Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Lu Chaos: The Story

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Koi-Echelon

Re: Lu Chaos: The Story

Post by Koi-Echelon »

Lu Chaos wrote:The GMs know exactly why I left the game
Attempting to extort the GM team is not conducive to the Roleplaying experience.

We do wish you the best and hope you decide to come back to the game to continue playing your characters.

Thank you, Dream on.
Synteny
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Synteny

Post by Synteny »

Dina wrote:Like I stated before...
Dina wrote:The sad part is when others don't care and post shit like "Bye". This game is in no condition to lose players.
Heck, even Dina started to like Lu...Now that is crazy!
As he said in his own post, he started playing UL at 13. He's now 28. He did this same "IM LEAVING FOREVER PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME" kind of move in Lyra UL all the time. When he was 13. He's now 28, maybe it's time to grow up and deal with the in-character roleplay that you have cultivated, instead of acting like you're 13 again. I like the Lu Chaos character. My character does not, but I appreciate what he brings to the game. He brings drama, leadership, anger, passion. All great things a character needs to really push roleplay forward and draw others into your wake and join the fun! That's where it's so detrimental to the game to act like you're 13 years old having a fit. Play the game, or don't. I don't give credence to my 1 year old or 5 year old when they're throwing a fit on the floor, and I won't here either. You're harming the game by stirring the OOC pot, when you have in your hands the ability to move it forward and make it great.

So yes, I said bye. Because It's not worth any more than that. When he wants to play, I'll say more.
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

Post by -Lacie- »

As one of the 'adults' in the room, I'd like to impart a bit of Insight.

I'd like to start by saying, I know where Lu is coming from. Not really... I was 37 when I started playing UL. But Lace started her dreams as the "girl scout, goodie-two shoes" of the City. Few prolly remember that, but I bet a few still remember. When things went "bad" for her, it crushed her... terribly. I would make those "I'm leaving this #$%^*%^&*^* City forever" posts. I couldn't understand why on Umbric some things happened like they did, didn't realize the reason so-and-so got this-and-that when I couldn't get anywhere, blah blah blah. So I can relate.

I was lucky tho. I had some great folks take me under their wings and guide and enlighten me (both players and GM's). So, I had an enlightenment.

Consider the novel. It's written page by page. The goal is to have the reader want to tear out a page, throw the book across the room, then run over and turn the page, to see what happens next. Afterall, it's just mushed up tree pieces, ink and words. How boring, unless it stimulates some emotional response. When you read the book, you don't get a pen out, scratch out parts and rewrite it to suit you. You turn the page in hopes that it turns out the way you want, knowing full good and well there's a 50/50 chance it won't.

Underlight is an unwritten novel.... a play. It's a play in which those Entering the DreamState actually have pens to write part of the story. What an unusual turn of events, eh? It's a play in which people become ~part~ of the script, are able to alter, create, destroy, manipulate what happens on the next page. The dig is... that other people are doing the ~same~ thing at the ~same~ time. This is what makes Underlight such a complex idea and so difficult to further. But it also makes it so much damn fun for those with a creative bone, a vivid imagination, and the stamina to keep going.

Name three current games that do that. I've tried ... and failed.

So Lu... do what you must. Real life is always more important than a game. However, when I got DreamStruck (and after I cried for two weeks solid), I started to realize what UL is, and what I had been doing wrong. There's a reason you feel the way you do, and I leave that to your conscience. But, maybe a break, some sunshine on your face & a bit of time will help. You're intelligent, inventive and passionate about the ideas you come up with. If Underlight isn't the medium that furthers that, God's speed. But, if after a breather, you can find your way back into the novel... there are still some empty pages that require your... special touch.

In the meantime, I'll try to plat my Blast a bit higher, for your painful entertainment.

~Lacie~
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."
Golah
Dreamer

Post by Golah »

-Lacie- wrote:As one of the 'adults' in the room, I'd like to impart a bit of Insight.

I'd like to start by saying, I know where Lu is coming from. Not really... I was 37 when I started playing UL. But Lace started her dreams as the "girl scout, goodie-two shoes" of the City. Few prolly remember that, but I bet a few still remember. When things went "bad" for her, it crushed her... terribly. I would make those "I'm leaving this #$%^*%^&*^* City forever" posts. I couldn't understand why on Umbric some things happened like they did, didn't realize the reason so-and-so got this-and-that when I couldn't get anywhere, blah blah blah. So I can relate.

I was lucky tho. I had some great folks take me under their wings and guide and enlighten me (both players and GM's). So, I had an enlightenment.

Consider the novel. It's written page by page. The goal is to have the reader want to tear out a page, throw the book across the room, then run over and turn the page, to see what happens next. Afterall, it's just mushed up tree pieces, ink and words. How boring, unless it stimulates some emotional response. When you read the book, you don't get a pen out, scratch out parts and rewrite it to suit you. You turn the page in hopes that it turns out the way you want, knowing full good and well there's a 50/50 chance it won't.

Underlight is an unwritten novel.... a play. It's a play in which those Entering the DreamState actually have pens to write part of the story. What an unusual turn of events, eh? It's a play in which people become ~part~ of the script, are able to alter, create, destroy, manipulate what happens on the next page. The dig is... that other people are doing the ~same~ thing at the ~same~ time. This is what makes Underlight such a complex idea and so difficult to further. But it also makes it so much damn fun for those with a creative bone, a vivid imagination, and the stamina to keep going.

Name three current games that do that. I've tried ... and failed.

So Lu... do what you must. Real life is always more important than a game. However, when I got DreamStruck (and after I cried for two weeks solid), I started to realize what UL is, and what I had been doing wrong. There's a reason you feel the way you do, and I leave that to your conscience. But, maybe a break, some sunshine on your face & a bit of time will help. You're intelligent, inventive and passionate about the ideas you come up with. If Underlight isn't the medium that furthers that, God's speed. But, if after a breather, you can find your way back into the novel... there are still some empty pages that require your... special touch.

In the meantime, I'll try to plat my Blast a bit higher, for your painful entertainment.

~Lacie~

Prize to Lacie- You are quite simply one of the reasons I stay
Lu Chaos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Lu Chaos

Post by Lu Chaos »

@Echelon extort is a word made up by a (insert word) who fed you false information. I never attempted to extort anything I simply gave my only way I'm gonna stay and it didnt happen and you guys lied to me blatantly. No reason to deal with it. Good luck.
Koi-Drama
Founder

Post by Koi-Drama »

I believe this thread has served it purpose and I'll proceed to lock it.

M,

We thank you for your participation in the game. I will echo what others have stated in previous replies. Lu Chaos, as a character, brought a certain set of dynamics to the game with mixed results. No one should argue the passion you have displayed throughout your playing experience spread across the several versions of the game. We hope that, on your terms, will continue to bring the unique presence that is your creative side.

I will not comment on anything else beyond the initial purpose of your original post. I will simply say thank you for all your contributions.

On a side note, let's not attempt to continue this post on another thread. All that was needed to be said has been said and beyond.
“I try to bring the audience's own drama, tears and laughter they know about, to them.”