides, and although it was safe, it was boring as hell. Everyone warned me to stay away from two people, Lu Chaos and Purple Lace. So what did i do? The opposite. And even though everyone turned their backs, i was proud of my decision to go against the current.

Black Cloud's partnership with Lu Chaos was the best experience of my underlight career. What fun is there without conflict? I believe i made my biggest accomplishments in this dynamic, and we did amazing things with our team. We've gone through all of the emotions together: happiness, sadness, anger, confusion, regret, pride, ambition, hope, determination, and we built a tight-knit family that shared our beliefs. Not only that, but we built something that has grown to the point it had to be adopted and recognized by all. Something i am very proud of, and i know you are too.

I'm not sure of the exact reasons behind your decision, but you know i understand. I wouldn't recommend anything that stresses you out, and i am too familiar with the lingering stress which comes with controlling a character like Lu Chaos. Kids like to have fun, but I'm afraid you'll only find adults here. Whatever your choice is, you're going to be missed. Aside from that, take care of yourself and boopidyboop anything that makes you feel bad.

Much love
Last edited by Koi-Shadow on Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Tember
House of Calenture
Posts: 363
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:35 pm
Location: Georgia
Contact:

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby Tember » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:14 pm

And then there are those people that leave the game but come back just to troll the forums.

Your take-away from my post is completely ignorant. I was completely clear, so I don't understand why you twist it to make it look like something else.

#freakingtroll
ISO BladeSlayer
User avatar
Golah
Alliance of the Eclipse
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:15 am

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby Golah » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:46 pm

There is so much I can say here, but I believe a few people have already proven Matts point. Matt sorry to see you go, I know we had some major differences in game as of late, and I loved every moment of it, your Lu char is one of a kind, and sorely needed here, hope to chat with you again.
User avatar
Sidas
Dreamer
Posts: 346
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:11 pm
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby Sidas » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:27 pm

A couple months ago I probably would have said Lu Chaos leaving would be a good thing for the game. After all, you had spent a lot of time gleefully PKing people to the point of them not wanting to login. Underlight cannot sustain people leaving at this point, so the idea of you leaving would have been a good thing. However, you have turned it around a bit lately and Lu Chaos is actually a character that can actually be interacted with. That's not something small and it's not unnoticed, at least by me.

I'm not exactly sure what the conditions mentioned are but I would recommend staying and just playing a calmer game. I know stepping back helped me stay more sane which helped with my reduced playtime after my kid was born a few months ago.

Keep in mind, this is likely Underlight's last gasp, so every player is crucial, regardless of whether or not you like each other.
User avatar
Golah
Alliance of the Eclipse
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:15 am

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby Golah » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:35 pm

I agree with Sid, for a few reasons.

As chars we are one being controlled by another, the ooc player part. As players we are obligated to think beyond our chars, houses, beliefs, and consider the fundamental growth of the game, the problem with that will again remain the perceptions that are seen by actions of other players that appear to have things easier than others, more gm support, more trains, more halos, more marks, more everything, that takes wind out of players, and even with ALL the changes a player can make, people play their chars as unforgiving machines, and that is where we have to use logic to provide reason.

We want more people to play, but we degrade those that currently do play, both in game and out, and honestly this has never really been addressed in any form.

If we are a community of players we need to act like that, and do whats in the best interest of the games growth and survival, not our chars, and for some that is a very hard road to walk.

I propose we begin open forums about how to direct the game into a more aligned path with growing its base, creating a path for growth for all players (wipe slate and begin fresh) and let the paths lead where they may, while being mindful of the true purpose, to embark, grow, learn, communicate, live, and have fun, that is how we get new players between that an advertising etc. No one wants to play a game where the winning is only one sided, it has to be shared by all, and we have to be okay with losing.
User avatar
Tember
House of Calenture
Posts: 363
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:35 pm
Location: Georgia
Contact:

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby Tember » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:53 pm

Bladeslayer once made a post that applies to this.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1227
ISO BladeSlayer
User avatar
Dina
Dreamer
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:13 pm
Character Name(s): Dina, Kailee, Audra, Zenobia

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby Dina » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:43 am

Like I stated before...

Dina wrote:The sad part is when others don't care and post shit like "Bye". This game is in no condition to lose players.


Heck, even Dina started to like Lu...Now that is crazy!
"I have this weird sort of Gemini thing where I can really be empathetic and a loving person. But if you piss me off, I can be one of the meanest, most sadistic people." - Wilhelm Reich
User avatar
Tember
House of Calenture
Posts: 363
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:35 pm
Location: Georgia
Contact:

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby Tember » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:26 am

Dina wrote:Like I stated before...

Dina wrote:The sad part is when others don't care and post shit like "Bye". This game is in no condition to lose players.


Heck, even Dina started to like Lu...Now that is crazy!


Contrary to what you or others may think. People don't actually want people to leave the game. I say the more the marrier. But, what people do want, is for people to stop getting mad at Ic situations, and flipping out and leaving goodbye posts only to be seen in game hours later.
ISO BladeSlayer
Lu Chaos
Dreamer
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:44 am
Character Name(s): Lu Chaos

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Postby Lu Chaos » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:14 pm

To be quite frank, I didn't leave the game for IC reasons. The GMs know exactly why I left the game, and I explained the other part of my departure already in my post, also seeing me in game for 2 minutes or 30 minutes tops whatever, doesn't dictate me returning to the game. None the less, at the end of the day, I appreciate everyones input on the situation.

@Sidas - especially yours, that was a surprise. Except for the PK part, I never did that. It was all roleplay, and the logs can prove it.

Return to “Player Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests