Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Upcoming Patch Teaser: Player Mare Revamp

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Koi-Shadow

Upcoming Patch Teaser: Player Mare Revamp

Post by Koi-Shadow »

Our next patch will be releasing soon and it is one of our largest patches to date. There are new areas, new arts, and many other improvements/changes, but one of the changes is a significant revamp of the Pmare system. Click the link below for a video showing some of the changes to the pmares. If you have not already liked and followed our Facebook page please do that as well to stay up to date and help more new players find us. Stay tuned for more information and release date of the patch soon.
https://www.facebook.com/Underlight/vid ... 057217499/
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Re: Upcoming Patch Teaser: Player Mare Revamp

Post by Arnaya »

Okay, Ouch.... Can we make them vulnerable to Vampiric Draw now too then please? Or at least update the draw message so we know if its a vulnerable spot thing or not (Arnaya couldn't draw Lol or Rukar the other night. Art just canceled despite having one of the mares essences). These upgrades are sweet, but Vicious lol
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Koi-Echelon

Post by Koi-Echelon »

Currently Maren essences do not function the same as Dreamer's.

I will pass your suggestion on to the development team.
Hammen
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Hammen

Post by Hammen »

I think this is a great change to the pmare system. Though I've only fought one, I felt that it was a bit weak for the concept. This should work nicely.

My only criticism is in the video itself. Koi Shadow, I had a hard time hearing you over the music. Maybe next time tune it down a bit or speak above a whisper? It could also just be me. In any case, thanks for the video. It's exciting!

Can't wait to see what all the other changes are!

H
Koi-Shadow

Post by Koi-Shadow »

Hammen wrote: My only criticism is in the video itself. Koi Shadow, I had a hard time hearing you over the music. Maybe next time tune it down a bit or speak above a whisper? It could also just be me. In any case, thanks for the video. It's exciting!
Fair point. I was trying to avoid waking the little ones and having my wife call me a nerd.
Hammen
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Hammen

Post by Hammen »

Koi-Shadow wrote:
Hammen wrote: My only criticism is in the video itself. Koi Shadow, I had a hard time hearing you over the music. Maybe next time tune it down a bit or speak above a whisper? It could also just be me. In any case, thanks for the video. It's exciting!
Fair point. I was trying to avoid waking the little ones and having my wife call me a nerd.
Oh man...do I know the feeling there. I have invested in a Man Cave. They are wonderful. I don't disturb a soul. Highly recommended! :D

H
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

so, this will make them all, essentially (empowered) and vulnerable to poison once you've gotten their sable shield, yes?
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Koi-Shadow

Post by Koi-Shadow »

Yes.
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

You are my new favorite Koi...I mean, I don't know that you are RESPONSIBLE for it...but you are the one that told me...also, I'm not a huge fan of carp...so, yeah...WOOOOOOT
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
fr3y
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Frey, Kendo, That one guy

Post by fr3y »

I'm cool with this.. but for the love of god give chaks a decent spawn rate. I can gen from work and so I do so significantly more than most and pickings are dry as hell lately. Over the past week I've seen one decent 50 in probably 10 hours of genning.
11:11:28: Purple Lace: Frayed logic
11:11:39: You Say: no
11:11:43: You Say: Freyed logic

I don't compete, I'm the prize.
Arnaya
Dreamer

Post by Arnaya »

Yeah.... that and decent quality Dreamsoul (10-30, 12-40, etc). When 12+ hours of hunting and genning over 4 days (yes, that's 3 hours a day roughly) results in 2 combat level Dreamsoul elems....its a little hurting. I understand the random factor, and sometimes you'll get 5 or 6 good Dreamsoul and focus elems in like two hours. More often than not though.... its a 2 to 3 hour hunting blast to get 1. and the genning isn't much better.

I know Focus gens are off the table, but what Are the limits on gens and all that so we can come up with some decent suggestions?
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Koi-Ajax
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Ajax »

Uthanatos wrote:so, this will make them all, essentially (empowered) and vulnerable to poison once you've gotten their sable shield, yes?
Full bore Poison is too much for a Player Nightmare so it would be a good idea to keep your expectations light for it. You can use Poison but it won't be as effective as it is against a Dreamer. We will ask everyone to share their thoughts on the effectiveness of the new update once it's live so that we can continue to work toward a happy medium.
Koi-Ajax
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Ajax »

Arnaya wrote:Yeah.... that and decent quality Dreamsoul (10-30, 12-40, etc). When 12+ hours of hunting and genning over 4 days (yes, that's 3 hours a day roughly) results in 2 combat level Dreamsoul elems....its a little hurting. I understand the random factor, and sometimes you'll get 5 or 6 good Dreamsoul and focus elems in like two hours. More often than not though.... its a 2 to 3 hour hunting blast to get 1. and the genning isn't much better.

I know Focus gens are off the table, but what Are the limits on gens and all that so we can come up with some decent suggestions?
viewforum.php?f=9 :)

I do troll through the Game Suggestions forum, and it's the only place I look for player-generated suggestions, so please toss any ideas you may have there.
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

Post by -Lacie- »

Ok, so this is great and I'm all for advancing, growing new stuff, more powerful Mares, etc.... but wait...

That test subject.... why do I suddenly feel... violated??????

I mean, come on... do you people ~really~ use my avatar setup as a test dummy?????

I'm honored and all... but geez!

hahahahahahhha!

Seriously tho (like I can actually pull off ~serious~), is there an ETA on the patch?

~Lacie~
aka "Test subject"
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."
Dina

Post by Dina »

Will they be worth more XP?
Arnaya
Dreamer

Post by Arnaya »

They are. A regular shamblix datoken is worth around 40k. These "Boosted" ones seems to be worth around 70 (3 person party nets about 30k for the ones that didn't get the float I think it was).
Dina

Post by Dina »

Awesome!
Koi-Ajax
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Ajax »

Arnaya wrote:They are. A regular shamblix datoken is worth around 40k. These "Boosted" ones seems to be worth around 70 (3 person party nets about 30k for the ones that didn't get the float I think it was).
This is not correct. Current "boosted" Player Nightmares are not worth any more or less than their counterparts.
Dina

Post by Dina »

Booooo!
fr3y
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Frey, Kendo, That one guy

Post by fr3y »

yeah it might make for more thrilling fights, but if the thrill is the only payoff at the cost of hours of increased gen time Frey might have to choose his battles to a degree..
I think any newlies who love exploring better do it quickly.
11:11:28: Purple Lace: Frayed logic
11:11:39: You Say: no
11:11:43: You Say: Freyed logic

I don't compete, I'm the prize.
Koi-Shadow

Post by Koi-Shadow »

The patch is scheduled for the morning of Sunday June 4th. Dev will likely be posting an announcement as we get closer.

Pmares were previously worth 40k for Shamblixs and 100k for Horrons, any of the "empowered" or regular pmares currently on live will be worth that much until the patch. After the patch, the Shamblixs will be worth 50k and the Horrons will be worth 75k. We increased the Shamblix XP since we increased their strength

Previously Horrons had a very narrow vulnerable area in their back, less than what Shamblixs have. On Darkmares, this made it seem like a lot of hits were not registering because of how the server handles combat and how narrow of an area this was. We have increased this area to be similar to Shamblixs, so they will easier to hit in the back. It was also almost impossible for a pmare to get to a Horron on their own since they had to get up to orbit 45, this has been reduced to orbit 30 making it much easier to achieve. Each time we would grant XP to a pmare to turn it into a horron before, to support a roleplay or to give the players an extra challenge, they would flood the game with 1,000,000+ xp over the course of 30 minutes. With these changes, Horron pmares really aren't *that much* stronger than Shamblixs now, so 75k is more in line with what is appropriate and the reduced time remaining with each collapse will prevent them from flooding the game with xp.

See the list of pmare changes below. Rememer, this is just part of the changes from the next patch. The rest of the patch notes will be released with the patch on June 4th.

Partial patch notes preview:

Playermare changes
Shamblixs and Horrons now have a chance to randomly shoot higher level chakrams. They also have increased frontal shielding.
Orbit requirement for Shamblixs to turn to Horron lowered to 30 (down from 45).
Playermares now have a collection of combat arts to use . Arts will improve as Player mares gain orbits.
Reworked protection arts on pmares. Pmares are no longer immune to effects. They now spawn with a set of protection arts: FA,Vision,Reflect,etc. If one of these is abjured or runs out, Pmares will have a chance to reapply effects automatically when they fire.
Playermares and Darkmares have a chance to absorb and redirect a Firestorm back across the room
Each time a pmare is collapsed their time remaining online will be reduced.
Playermares collapsing themselves (i.e. Sancing) will give the XP to the last person who attacked them as long as they are on the same plane
Increased XP gained from Shamblix pmares to 50,000 (up from 40,000).
Reduced XP gained from Horron pmares to 75,000 (down from 100,000)
The area Horrons (Pmares, Darkmares, and Nightmares) can be hit in the back has been increased, making them easier to hit.
Dina

Post by Dina »

So what about para? Instant death to the mares? I guess they might get free action as an art, but...if they have to evoke it, still sucks for the pmare. Should only let real arts hit mares and not effect chaks.
Koi-Ajax
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Ajax »

They have a chance to regain any effect they have lost while attacking. Paralyze will work on a Player Nightmare but the Player Nightmare can regain the Free Action once they're paralyzed. That way it doesn't turn into an Instant Collapse sort of thing while still giving the ability to bring down a Player Nightmare with a well-coordinated attack.
Dina

Post by Dina »

Oh that is good!